As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Party Thread

• Options
    Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    ThePimpImp wrote: »
    If only BYOC people could stay in byoc and get drunk, computers plus networking plus booze definately is not dangerous...............

OK maybe the above statement might not be completely true, but the truth is it would be hilarious and fun.

Unfortunately the whole, be out of the building and the under 21 thing is going to make it impossible, among other concerns.

Yeah, I'm not too keen on some dude's regurgitated Bawls and Jager ending up on my new computer.... If it were my own, I would understand.

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Then we'll make our own BYOC! With Blackjack! And Hookers!

Hookers and blow.

:P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    It begins

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    SergeantAuberieSergeantAuberie Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh my.

SergeantAuberie on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Sorry, I couldn't resist a Bender reference when the opportunity arose. =)

So, Sealab... what if Sealab was a "distributed party"... it could be the Bittorrent of parties. Everyone who can hosts a "mini" party in their room, no more than... say... 10 allowed in each room or something. Then we could map out all of the mini parties, and people could just cruise from one to another, without any individual one being so large that it attracts attention.

Hmm... just a quick idea, flawed but maybe it could help with the brainstorming process. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    collinccollinc Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So, Sealab... what if Sealab was a "distributed party"... it could be the Bittorrent of parties. Everyone who can hosts a "mini" party in their room, no more than... say... 10 allowed in each room or something. Then we could map out all of the mini parties, and people could just cruise from one to another, without any individual one being so large that it attracts attention.

Hmm... just a quick idea, flawed but maybe it could help with the brainstorming process. =)

Although it's by no means my call, I personally don't like this idea. I've never been but from what I've heard of Sealab it should not be changed. They should just be careful of who they tell and make it exclusive. Even if that means I don't get to go.

collinc on
    Free cake. Inquire within.
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    collinc wrote: »
    Even if that means I don't get to go.

Looking at your name, it seems you work for Coll Inc. No one in the right mind would want to party with an employee of Coll Inc. :v:

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/product-compint-0001267852-page.html

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Man, fuck all you ungrateful assholes. I'm tired of your shit. Sealab is canceled. You aren't worth the trouble.

Jesus, fuck you too moe :P

BigRed on
  • Options
    randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Man, fuck all you ungrateful assholes. I'm tired of your shit. Sealab is canceled. You aren't worth the trouble.

I second that we should cancel Sealab, and resurrect Zombie Sealab. Any humans that show up are shot on site forfeiting their brains for the harvest.

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, for people who can't tell yet, that's not me, I lost a coin toss and got switched with Thanatos

Also, I thought I deleted that post

...deleting now

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited January 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Yeah, for people who can't tell yet, that's not me, I lost a coin toss and got switched with Thanatos

Also, I thought I deleted that post

...deleting now

Bullshit.

IMPOSTER!

BigRed on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Mmmm brains...

I mean... umm that Sealab party sounds great!

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Dude, what the fuck, Thanatos. Get the fuck out of my forum. Stop fucking with my shit.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Dude, didn't Tube tell you that you have to change your avatar back, because I remember him telling you that.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Dude, didn't Tube tell you that you have to change your avatar back, because I remember him telling you that.
    Oh shit it's Patrick Warburton!

Also, I live!

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    HotSake wrote: »

Also, I live!

Hehe, wassup Sake?

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    BomanTheBearBomanTheBear Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So what is a manageable size for Sealab? And what did it end up being last time?

BomanTheBear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Managable size depends on arrangable space. I think it should be in the area of one person per square yard. Last year it was like one person per square foot. Seriously, shoulder to shoulder.

I don't think a count was done, but I'd estimate we somehow managed to cram upwards of 40 people into a tiny hotel room. It was cah-razy.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

Yeah

That's right.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    BomanTheBearBomanTheBear Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hm. I have an idea (I know, it's unbelievable, haha). Anyway, I remember at Notre Dame, they have a tradition called the world tour where five or six dorm rooms on the same floor buy themed alcohol (russia-vodka, mexico-corona and margaritas, france-boxed wine, germany-lagers, america-shitty beer, ireland-baileys and guinness). Each room takes a certain type and hosts there. People cycle in and out of where they want to go. Hosts ask for donations and kick people out accordingly. I know there are all sorts of holes in the idea, but it worked well every time we did it and it's alot of fun. Also solves the space issue. What you guys think?

BomanTheBear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    See, the thing is that all the ideas are great, but how will you know if someone really cool and new doesn't get invited, thus bringing down the overall enjoyment of the group by at least a factor of .5 or more. The idea would hopefully include some way to mix the hardcore with others who may be likeminded, etc, but not as well known to them.

Thus, wouldn't something more broad-based be considered. I mean who wants a room full of stormys shooting dodgeballs at everyone? I want the whole crew, plus the bizarro crew, and maybe even Shanks. Not dolphin boy, that fatso has to stay outside.

Spicy_Rev on
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    In my currently unsurpassable defense, I'm an idiot, and those rooms were tiny.

I wouldn't knowingly ravage a party like this, unless it was accidentally and it so was.

This year's bound to rock though.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    SergeantAuberieSergeantAuberie Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I would hate to miss out on Sealab wonderland, as I avoided it in the previous year because I was not of age. I'm likeminded, but not hardcore.. and if anyone needs help organizing or anything, I'd love to help.

Now.. to find out when classes start so I'll know if I can go for ALL THREE DAYS! Muwahaha.

SergeantAuberie on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Dee Kae wrote: »

I wouldn't knowingly ravage a party like this, unless it was accidentally and it so was.

::hugs:: It's okay Lubu. We still love you <3

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Maybe you do :P

He killed the epic WCB :(

BigRed on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I wanted to try WCB too.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hey, I wanted to try that too.

And thanks BA. Still, my twas my bad.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    BigRed wrote: »

Maybe you do :P

He killed the epic WCB :(

I really wanted to try that too. Still, I'm not one to hold grudges from six months back...generally.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    sorry, late to the conversation, but to the guy wondering what sealab is, here's your answer:
    http://s40.photobucket.com:80/player.swf?refURL=http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e226/Cyndercyn/PAX2007/%3faction=view&current=Picture060.flv/&file=http://vid40.photobucket.com/albums/e226/Cyndercyn/PAX2007/Picture060.flv&fs=1&os=1&ap=1
    really looking forward to probably not, but hopefully, getting in this year.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    BA, I love your title.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    Methos645Methos645 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    sorry, late to the conversation, but to the guy wondering what sealab is, here's your answer:
    http://s40.photobucket.com:80/player.swf?refURL=http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e226/Cyndercyn/PAX2007/%3faction=view&current=Picture060.flv/&file=http://vid40.photobucket.com/albums/e226/Cyndercyn/PAX2007/Picture060.flv&fs=1&os=1&ap=1

....Uh. I hate to burst your bubble...but that was at the robot chicken final farewell party...which isn't nearly as big or epic as Sealab. But a nice way to end the weekend festivities.

Methos645 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Methos645 wrote: »

....Uh. I hate to burst your bubble...but that was at the robot chicken final farewell party...which isn't nearly as big or epic as Sealab. But a nice way to end the weekend festivities.

i thought any party moe was at was considered sealab. like every plane the president is on is called air force one.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    hey, just remembered this. not sure if you guys can recall, but about a year ago, shot glass chess was suggested on this board. well, i got it last year, but totally forgot about it come pax time. well, i still got it, if anyone is up for a challenge at sealab?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I do not know why the sealab party seems to be such a huge deal. It's just a party. If they wanna do it, that's cool, and if they don't, well really it's their decision. It just seems to me that people want to go to a party but aren't willing to deal with the stress and planning and the huge huge mess when it all goes wrong.

Anyways, IF you guys are trying it again. Why not just make printed invites? No invite, no entry.

Kinda like charlie and the chocolate factory... o.O

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    shot glass chess was suggested on this board.

Yeah that was me, but I forgot to pack it with my bottles.

Highfire on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    BA, I love your title.

Your so Punny HotSake <3

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    Methos645Methos645 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Methos645 wrote: »

i thought any party moe was at was considered sealab. like every plane the president is on is called air force one.

It is TRUE that the fun factor of a party increases by an additional 500% when Moe attends. I have the calculations, graphs, surveys and a power point presentation to prove it. However, I don't think that changes what our party represents. Calling any party Moe is at a "Sealab Party" would just result in there being a lot more Sealabs than there really are. It's like Highlander, "There can be only one".

Methos645 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AmasonKAmasonK Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Artificially create a "party floor" or something like that.

Not a bad idea. The only logistical problem is ensuring we have enough PAX minions on the same floor that wouldn't mind a huge party happening. The way I see it, we'd have to figure out a way to get three floors of any given hotel to be solid PAX...goers. This way we'll have a floor buffer both above and below for noise and such.

The only way I could imagine this being done is someone calling and specifically requesting the people who are all reserving rooms for PAX be grouped together on each floor. Any further ideas on this?

AmasonK on
    "Women are like Voltron, the more you hook up...the better it gets." -- Tucker RvB
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    That idea has been floated, except hotels assign rooms based on what is currently available upon check-in. I'd imagine trying to get a block of rooms for a set of reservations would involves lots of bribery that hopefully only involves money.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Plus most of the people who got corner suites, which I would assume to be prime party room territory, will be on separate floors, owing to the grim reality that there are a limited number of corners per floor.

SlickShughes on
This discussion has been closed.