As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Perfect World] A very pretty free MMO you should check out if you're into free stuff

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    How often do I come back for skills?
    Every level. Check your skill tree for details.

Aldo on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So first impressions from me are pretty good. Grinding seemed a little slow, but then the quest hand ins give a crazy amount of XP, got to lvl 12 nice and fast.

The skill point allocation is a nice change from automatic increases in other mmo's and the crafting system seems like it could be good, although ive not really explored it much yet.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Is there any way to get this working on a widescreen display so it displays properly and everyone doesn't look like they have a glandular disorder?

-SPI- on
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I still can't connect this morning.

It drops out 20 places out on the traceroute.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    edited February 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Is there any way to get this working on a widescreen display so it displays properly and everyone doesn't look like they have a glandular disorder?
    It's supposed to work with wide screens, but I've heard before that it is buggy.

Aldo on
    edited February 2008
    It doesn't appear to have an option for resolutions at the right aspect ratio (such as 1400*900) so everything gets stretched horizontally. The 16:9 option just puts black bars across the top and bottom and leaves the screwed up aspect ratio the same.

edit- Bleh, I tried editing one of the configuration ini's and still no dice fixing the aspect ratio.

-SPI- on
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    So the Werefox girls. Are they uh... What are they? Pet-raising spellcasters or something? Hunters if they were casters?

Even as I play a foxgirl, I've been trying to quantify them in terms of WoW... I think the best description of them is a combination of druids and hunters; that is to say they can transform and fight like a druid and have a few cool spells to use in 'human' form, but they also tame pets and have to feed them. The pets level up with them and different pets can be tamed for their respective abilities.

This also means that foxgirls are as overpowered as hunters and druids combined.

Seriously.
    It doesn't appear to have an option for resolutions at the right aspect ratio (such as 1400*900) so everything gets stretched horizontally. The 16:9 option just puts black bars across the top and bottom and leaves the screwed up aspect ratio the same.

edit- Bleh, I tried editing one of the configuration ini's and still no dice fixing the aspect ratio.

I'm not in front of my PC right now (stuck at work), but I didn't have any trouble getting the game to run on my widescreen. I'll check the resolution I set when I get home, but it's not stretched on mine and doesn't have black bars.

Toxic Pickle on
  • sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    For those having trouble connecting, I had some luck with the info contained in this post. I did have some bad lag at points, but I was so happy to just be in there slaying cactuses that I overlooked it for the moment. Maybe someone can find a snappy proxy server that does the trick for them, though.

As for aspect ratios, I just use windowed mode and drag it out to fill my screen. I'm running at 1440x900 resolution and haven't noticed problems with this method.

sidhaethe on
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Don't know what's happened to my EA at level 17-18 but I seem to spend half my time alt tabbed as I regen mana/health O_o

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
    edited February 2008
    Adda wrote: »
    Don't know what's happened to my EA at level 17-18 but I seem to spend half my time alt tabbed as I regen mana/health O_o
    I had the same on my WR. Mobs become a lot stronger and have a lot more tricks to fuck you over with around that level. Make sure you're using your skills in an economic way and try to stay away from ranged mobs? :P

Aldo on
    edited February 2008

I started to get this feeling as my Elven Priest... which is why I ended up shelving her (for the time being) and trying out a warrior. Then of course I went back to my first character, a foxgirl, and haven't looked back (yet).

My suggestion is buy/create potions to help speed things along, but I'm not sure how much that'd end up costing. I personally found myself missing food/water, but then again I remember when playing WoW how much I hated to stop and eat/drink, and I realize that I'll just never be satisfied.

Thus why I end up playing low/no downtime characters like hunters, warlocks, and foxgirls. :D

Toxic Pickle on
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yeah maybe I'm used to no downtime characters like my SWG doctor/swordsman or my druid in warcraft.

Looks like level 19 opens up some nice skills which should help for me. Thing with the Archer is that I'm not going to waste any points in intellect!

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

I started to get this feeling as my Elven Priest... which is why I ended up shelving her (for the time being) and trying out a warrior. Then of course I went back to my first character, a foxgirl, and haven't looked back (yet).

My suggestion is buy/create potions to help speed things along, but I'm not sure how much that'd end up costing. I personally found myself missing food/water, but then again I remember when playing WoW how much I hated to stop and eat/drink, and I realize that I'll just never be satisfied.

Thus why I end up playing low/no downtime characters like hunters, warlocks, and foxgirls. :D

I had a hump of that around level 14 for my Priest, but the next attack skill at level 15 seems to have fixed it momentarily, I am burning mana a lot faster now, but it's not terribly oppressive yet.

Kane Red Robe on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I have seen that with both my Werebeast and Priest.

So I find myself going through a lot of mana/health pots and wishing I could use bandages. I am sure upgrading weapons/armor will go a long way towards changing that, but I am still a couple levels short of upgrading either.

Seg on
    edited February 2008
    There seem to be a few pitfalls indeed. I think they would appreciate the feedback on this, the game isn't out of beta, remember? :)

Aldo on
  • sleepdeamonsleepdeamon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've been burning through potions since 15, my spells now cost around the 50-90 range, but i do kill mobs in 3 casts or less :O

after the 14 hump i lvl'd up to 18 in about an hour, it's just there are a few dry lvl's with not a whole lot of quests to do that are slow.

sleepdeamon on
    10552_2e7269f1a1ee28e0.png
    edited February 2008
    Do we know what the level cap is for this game? Is there a level cap?

Seg on
  • sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Level cap is 105 I believe.

sidhaethe on
    edited February 2008
    sidhaethe wrote: »
    Level cap is 105 I believe.
    I have seen higher level mobs, so I think it's higher.

Aldo on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2008
    So I'll be trying this with a friend tomorrow. The caster classes caught my eye with all that flashy stuff, and will probably be a nice diversion since I'm a ret pally with a big sword in WoW.

The mage type sounds nice, but the priest gets to flyyy. Decisions, decisions.

Echo on
    edited February 2008
    Your first attack as a mage you throw a fiery card at the mobs, while the Priest uses a Bow made out of magical energy.

Seg on
  • citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I want to like this game, but the connection issue just isn't working out for me. I consistently have pings over 300, and I experience delays that vary from one to five seconds (or more) for just about anything I do in game. :(

citizen059 on
    edited February 2008
    citizen059 wrote: »
    I want to like this game, but the connection issue just isn't working out for me. I consistently have pings over 300, and I experience delays that vary from one to five seconds (or more) for just about anything I do in game. :(

Unless you mean moving and that sorta thing, it may not necessarily be lag. All the abilities in a fight have a certain amount of delay between when you hit the hotkey and when they actually happen. It's kindof annoying indeed, and something I definately would like to see fixed, but it can be allieved somewhat with combo macros.

Go into your skills window (the little yin-yang symbol at the bottom right) and notice at the bottom you can create combos. Click 'create' and drag the abilities you like to use most, and arrange them. That way, with one button press your guy will go through your normal cast/attack cycle and the delay won't kill your fingers/keyboard so much.

Toxic Pickle on
    edited February 2008
    I get disconnected randomly, I attribute that to the fact that the servers are likely on the other side of an ocean from me.

edit:If you decide to delete a character, the game gives you a week to undo that. I discovered that tonight after reaching level 3 with a mage and when spending my attributes I dropped 8 points in agi instead of intellect. I felt like an idiot.

Seg on
    edited February 2008
    Meh, I can't even start the game. The launcher tries to update, but eventually it goes "update terminated".

Echo on
    edited February 2008
    Bah, you can't make obese characters! I was all set to make some hideous sloppy cosplay style Were-fox.

-SPI- on
    edited February 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Meh, I can't even start the game. The launcher tries to update, but eventually it goes "update terminated".
    Firewall/rooter problems, maybe?

Aldo on
    edited February 2008
    Seems to be ISP hiccups. A bunch of other sites that I can't reach as well.

Echo on
    edited February 2008
    Yeah seeing as the game servers are in Malaysia somewhere, I think a lot of people just can't even get to them... takes a lot of hops to get all the way over there and some ISPs probably can't do it.

Toxic Pickle on
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
  • METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    so what's up with this new continent, Asria? You need a pass to get there?

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Kiljoy77Kiljoy77 Registered User new member
    edited February 2008
    Think I'll give this a download and see how it goes...

Kiljoy77 on
  • NidaNida Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Bah, you can't make obese characters! I was all set to make some hideous sloppy cosplay style Were-fox.
    You can kind of pull it off with male characters.
    Too bad there's no cross-dressing. What's a good game without ManFaye?

What new continent, METAzraeL? O_o

Nida on
    edited February 2008
    oops, that's for something else. I didn't recognize it and assumed it was PW.

METAzraeL on

• NidaNida Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    No worries. I thought I just missed it or something XD

Nida on
    edited February 2008
    yeah, the description was "a snowy winter wonderland with non-aggressive enemies." I love snowy game environments, so I was stoked :P

METAzraeL on

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm having the same connection problems. I did some of the steps listed, but when I ping and the like, the screen would close automatically so I couldn't read what it said. I also updated my firewall settings and it's still terminating. I'd really like to play the game, but the connection issues are killing me.

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

edited February 2008
    Well I ended up screwing around with the character creator about 10 times longer than actually playing the game, which was probably a good thing considering how quickly I uninstalled it after I started playing. What an unplayable pile of garbage.

-SPI- on
    edited February 2008
    My curiousity has gotten the better of me.

What is it about this particular game that you find unplayable?

Seg on
    edited February 2008
    The controls were extremely unresponsive and the lag compounded the problem. I felt like I was playing the game remotely by telling a guy in china what my character should do and he didn't understand english very well. It's not the worst shitty free asian MMO I've played, but it's pretty close.

-SPI- on