As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Questions, Discussion, Tutorials

1434445464749»

• Options
    hiraethhiraeth SpaceRegistered User regular
    IMO stick with what you intend to use.

Flipped Normals have a new full Blender tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApA3f2WAR9U

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Does anyone here have recommendations for gallery quality online printers?

I need and will continue to need to get 16x20 and 18x24 runs done. I've used printful in the past and loved their quality but for some dumb reason they now only ship in rolled sets of 5 which is frustrating.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    I've had good success with WHCC before but I'm curious if there are other good sites as well. I printed some around the size you're looking for and they look great, pre-mounted, and shipped very safely.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    So that runs into the same problem I've been seeing everywhere. This is a limited run print for a gallery so $30 a pop is not really viable financially.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Have you checked out Vistaprint? I've used them for some items and they're a generally good and easy service to work with.

• Options
    TimSteveTimSteve Registered User regular
    @Grifter Yeah, I've actually used Vistaprint before and found it to be a great and easy service to work with. They offer a wide range of customizable products, and their user-friendly interface made the ordering process a breeze. I had a positive experience overall!

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Hi Art Folks!

Can someone help me understand these paper stump blending things?

3-6pcs-Blending-Stumps-and-Tortillions-Paper-Art-Blenders-with-Sandpaper-Pencil-for-Student-Artist-Charcoal.jpg

Specifically how to 'refresh' the end of it when it gets covered in charcoal and other gook? Do I peel it back by layers or something?

I'm going through an online art course which uses them, but they kinda just left it at "use them to blend"

• Options
    EsiotrotEsiotrot Registered User regular
    mine are fully fucking disgusting, I use them to blend but I never clean them, they are basically like a little black pencil at this point and I can get really nice midtones from them without having to push the existing graphite or charcoal around. I don't use charcoal very often and graphite is a bit more sturdy so it's probably super different for you but just embrace the gross, I usually have a piece of plain paper nearby that I can get rid of any excess I don't want until it's hitting the midtones I want to blend out.

• Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    I never could get those stumps to blend in a satisfying way. What ended up working for me was taking some small brushes and cutting the bristles super short. Cleanup is simple, since the brushes can be rinsed. Only real downside is having to let them dry.