As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bookmarks now sorted oldest *created* thread first?

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    It's back for me too

• Options
    MarekMarek Lurker Pro A screen door... factoryRegistered User regular
    Same here. Android.

XBL: Jason Marek
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Just noticed it now, myself. Meaning I didn't really check the forums yesterday to at least lurk? Wierd.

Chrome. Both on PC and Android.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    My bookmarks are mis-sorted too. Windows 10, Chrome.

sig.gif
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I'm both sad that it's back and glad that all that effort of unsubscribing to closed threads has paid off today.

Those who unsubscribe from the past are doomed to repeat it

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I'm both sad that it's back and glad that all that effort of unsubscribing to closed threads has paid off today.

Whelp, looks like I'm doing this... reaaaaally don't need these threads about Wii U bookmarked anymore :3

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Just noticed. Using Duckduckgo browser on android 12.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Back for me as well.

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Back for me as well, Same order.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    O0xyDcC.jpg

oh god these blast from the past threads are destroying me

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/55234/time-machine-but-the-other-way-2018/p1

Brolo on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    O0xyDcC.jpg

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/55234/time-machine-but-the-other-way-2018/p1

Yes

the answer is yes

it's just as true today as it was back then!!!!

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Orca wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    O0xyDcC.jpg

Yes

the answer is yes

it's just as true today as it was back then!!!!
    Coming up on twenty years

jdarksun on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    And here I thought there was new Growlanser news...

wqf4qpa8th0e.png

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Im also having this happen to me

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Pretty sure it's the forums settings so it's happening to everyone.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    oh god this is getting fixed right? I've been so confused until I realized what was going on

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    oh god this is getting fixed right? I've been so confused until I realized what was going on

I hope so

I can't live like this Hardtarget

• Options
    MarekMarek Lurker Pro A screen door... factoryRegistered User regular
    The only work around I've found is just having to open you bookmarks page and clicking last at the bottom to see the most recent ones.

XBL: Jason Marek
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Marek wrote: »
    The only work around I've found is just having to open you bookmarks page and clicking last at the bottom to see the most recent ones.

You can also open the subforum and click on the thread(s) you want to read. Like a savage.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

You can also open the subforum and click on the thread(s) you want to read. Like a savage.

But then you hit https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/247304/reading-a-thread-is-marking-the-entire-subforum-as-read#latest

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

But then you hit https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/247304/reading-a-thread-is-marking-the-entire-subforum-as-read#latest

Indeed. Quite the unfortunate combination of bugs. :s

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Geth must have integrated some reaper code.

What I'm saying is the quarians are to blame, as usual.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    If it's easier to let us hide threads on the recent threads page than it is to fix the bookmark bug, that would actually be super fantastic.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    The oldest thread I have bookmarked is titled 'strip clubs'.

Every time I hit the My Bookmarks page, top of the list, every time, I am confronted with 'strip clubs'. Open the list, 'strip clubs'. Go to the Bookmark page, 'strip clubs'. Top of the page, over and over again, eyes drawn to it like exposed flesh under a cheap spotlight.

Now, being an SE++ thread from 2008, there's probably only a tenuous connection between the title and the content, but still...

strip clubs

strip clubs

strip clubs

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    The first thread I've bookmarked (that I haven't unmarked back then) is a 2010-12 thread dedicated to the unfortunate SF x Tekken.

It's been quite a blast going down memory lane with these. It's a little like visiting Geocities ruins.

• Options
    for me, it's Achewood Appreciation.
    I appreciate this.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Mine is an Ace Combat thread from 2008 that is still the active G&T Ace Combat Thread.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Indeed. Quite the unfortunate combination of bugs. :s

'Unfortunate' is carrying a lot of water, there.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    My top three bugged-bookmark page entries:

i5869x12icqe.jpeg

Weird indeed

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

Doesn't that only hit of you don't have bookmarks for that subforum? It hasn't happened to me at all. Maybe just throw in some bookmarks so that you have literally anything.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Doesn't that only hit of you don't have bookmarks for that subforum? It hasn't happened to me at all. Maybe just throw in some bookmarks so that you have literally anything.

I don't really want to go around thoroughly testing it, but just having bookmarks in the subforum isn't enough. I have that and it still happens.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I hope they haven't just given up on this bug like the YouTube one that's been around for months now.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    I doubt anyone gets paid enough to give a fuck about our screwed up bookmarks on forums dot Penny dash arcade dot com on the weekend.

At least, I hope no one is working on fixing it right now.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    I doubt anyone gets paid enough to give a fuck about our screwed up bookmarks on forums dot Penny dash arcade dot com on the weekend.

At least, I hope no one is working on fixing it right now.

But it's inconveniencing me! Right now! On the weekend!

I'm just hoping it doesn't stay like this forever.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    my #1 oldest and #4 oldest bookmarks are still active lol

WeTsttQ.png

And so is #20

fONXhJb.png

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I have pretty much adapted to scanning for new. But I only have two pages.

Please dont take this as an endorsment of not wanting it fixed.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Phew, I thought it was just me. I'm not alone in my suffering.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I didn’t realize how addicted I have become to the [strike]water[/strike] bookmarks. It’s kind of a pain to just scroll threads, like what am I, interested in a broad range of fascinating topics?!

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I'm now playing the weird self mind game of "3 threads are marked Unread, which one do I prioritise, because I'll inevitably forget what the other two were by the time I finish reading the first one?"