As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bookmarks now sorted oldest *created* thread first?

13»

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Right Click > Open in New Tab

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited April 2023

Two clicks? What am I, made of fingers?

Middle click does it in one.

edit: For another middle click time saver because you have ADHD and every microsecond counts, you can middle click a tab to kill it without needing to aim for the X.

Kamar on
  • OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular

Long press > Open in Background > Repeat Many Times And Watch As They Fade Into The Tab Sea Of Forgotten Momentary Interests

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular

CTRL + click is my preferred method.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

CTRL + click is my preferred method.

middle-wheel click on any mouse does it as well.

Hope this is fixed soon. even clearing out all my old/closed bookmarks leaves me with 4 pages, only the last two are threads with current activity but it's still not ideal as an update list to check.

steam_sig.png
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    I didn’t realize how addicted I have become to the [strike]water[/strike] bookmarks. It’s kind of a pain to just scroll threads, like what am I, interested in a broad range of fascinating topics?!

I do mainly the same thing, but when my bookmarked topics don’t have any updates that day, I go out looking for other interesting topics to add to my bookmark collection.

It wasn’t until this issue that I see how varied those bookmarks are… There is no order to them whatsoever, but there is a certain beauty to the chaos.

Edit: It being noted that the bookmarks are listed by date created makes me notice that threads lived a lot longer 10-15 years ago than they do currently - either they reach 100 very quickly or fade into obscurity with no one posting anymore after a time.

Nitsua on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    One fix you can do is put the last page of your bookmarks as your favorite, since you can view the more recent ones that way.

wVEsyIc.png
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    One fix you can do is put the last page of your bookmarks as your favorite, since you can view the more recent ones that way.

holy shit why have I not thought about doing it that way

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    omg it's fixed again

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Fixed, but any threads that have updated since this morning, despite not having ever opened/read those threads, are now marked with unread posts.

Still, I'll take bookmarks working again because the other thing is likely unfixable, and I'll just have to wait months to years for those threads close.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    oh thank the maker

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    It's fixed. But for how long...

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    It's mostly fixed, but unless I trim my bookmarks down to 5 threads it still creates a huge drop-down.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    The mobile version that pops up when you tap the icon used to show the most recently updated 5 or 6 and now it is showing what I suspect is the entire first page. It can be scrolled through so I guess it's not the worst thing but I do want to mention it.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I like that it's technically fixed but breaks the page's vertical scroll and will just fill up literally as long as the page will scroll.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    If you click the star button I guess? I always just go to the full page.

uyvfOQy.png
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    If you click the star button I guess? I always just go to the full page.

AFAIK, the only link to the full page is at the bottom of the star button list.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    You can just right-click on the star and open in a new tab.

uyvfOQy.png