As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-phalla] Baldur's Phalla - Good and Viconia win!

1151617181921»

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I figured GMT was going to cause problems, which is why I set the deadline at a time that would be reasonably expected to not drive me insane. If I run another phalla I might consider pushing the deadline back a bit further.

Burnage on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    May I just interject to say that this phalla was exceedingly good fun to follow? Well done all round and particularly to Oatway and Rainfall, whose repartee had me in stitches several times.

Wildcat on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Why I always have to die so fast.

Also I was Jaheira in case that hasn't been revealed yet. And my alternate win condition was to keep someone or other alive, I forget who. Jeez, good guys have alternate win conditions too.

And screw the three of you who gang-raped me.

Quoth on
    edited February 2008
    Quoth wrote: »

That would have been Rainfall, FrostMist, and real_pochacco.

Egos nailed Yoshimo/Pseudolus night one.

Burnage on
  • NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Why I always have to die so fast.

Also I was Jaheira in case that hasn't been revealed yet. And my alternate win condition was to keep someone or other alive, I forget who. Jeez, good guys have alternate win conditions too.

I got your staff afterwards though :p.

Also what was up with trying to impersonate me? That was what got you attacked by Rainfall.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2008
    Wait wait wait. Did Quoth actually PM someone claiming she was Imoen, or was it just that she changed her avatar that got her on the hit-list? Because if it's option 2, Jesus Christ, guys.

Burnage on
    edited February 2008
    Burnage wrote: »
    Wait wait wait. Did Quoth actually PM someone claiming she was Imoen, or was it just that she changed her avatar that got her on the hit-list? Because if it's option 2, Jesus Christ, guys.

Option 2.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Jesus Christ, guys.

Oats on
    edited February 2008
    Oatway wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, guys.

<3

Burnage on
    edited February 2008
    Well if it had happened any other day then day 1, it wouldnt have been an issue, but day 1 you are searching for targets anyways and Quoth presented a threat if he had been able to convince people he was Imoen.

(if he had been evil that is).

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Jesus Christ, guys.

To be fair you can't blame us from being cautious |:

Gumpy on
    edited February 2008
    I understand evils killing a someone for using the avatar, but goods?

Seer the person next time. Evils don't do reveals like that unless they're:

A) As awesome as I am.
    B) Invincible.

Especially not on Day 1.

Oats on
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, I thought it was pretty clear that Quoth had just chosen a random Baldur's Gate-related image for her avatar.

Burnage on
    edited February 2008
    Well I have a tendency to be paranoid in Phallas at least, unless I am not paying attention.

Also I was invincible in the beginning so it wasnt that far a stretch to believe that some of the evils might be it aswell.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Also you should all feel guilty about killing Quoth.

so very guilty.

Gumpy on
    edited February 2008
    Well the only person I killed directly was Psychocucumber, so my hands are somewhat clean.

In fact the only person I ever attacked was Psycho, twice even, once randomly as the slayer and the other time with the Big Metal Rod.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2008
    I think the RNG I used was loaded or something. Both of the slayer kills came up as PsychoCucumber, and all of Minsc's berserk attacks were on guarded players (except for Egos on the last night).

Burnage on
    edited February 2008
    I am just happy we didnt kill any good guys by accident until the end.

By accident I ofcourse mean our random kills.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Burnage wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought it was pretty clear that Quoth had just chosen a random Baldur's Gate-related image for her avatar.

*L* I thought that was pretty obvious too, seeing how she changed her avatar before the game actually started properly.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Nobody impersonates Imoen and gets away with it, even if it's just an avatar.

It was really just randomly grasping at straws. There was no evidence of who was who and I knew Pluto was a good, since he decided to pm me and be all 'hey I'm so clever.'

There was no better target.

Rainfall on
    edited February 2008
    One possibly last question:

Why didn't any neutrals talk to me? I PM'd Obbi and he called me cocky, and then died that night. Krata died before he could contact me. FrostMist said he thought I'd kill him, but I was an outed evil specificly asking to work with his group (House Irenicus).

Was it the smell of sulfur? I mean, I'm a fire giant, so I get it all the time, but still...

Oats on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    One possibly last question:

Why didn't any neutrals talk to me? I PM'd Obbi and he called me cocky, and then died that night. Krata died before he could contact me. FrostMist said he thought I'd kill him, but I was an outed evil specificly asking to work with his group (House Irenicus).

Was it the smell of sulfur? I mean, I'm a fire giant, so I get it all the time, but still...

Obbi was working with me, he seered me night 1 and decided to help me. Along with B:L. I dunno bout the other neutrals.

M.D. on
  • PsychoCucumberPsychoCucumber Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Burnage, just wanted to say great game. This was my first time being evil, and it was a blast, even being all lonely and paranoid, like Oatway said.
    But, damn those unblockable kills!

PsychoCucumber on
    edited February 2008
    You... you killed me because of my avatar?

What. The. Hell.

I did a Google search for Baldur's Gate and picked the first female picture that looked like it would resize well.

I mean, nobody killed me in the WWI phalla because I had a Mata Hari avatar. WTF.

Quoth on
    edited February 2008
    Nobody resurrecting you was the worst bit to watch. Okay, the good team thought you were Yoshimo - but at the same time they didn't know if he'd be neutral or not. And you'd also been turned into a vampire, but curing that was what the bless powers were for.

Burnage on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    If we had revived Quoth I would have used bless. But we didn't.

Thank you for the awesome phalla Burnage, it was my first time being a good guy vigilante.

M.D. on
    edited February 2008
    I never get roles other than "exceptionally small evil team with a kill-everything" win conditon or villager.

I'd love to be a seer or something.

Oats on
  • PsychoCucumberPsychoCucumber Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'd still love to be evil in a game where they're masoned. Although I'm not sure it could top the godlike abilities I had in the later part of this game. My PMs to Burnage detailing my actions for each night were like a fucking page long.
    Also, killing Quoth because of her avatar is fucked, guys.

PsychoCucumber on
    edited February 2008
    Well what else were we supposed to do? RNG?

I swear, it was a day 1 kill, you guys are being way too fussy 'bout it.

Rainfall on
    edited February 2008
    Cough resurrection mechanic cough

Honestly it was just upsetting because Quoth got killed off in the God Phalla, and then died day one here. Sad.

Burnage on
    edited February 2008
    ...You know, I died day 1 here and also died in Gods of Phalla as well, but nobody was shocked or horrified about that.

As for resurrections, I don't think anybody knew what was going on with those. It was confusing.

Rainfall on
    edited February 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    ...You know, I died day 1 here and also died in Gods of Phalla as well, but nobody was shocked or horrified about that.

As for resurrections, I don't think anybody knew what was going on with those. It was confusing.

I was pretty shocked! The protagonist got bandwagoned on day one. D: It was not something I'd expected, although for obvious reasons I couldn't really say much about it in the thread.

Just to help me tweak my rules for future phallas, what did you find confusing about the resurrections?

Burnage on
    edited February 2008
    Who to use them on? Obviously with resurrection powers you have to hide role names(LOOKING AT YOU, Time Travel Phalla) but we had three nights to use our powers, basically. Night 2 everyone wanted to rez me because, for Plutonium he was stupid enough to rez me even though I outright told him before I died that I had backup, and everyone else was... I dunno.

Day 3, the only person Obbi had communication with was Mr. D, so I guess the B:L rez got a little confusing.

Day 4, we were going to win so we didn't bother doing any resurrections.

It's not that the power itself was confusing, it's just that our network was fairly tangled(I was talking to Egos and Shepard and the Neutrals and Mr. D was talking to Obbi) and we didn't bother doing any organized resurrection because we weren't sure who died until after night 3(, when I nailed all the roles down(except I got confused between Melissan and Irenicus, which doesn't matter because they both died anyway.)

So I didn't know who to use the resurrection on, and I didn't know who people were using them on anyways.

In future, I would include less resurrection powers so that it's more significant, easier to use properly, and so that less people get stacked rezzes.

tl;dr I had no clue what I was doing as far as organizing ressing goes. My bad.

Rainfall on
    edited February 2008
    Well I would have ressed day 4 if I had been allowed to but I already had to many actions going on and had to cut the ress out in order to fit the most important ones in there.

Also, Quoth was a day one kill, its not like we had any better targets, we knew Plut was good, killing him seemed a waste of a vig, Quoth was just unlucky to choose to the wrong avatar on day 1, as I said if it been changed to Imoen day 2, nothing would have happened.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2008
    But why on earth would I have used an avatar of my actual role? If anything, that should have been clue #1 that I was certainly NOT Imoen.

Now I know: random wacky avatars beat random relevant avatars.

Quoth on
    edited February 2008
    But why on earth would I have used an avatar of my actual role? If anything, that should have been clue #1 that I was certainly NOT Imoen.

Now I know: random wacky avatars beat random relevant avatars.

Heh I was Imoen, so I knew 100% you werent :P.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2008
    See I still don't understand the thought process. A bad guy would never want to draw attention to themselves with an avatar. They tend to post a lot, and be borderline helpful.

Oats on
    edited February 2008
    I never even CLAIMED to be Imoen... if I had, I would understand, but all I did was use her picture. And I asked who she was because I was too lazy to look it up.

Y'all are mean. Pffbt.

What sucked was that I thought, "Well, if someone tries to kill me on day 1, at least I'll be protected by my special ability. It's not like more than one person would be inexplicably drawn to jump on me randomly."

Yeah.

Quoth on
    edited February 2008
    Two of the masoned bad guys attacking Quoth in the same night also confused me somewhat.

On night one Quoth had Bodhi, Sarevok and Charname jumping on her, which was just a bit mean.

Burnage on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I thought you were going to be one of "THE FIVE" to tell you the truth.

Egos on