As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So how's UO these days?

SeeksSeeks Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
I stopped playing a while ago.. little bit after UO:R came out.

Anyway, I'm wondering how things are these days. Can people still go gray? Can you kill them if they do (in carebear land, I forget what it's called)?

Also, are there any updated clients I can just buy, without having to install from the original CD and download ten million gigs of bullshit?

How's the population/atmosphere/etc?

userbar.jpg
desura_Userbar.png
Seeks on

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Last I checked, you can simply download the latest client from UO.com's main site, since it'd be part of a trial.

And as for the official servers, I don't know much about the nitty-gritty, aside from that there's been a lot of shoehorned-in loot grinding elements and outlandish housing options introduced in recent years.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    SeeksSeeks Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Huh. Sounds kinda shitty...

Ah well, thanks.

Seeks on
    userbar.jpg
    desura_Userbar.png
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I did tree out a private UO shard once which was supposed to be pretty close to live EA, but it was... bleh. Neon llamas running around, floating houses, all kinds of wacky bullshit. Wasn't for me.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    johnnyonoesjohnnyonoes Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The official servers are pretty lame. I hear some of the un-official servers are pretty good, but they can be hit or miss.

After trying to get into UO, I eventually gave up and got myself into WURM, you may like it if you were into the building and crafting system of UO. But if you are more into the pvp aspect I'm not sure what to suggest.

johnnyonoes on