As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hosting my own images

CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
Imageshack is clunky and slow and I'd rather rely on myself to host images. I have a webhost, and I'd like to install a PHP application that'll give me a browse prompt, or let me give it a URL to get the image from, and then host it on my webserver. After that, it should give me a direct link to the image as well as some thumbnail code so I don't have to post the full image.

Can anyone recommend something written in PHP or similar that I can install on my server? As absurdly simple as the requirements are, I'm having trouble finding anything that suits them. I want something simple, not a goddamn image gallery function that I'll never use.

Centipeed on

• Options
    The Reverend Dr GalactusThe Reverend Dr Galactus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    If you just want to upload stuff quickly and link it, I'd recommend W2Box. No gallery, no image rating and commenting and RSS and e-mail notifications, just upload and delete.

The Reverend Dr Galactus on
    valar-moreshellus.png
    PSN:RevDrGalactus/NN:RevDrGalactus/Steam
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Are you just wanting something that you use for image hosting itself? For example when you make a post in a forum (like PA here) and want to post an image?

I highly recommend using Google Pages. Simply delete the site it creates for the default, then go into Site Settings and untick Optimize the size of uploaded images under Image Upload.

Then upload all your images etc that you want. You have a maximum of 100MB of storage and to my knowledge there are no limits on filesize nor image size.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    No, I was looking for a PHP script to install on my already existing server so that I could have a GUI through which to host images that would then provide me with thumbnails and direct links.

Although I've gotten one set up now. It doesn't do thumbnails, but I figure I can live without for the time being.

Centipeed on