As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Runaways Thread

13»

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    that is a terrible opinion to have

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It is an amazing opinion to have.

You see, Victor sucks, so I don't like him. Very well thought-out and everything.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    But that is wrong.

Because Victor does not suck.

at all.

He is the best hispanic robot with magnetic powers ever.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Name me three awesome things Victor has done, and I will change my opinion.

Here, I'll even help you out.

1. "Tonight I will be playing the role of @$$-k1ck3r"
    2. "Two words, bub. AAIIEEE!"
    3. ?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Though Kid Twist is certainly an interesting character. I wouldn't mind a four-issue mini about him.

You mean Bullseye?

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    DVG wrote: »
    I have a feeling many of them might be coming back to the main timeline with the rest, bolstering the team roster a bit. I know Vic asked the redhead specifically to do this, but I could see most of them coming along.

I know its been a decade this the first issue of Whedons arc came out, but who exactly do you think the old lady in the chair ordering Tristan about was?

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Though Kid Twist is certainly an interesting character. I wouldn't mind a four-issue mini about him.

You mean Bullseye?

Bullseye doesn't have anything on Kid Twist. Kid Twist could be on the other side of town, look at a picture of Bullseye, and fire a shot off - and it'd go right between Bulls eyes.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It's really very nice to see that none of them give a damn about screwing up the future, but then again Marvel's never been exactly clear on what type of causality and time travel they use.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    It's really very nice to see that none of them give a damn about screwing up the future, but then again Marvel's never been exactly clear on what type of causality and time travel they use.

They use the fun kind, that doesn't get in the way of a good story.

You know, like Back To The Future.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Actually, they have been pretty clear, at least in the past few years. If you change the past, all you do is create an alternate universe, your own timeline stays the same.

But in any case they don't seem to be doing much that'd change things.

Scooter on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Scooter wrote: »

Actually, they have been pretty clear, at least in the past few years. If you change the past, all you do is create an alternate universe, your own timeline stays the same.

But in any case they don't seem to be doing much that'd change things.

It appears they're starting to replicate the DC current universe:

There are a certain number of parallel universes in the multiverse, but the timelines for each particular universe is not a single stream, but rather a river with tributaries which flow out of the main timeline and then sometimes return to the main timeline.

Thus, possible futures are still a part of the same single universe within the multiverse.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Well, they have, at the least, tens of thousands of different time lines, so it's not quite as fixed as DC's 52 (and shrinking) number of universes.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Marvel and their alternate universes aren't really much beyond plot devices, with the exception of MC2, Ultimate, and the Zombieverse.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    Well, they have, at the least, tens of thousands of different time lines, so it's not quite as fixed as DC's 52 (and shrinking) number of universes.

I mention it only because it's new.

As noted in Fantastic Four recently (when future-four and future-doom came back to the present), it has always been presumed in Marvel that time-travel always created parallel universes in order to avoid paradoxes. It's only that new FF story, plus the Messiah Complex time-travel courtesy of Forge, that has changed the status quo.

From an editorial perspective, this means we might start seeing outright grandfather paradoxes, since it's almost certain that Marvel hasn't decided as a whole upon a theory of time travel.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »

3. "Looks like this thing has two settings...stun and kill. Guess which one this is?"

Fixed that for you.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »

3. "Looks like this thing has two settings...stun and kill. Guess which one this is?"

Fixed that for you.
    That wasn't very awesome at all, though. (Hell, the "Two words, bub" one isn't very awesome, either, but I figured I'd get yelled at for not mentioning it)

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Who was the barefooted tomboy with Creeper who
    got gunned down
    ?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Somebody who was mentioned in passing when the Street Arabs first were shown, then was in the latest issue a little, then spotlighted in the spoiler.

We don't really know anything about most of these characters, which is a shame considering Whedon probably has full backstories for all the Wonders on all sides.

DarkPrimus on