As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Steam Next Fest! Trouble Juice and Immortal Tales of Rebirth out today!

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaMiPb6KiWo
    Final Fantasy IX: Memoria Project is a passion project led by a team of over 50 professional developers and artists in the video game industry that aims to reimagine what the legendary game could look like if it was remade with modern graphical capabilities.

Final Fantasy IX is near and dear to our hearts, and this non-profit love letter was created as a tribute to the masterpiece that is the 2000 original.

We'd like to thank everyone who supported us over the years and motivated us to keep pushing through this massively ambitious project despite all the challenges. We hope you enjoy our reimagining of this classic game!

(FFIX: MP is a proof of concept and is not meant to be viewed as a playable product. We will never do anything to infringe upon Square Enix's copyright.)

Memoria Project

This looks extremely cool but it looks like a project that is gonna take 10+ years to finish

• Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    I'm playing quantum break and I really, really like the gameplay. Shame about how little there is of it.

Seems like they really just wanted to make a TV miniseries with an online ARG for extra world building and lore.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Payday 2 is free on Epic Games Store. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition + Guacamelee! 2 are the free titles for next week bit.ly/3qQwIr3

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Wait Payday 2 didn't go F2P years ago?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

This sentence feels funny to me for all kinds of reasons.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023

You guys ever think about how good a game Pentiment is?

(author of the thread is an old friend of mine who got their doctorate specifically in medieval art and does a lot of poking at the intersections with videogames, i.e. the person that Pentiment was essentially made for

also that attached hashtag is a bunch of medievalists talking about intersections with games, so uhh, if you're into that sort of thing there are some fun threads in there)

Straightzi on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The Hypnospace Outlaw sequel, Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath: Vengance of the Slayer, is on GamePass, so I checked that out for an hour last night.

Surprisingly solid Build-engine-esque FPS, some fun secret areas scattered around, nice weapon variety. But I don't think there's quite enough meat on the bone of the central joke. It doesn't do enough (for my tastes) to expand on the premise or use it as a Step One in something bigger, it's just kinda... That joke.

But hey, GamePass! No harm, no foul, it was a fun enough hour.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

As someone who doesn't own a PC with computing power surpassing a potato or an Xbox, I'd certainly like to!

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    milski wrote: »

No, its just insanely cheap in every sale.

Payday 3 had a release date leaked the other day by the Microsoft Store (September 21st) so I'm assuming that we'll be seeing it at Keigh3 today.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaMiPb6KiWo
    Final Fantasy IX: Memoria Project is a passion project led by a team of over 50 professional developers and artists in the video game industry that aims to reimagine what the legendary game could look like if it was remade with modern graphical capabilities.

Final Fantasy IX is near and dear to our hearts, and this non-profit love letter was created as a tribute to the masterpiece that is the 2000 original.

We'd like to thank everyone who supported us over the years and motivated us to keep pushing through this massively ambitious project despite all the challenges. We hope you enjoy our reimagining of this classic game!

(FFIX: MP is a proof of concept and is not meant to be viewed as a playable product. We will never do anything to infringe upon Square Enix's copyright.)

Memoria Project

This looks extremely cool but it looks like a project that is gonna take 10+ years to finish
    It's also not meant to ever be released to the public as a playable thing, so you know. Cool Looking Thing I Guess.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

(author of the thread is an old friend of mine who got their doctorate specifically in medieval art and does a lot of poking at the intersections with videogames, i.e. the person that Pentiment was essentially made for

also that attached hashtag is a bunch of medievalists talking about intersections with games, so uhh, if you're into that sort of thing there are some fun threads in there)

I was reading the thread, very much enjoying it, and then I got to the end and had my 1fs8uggdx05j.png moment

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

As someone who doesn't own a PC with computing power surpassing a potato or an Xbox, I'd certainly like to!

Good news, the recommended GPU is from 2012

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Can you not run Pentiment? It absolutely seems like it would run on a potato.

• Options

GameStop kicked off its fiscal results by announced that it has fired president and CEO Matthew Furlong "without cause."

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    is that good

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    is that good

the world may never know

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    is that good

Ryan Cohen, the billionaire investor whose bet on GameStop made him popular with meme stock traders, took over as executive chairman after the video game retailer ousted its CEO and reported a wider-than-expected quarterly loss. More here: reut.rs/45QWnT4

Reddit's so-called "god figure of the meme-stock community" Ryan Cohen is stepping up as executive chairman.

it is probably going to get worse

Brolo on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    is that good

it's certainly funny

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    is that good
    Cohen was named in a federal lawsuit on August 24, 2022 for an alleged fraudulent scheme to artificially inflate the price of Bed Bath & Beyond's publicly traded stock in a pump and dump. The suit alleges Cohen conspired with company CFO Gustavo Arnal to release "fraudulent and misleading SEC filings". It claims damages of $1.2 billion in a class action suit.[33][34]

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    "is that good" is often a facetious sort of sentence you drop when something is obviously good or obviously bad, and a company like gamestop firing the CEO on a whim is almost certainly not great

• Options
    What's weird is gamestop opened a store in my town recently and its seen decent business. I wonder if it'll close now.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    This August they announced that Hitman 3 (or Hitman: World of Assassination with it's new name I guess) will be getting The Sarajevo Six campaign as a $5 DLC.

The Sarajevo Six were originally missions that were exclusive to the Playstation version of Hitman 1, and was one of the few pieces of content that was never (legitimately) available in any version of Hitman 2 or 3. They're basically just permanent Elusive Targets set on the six maps from the first game, but have a story that runs through all six.

Still, nice that they'll finally be available outside of the Playstation version of the first game.

• Options
    If you play Warframe and have linked your Twitch account to your Warframe account, then watching at least 30 minutes of the Game Awards on Twitch (starts in 7 minutes) we'll give you a free Styanax Warframe which comes with a free warframe slot and installed orokin catalyst to double it's mod capacity.

Obtaining Styanax otherwise requires grinding the Kahl missions, which don't unlock until you've reached the end of almost all the current story content.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I guess Summer Game Fest is happening today? Aka "Geoff Keighley's E3".

I'm excited about the upcoming zombie game, the game with the messy ultra-violence, and the one with the microtransactions.

Maybe Silksong?

Aww who am I kidding there won't be Silksong.

I'm getting antsy too, but if the guys who made Hollow Knight are saying "this game has grown quite large", Silksong is gonna be a lot of game when it finally arrives. Like, a "Mrs Trunchbull trying to murder Bruce Bogtrotter with a cake the size of a VW Beetle" size game. An Elden-Ring-and-a-half. We'll be lucky enough to live to see the opening levels, but it's our children's children who'll defeat the final secret boss

• Options
    As someone only tertially aware of silk song is there a particular reason its taking so long in development?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    As someone only tertially aware of silk song is there a particular reason its taking so long in development?

the development team is roughly 3 people + composer + publicist and whoever else they've added to the team

they go at their own pace

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    A new prince of persia? Interesting. 2d only looks like.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    If you play Warframe and have linked your Twitch account to your Warframe account, then watching at least 30 minutes of the Game Awards on Twitch (starts in 7 minutes) we'll give you a free Styanax Warframe which comes with a free warframe slot and installed orokin catalyst to double it's mod capacity.

Obtaining Styanax otherwise requires grinding the Kahl missions, which don't unlock until you've reached the end of almost all the current story content.

shit i won't be home for two hours that sucks

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    They also decided to turn what was planned as an expansion for Hollow Knight into a full-fledged game. That game's initial development was roughly three years (pre-planning -> Kickstarter campaign -> 2 1/2 years to release) but Team Cherry kept working on the game post-launch. Now they're making a follow-up to what became a fairly massive game and people are going to have expectations for what sort of content is included at launch. I don't envy them.

I should probably finish Hollow Knight at some point. I enjoyed it, but the game is kind of long and I get distracted by shiny objects (new games that I probably also won't finish).

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    OH god they have that OG sonya outfit. So hideous.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

If you have the twitch app on your phone and have already linked it, you could just use that. I've just left twitch running (muted) on my phone before to claim free Warframe stuff from streams.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2023

Appropriate, considering the series’ origins.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

If you have the twitch app on your phone and have already linked it, you could just use that. I've just left twitch running (muted) on my phone before to claim free Warframe stuff from streams.

i do not

• Options
    Elki wrote: »

Appropriate, considering the series’ origins.

Completely. They did one like that as a reboot a while back right?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZGyAcdIpr0

Steam Next Fest starts on June 19th, lots of demos
    A couple of note that I saw were Steamworld Build, Ghost Trick, Rise of the Triad: Ludicrous Edition, Knuckle Sandwich, and Goodbye Volcano High

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    still playing gunfire reborn. i'm enjoying it more and more as i get used to the guns and characters. i still have only beaten the game on the haha op broken for low levels dlc character but the game just feels really fun to play moment to moment and the combos feel kinda illegal when you get them running.

def worth the money if you like run based games, especially at the sale price on steam.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Man, that Sand Land game looks so good

I love Akira Toriyama's art, and Sand Land is a better opportunity to get lots of his more fun stuff like big monsters, robots, tanks, dinosaurs, etc than anything Dragon Ball

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Someone at Atlus is about to get megafired, they accidentally uploaded the trailers for 2 new Persona games early
    These have been rumored for a while, likely to be announced at the Xbox show next week, both on Game Pass day one

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Fuck fuck fuck more time with my favorite dumb kids! I'm so happy!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
This discussion has been closed.