As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Yet Unnamed PAX Pub Crawl

• Options
    GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Don't blame gert, he's austrailian :)

How far into space does the space needle go?

Do i need magna(tm) boots?

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    GertBeef wrote: »
    How far into space does the space needle go?

Do i need magna(tm) boots?
    to the moooooon

Monoxide on
  • Options
    daysiedaysie Registered User new member
    edited February 2008
    love the idea. a suggestion? don't go to whatever bar is in the basement of the red lion. I think it's the elephant and castle. We went twice last year, just to see if the first time was an off experience... it was TERRIBLE. the servers were overwhelmed by our table of 10, i can't imagine the terror if a pubcrawl were to walk in.

the blarney stone on the other hand was amazing.

daysie on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    I went there Saturday before the concerts and had a great time. Then again, it was me and two friends at the bar, so it wasn't a large group...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    will_cut_grass_for_rupeeswill_cut_grass_for_rupees Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yes! This is going to be amazing!

Here are some other places that are nearby that have incredible happy-hours:
    The Triple Door Musiquarium
    The Frontier Room (in Belltown)

There are a bunch more, but these are the only two I can think of at the moment..

will_cut_grass_for_rupees on
  • Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yarr

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    DStalefish wrote: »
    Maybe you should split the crawl into teams to lessen the load on the bars?

Like...meet up at a central location, and then break into teams. That way, once the initial crawl sets off, if people show up late they can meet at the meeting spot and form a new group.

You can call them Dreams.

That's the plan.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Then tell people to stop talking about overcrowding at the bars. Punks.

Suppose it would be a good idea for me to read the entirety of the OP though. Har. Me dumb.

What about the Dreams though? :P

They are drunk, and they are teams, and when anybody says drunk team while they're drunk they'll probably slur them together anyway. Crawl teams probably wouldn't sound.....well, yeah we couldn't do that.

DStalefish on
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I look forward to putting on my robe and wizard hat and drinking with the rest of the Gryffindors.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Then tell people to stop talking about overcrowding at the bars. Punks.

Suppose it would be a good idea for me to read the entirety of the OP though. Har. Me dumb.

What about the Dreams though? :P

They are drunk, and they are teams, and when anybody says drunk team while they're drunk they'll probably slur them together anyway. Crawl teams probably wouldn't sound.....well, yeah we couldn't do that.

The bars will be overcrowded anyway. It's a thursday before a holiday weekend, it's a busy area, and PAX and Bumbershoot fall on the same weekend. There will be plenty of people around the bars, we'll just have to break things up accordingly.

You can call the teams whatever you want, but if your dream leaves you behind, you'll know why.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Monoxide wrote: »
    The bars will be overcrowded anyway. It's a thursday before a holiday weekend, it's a busy area, and PAX and Bumbershoot fall on the same weekend. There will be plenty of people around the bars, we'll just have to break things up accordingly.

You can call the teams whatever you want, but if your dream leaves you behind, you'll know why.

What's the normal last call hour in Seattle?

DStalefish on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Monoxide wrote: »

What's the normal last call hour in Seattle?
    I believe 2am.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yep, 2:00AM. More like 1:30-1:45 once bar time is factored.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2008
    Really? Over here it's more like 2:15 - 2:30 depending on the bar even though last call is technically at 2.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Our bartenders want to get home/hammered earlier.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    i'm down.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Makershot wrote: »

More like the LCB is a pain in the ass.

They've recently been conducting sting operations on bars to catch people letting in underage drinkers.

Also, the liqour laws here are immensly stupid.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sellouts to American Patriots. God damn West Coast bar laws won't hold me down. We will crawl harder than they ever seen things crawl before. Harder than slugs, harder than snails, so hard you would think we were turtles.

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Tonkka wrote: »

They've recently been conducting sting operations on bars to catch people letting in underage drinkers.

I remember those stings, and Mayor McDumbass's personal crusade against nightlife. Fortunately, they've been mostly held in the Pioneer Square area, which I would strongly suggest any and all PAX-ers to avoid. Unless overcrowded danceclub meatmarkets are your kind of thing.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

I remember those stings, and Mayor McDumbass's personal crusade against nightlife. Fortunately, they've been mostly held in the Pioneer Square area, which I would strongly suggest any and all PAX-ers to avoid. Unless overcrowded danceclub meatmarkets are your kind of thing.

You see this? This is my new fuckin' haircut.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    randomguy wrote: »
    Sellouts to American Patriots. God damn West Coast bar laws won't hold me down. We will crawl harder than they ever seen things crawl before. Harder than slugs, harder than snails, so hard you would think we were turtles.

At least it isn't Utah.

DStalefish on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

The bar I work at got hit, as well as a few in Ballard, the University district, Capitol Hill, and a couple on Eastlake.

They really aren't trying to hit "problem" areas, they're after everyone.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    CURSES. I turn 21 just a month and a half after PAX.

And I don't think the bouncers will humor me when I show them my ID and tell them that I'm still on Canadian time.

you southerners need to lower the bar a little.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    CaelestoCaelesto Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    In the interest of garnering further support and participation for the PAX Pub Crawl, I would like to name "The Yet Unnamed PAX Pub Crawl". Well, not me personally...I wouldn't know where to begin. But if it has a name, preferably one or two words pronounceable while drunk, it will stick in the heads of PAX Goers. If no one wants a name for the pub crawl, that works too...but I think it'll be better this way. Unless we're trying to keep the numbers down?

Caelesto on
    In all likelihood, this is my fault. If the current situation is not my fault, please let me know as soon as possible so that I may rectify this oversight. Thank you.
    ~The Management
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Maybe that is the name

Or maybe it's still six months away and having a name for it at this point pretty much doesn't matter whatsoever

Monoxide on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sumi wrote: »

And I don't think the bouncers will humor me when I show them my ID and tell them that I'm still on Canadian time.

byob

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    A month and a half isn't bad. I turned 21 just 6 days after PAX last year. This year I turn 22 like 6 hours after PAX ends but no one cares about your 22ed birthday anyway. Unless you have cake...

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheBigShameTheBigShame Registered User new member
    edited February 2008
    You guys should check out Pyramid Alehouse near Qwest Field and across the street from Safeco Field, they make their own beer and have awsome food.

TheBigShame on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In a world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey, but the monkey will spank us.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    You guys should check out Pyramid Alehouse near Qwest Field and across the street from Safeco Field, they make their own beer and have awsome food.
    That's pretty far out there and as far as bars in the city there are much better

I mean the Elysian is just a half-mile up the street from the WSTCC and it also makes their own brews and has awesome food. And from there you can walk over to Linda's and fight the hipsters for a booth.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    A month and a half isn't bad. I turned 21 just 6 days after PAX last year. This year I turn 22 like 6 hours after PAX ends but no one cares about your 22ed birthday anyway. Unless you have cake...

The cake is a lie.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    TNTrooper wrote: »

The cake is a lie.

lmao :lol:

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    AmasonKAmasonK Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I don't care where it's at, just keep this updated and I'm there.

AmasonK on
    "Women are like Voltron, the more you hook up...the better it gets." -- Tucker RvB
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    are we going to have a full list of all the events pre, during, and post pax in chronological order? it would be great if someone could put that together.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    rocketgirl13rocketgirl13 Registered User new member
    edited February 2008
    hey! count me in too! and my travel companion of course

rocketgirl13 on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    Sumi wrote: »

byob

well of course.. but as for the pub crawl, i'm still out.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It's sad that we can't crawl to a bar like this.

Highfire on
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Highfire wrote: »
    How is that not already in Seattle?!

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    Highfire wrote: »
    How is that not already in Seattle?!

only in denmark, apparently. one would think there would be money in something like this.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    seraphexseraphex Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    If I can put my two cents in here...Fado FTL, Kells FTW. As a proud Son o' Erin (or at least Grandson o' Erin) I feel it my duty to point out that Fado is a sin without a pardon. It is a whore in a bride's gown. Fado is about as Irish as McDonald's is Scottish.

Kells! My vote!

Ryan

seraphex on
    If I had talent, I wouldn't need all this money.
    Twitter - @papapwnsPAX
  • Options
    will_cut_grass_for_rupeeswill_cut_grass_for_rupees Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    seraphex wrote: »
    If I can put my two cents in here...Fado FTL, Kells FTW. As a proud Son o' Erin (or at least Grandson o' Erin) I feel it my duty to point out that Fado is a sin without a pardon. It is a whore in a bride's gown. Fado is about as Irish as McDonald's is Scottish.

Kells! My vote!

Ryan

Yes! Kells is awesome! I was just there this weekend, it's a bit pricey but their food (and drinks) is great and it's right next to Pike Place!

will_cut_grass_for_rupees on
This discussion has been closed.