As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Taylor Swift and the Biden Campaign present: [Chat]

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    the sports news here are dominated by the biathlon - as in, ski shooting - world championship and the cross country skiing championship

the pursuit start for women's biathlon was the worst showing for norwegians in olympic or world championship context, ever, the best norwegian came 30th

(the men's had a more typical result, in that it had only norwegians on the podium)

truly riveting stuff

ftOqU21.png
    GiantGeek2020BlackDragon480thatassemblyguycredeikiA Kobold's Kobold
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    hmm, can travis kelce get it??

yeah ok fine yes. he is the vanilla ice cream of men: ordinary but satisfactory to nearly everyone. he can get it

Yeah I’m a little confused by it, he seems entirely nondescript. There’s two dozen of him at every suburban gym near a college.

He’s also 6’5” with huge hands. Straight women are extremely taken with men who make them feel tiny.

No sure and Taylor’s a tall gal so I get certain aspects of it

I just don’t particularly get him specifically

Brand-savvy billionaire media moguls don’t normally date standard Midwestern beefslabs, the sports stars they go for are usually the feature talent, not the 300# linemen.

He’s actually a tight end, and many consider him to be the greatest in history.

I’m not really a fan of his look but I think this might be a case of you finding straight cis men to be boring in general. He’s insanely famous and the mass of American women seem to find him incredibly hot. This isn’t charity work.

Tight ends are lineman, they just get to occasionally pretend they’re not 😜

At least he’s not a guard 💕

But for realio, I think much of it is my generally dysfunctional discernment apparatus for cishet men. With rare exception, they do absolutely nothing for me. Kelce to me looks like the husband every suburban cishet white girl has to pick up from BWW late on Thursday nights after having too many PBRs with the other volunteer firemen.
    Genuinely asking - is this not who Taylor is? She's supremely talented of course, but those identifiers fit her

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    AbdhyiusGiantGeek2020SmrtnikOrcaA Kobold's KoboldLucedesElldren
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Rewatching Reboot (with Bulgarian girl who hasn't seen it) it's a lot less surprising how that show goes once they decided "we're just going to do whatever we want" when you look at Episode 4 of the first season and the plot is
    A mentally unstable virus builds a superweapon, freezes Mainframe in stone and there's multiple images of everyone's faces in horror as they were engulfed by it.

Which is to say 8 year old me clearly and distinctly remembers this episode, because while it gets fixed it's not even "good guys win".

RingoGiantGeek2020TuminGnome-Interruptus
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    we stayed up to watch some of the super bowl and half time show last night. No party or drinking or anything, just me and the gf eating takeaway

my housemate texted me going "can you keep it down, i have to be up at 5am" and i responded "sorry, didn't know we were being loud" and turned everything down and we started whispering

the housemate then texted me a "👍" at 5:30am which woke me up. That's shitty and petty, right? Like I'm not wrong in thinking that's just childish?

Gnome-Interruptus
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Bob was voiced by one of Goku's early voices

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Coworker guessed I was 34 yesterday.
    *siphons more essence of gelfling*

TuminGnome-InterruptusLucedesscherbchenElldren
  • KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Who do I talk to about eliminating all mosquitoes?

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    we stayed up to watch some of the super bowl and half time show last night. No party or drinking or anything, just me and the gf eating takeaway

my housemate texted me going "can you keep it down, i have to be up at 5am" and i responded "sorry, didn't know we were being loud" and turned everything down and we started whispering

the housemate then texted me a "👍" at 5:30am which woke me up. That's shitty and petty, right? Like I'm not wrong in thinking that's just childish?

Personally, i wouldn't expect a text i sent someone to wake them up.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    RingojapanRhesus PositiveKamirodurandal4532honovereGiantGeek2020tinwhiskersAbdhyiusLord_AsmodeusshrykeGilgaronTuminSmrtnikOrcaBlackDragon480Kane Red RobecredeikiSurfpossumP10KamarTcheldorknitdanlonelyahavaA Kobold's KoboldLucedesElldren
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

I have Do Not Disturb on from 11pm to 7am because Discord and timezones will pop notifications that wake me up otherwise. It could be a passive aggressive dick move, or your roommate was just thanking you for their restful sleep while it was on their mind.

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    OrcaGnome-Interruptuslonelyahava
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »

I have Do Not Disturb on from 11pm to 7am because Discord and timezones will pop notifications that wake me up otherwise. It could be a passive aggressive dick move, or your roommate was just thanking you for their restful sleep while it was on their mind.

I have DnD for texts from 9-8, but allow calls from contacts in case of emergencies. I figure that's a good middle ground where I'm reachable but won't be bothered.

Ringo
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i usually have DND but forgot to set it last night but i wouldn't assume that other people have it

it is a bit different if there's timezones involved but if its someone i live with and have a good idea of their schedule, i wouldn't be messaging them at a time i'd expect them to be asleep

maraji
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

yeah ok fine yes. he is the vanilla ice cream of men: ordinary but satisfactory to nearly everyone. he can get it

Yeah I’m a little confused by it, he seems entirely nondescript. There’s two dozen of him at every suburban gym near a college.

He’s also 6’5” with huge hands. Straight women are extremely taken with men who make them feel tiny.

Brand-savvy billionaire media moguls don’t normally date standard Midwestern beefslabs, the sports stars they go for are usually the feature talent, not the 300# linemen.

I’m not really a fan of his look but I think this might be a case of you finding straight cis men to be boring in general. He’s insanely famous and the mass of American women seem to find him incredibly hot. This isn’t charity work.

But for realio, I think much of it is my generally dysfunctional discernment apparatus for cishet men. With rare exception, they do absolutely nothing for me. Kelce to me looks like the husband every suburban cishet white girl has to pick up from BWW late on Thursday nights after having too many PBRs with the other volunteer firemen.
    Genuinely asking - is this not who Taylor is? She's supremely talented of course, but those identifiers fit her

yeah like i dont know taylor swift but i always got 'girlfriend of the high school quarterback' vibes

GiantGeek2020shrykeSmrtnik
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »

Arch

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

Arch

who would probably say 'that would be bad for the ecosystem' cause, like, it probably would be bad if you eliminated all mosquitos since they're a pretty established link in the big 'ol web of life

SummaryJudgmentGnome-Interruptus
  • KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Ok. How about just exterminating the ones that cause Dengue

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

Arch

who would probably say 'that would be bad for the ecosystem' cause, like, it probably would be bad if you eliminated all mosquitos since they're a pretty established link in the big 'ol web of life

What a buzz kill.

GiantGeek2020
    Weaver wrote: »

Arch

What a buzz kill.

Quite the opposite in this case.

GiantGeek2020marajiGnome-Interruptus
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

yeah like i dont know taylor swift but i always got 'girlfriend of the high school quarterback' vibes

She already wrote that song

Hahnsoo1Gnome-InterruptusA Kobold's Kobold
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I saw my FIL on Saturday for my MIL's 70th and while we did have a wonderful time and ton of good food and some thoughtful gifts given, I noticed my FIL still has the picture in this TV running in a little postage stamp in the middle of the screen since I bought him a 4K TV and he's still running a 1080i feed.

*looks out window*

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular

Which is a bit unfortunate for men who happen to be of average height for a woman.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Orca
    edited February 12

i mean

if that resident evil village game response online taught me anything

straight men are also extremely taken with women who make them feel tiny

Zavian on
    shrykeRhesus PositiveGiantGeek2020A Kobold's KoboldLucedes
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Arch

I'm pretty sure the comments I've read on this from the relevant ecologists were basically "It'll probably be fine".

shryke wrote: »

Arch

I'm pretty sure the comments I've read on this from the relevant ecologists were basically "It'll probably be fine".

is this from the same ecologists who eat DDT and say 'it'll probably be fine'

• GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular

Yeah I once heard someone's phone dinging an awful lot and asked what notifications they had going "oh that's just my email sound" ".... you set notifications for New Email? My phone would just kinda make a constant sound until its battery died... wow" But I also leave my phone in the home office instead of bringing it to the bedroom so good luck waking me up if I messed up my DND settings anyway.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I have email notifications on, because for me they're very infrequent (and I only get them for stuff that goes directly to the inbox), but without sound.

If I don't need to act on something right away, then no sound for you.

honovere
    @Arch there's a bug debate raging and the people demand antswers

i mean answers

GiantGeek2020Gnome-Interruptus
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

Which is a bit unfortunate for men who happen to be of average height for a woman.

Our time will come

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    BlackDragon480
    No you want antswers, deep down

ZavianGiantGeek2020Lucedes
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Hmm

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited February 12

2) I think your problem is trying to think about this logically. I mean, love is one of those things that is least responsive to brand management and market testing. If I were to guess, Taylor’s willing to look outside the normal confines of her dating life since all her previous smart, rational flings have gone up in smoke

Like her I am willing to abandon logic to believe in my big shot with tayswsy

Tumin on
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    I'll tighten your end

Is that anything

It is now

Orca
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    I'll tighten your end

Is that anything

It is now

I was hoping for an end loosening.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Lucedes
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Taylor swift and Travis kelce are like a platonic ideal of Suburban and rural America. The most popular girl with the guy catching the touchdown passes, it’s like something out of a 90s movie.

GilgaronBlackDragon480GiantGeek2020thatassemblyguycredeikiMrMisterLord_AsmodeusHavelock2.0Gnome-InterruptusA Kobold's KoboldLucedesSmrtnikbrynhrtmnElldren
    @Tumin Would you link me your coffee maker? I can't recall the name now.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    i think i saw one image of Kelce at the game today and I was immediately struck by how pretty his eyes were.
    Just this soft greyish blue.

and I'm a sucker for greyish blue eyes.

oh

well

hello there

GENERAL KENOBI

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    Kane Red RobeGnome-Interruptus
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

i mean

if that resident evil village game response online taught me anything

straight men are also extremely taken with women who make them feel tiny
    As I wrote earlier in the thread:
    I'm the same with the women I prefer to court.

I'm a shade over 5'7", but I've always had a thing for gals round 5'11" to 6'2" or so. I dated a lot of volleyball players in college and the remainder of my 20s.

I was on the feel tiny/walk on me/sex-is-a-series-of-advanced-trigonometry-problems bandwagon a quarter century ago.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    GiantGeek2020
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

ask Sheryl Crow to put on a concert.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

ask Sheryl Crow to put on a concert.

But all I want to do is have some fun and I’ve got a feeling I’m not the only one

amateurhourGiantGeek2020DracomicronmarajiGnome-InterruptusLucedes
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Taylor swift and Travis kelce are like a platonic ideal of Suburban and rural America. The most popular girl with the guy catching the touchdown passes, it’s like something out of a 90s movie.

But, in a surprising change of pace from the rom-coms featuring such couples in the 90s, neither one seems to be a giant twat.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    SleepJacobkoshGnome-InterruptusA Kobold's KoboldjakobaggerLucedesSmrtnikElldren
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    It's Joe DiMaggio and Marylin (Travis and Taylor)

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

are YOU on the beer list?
    Havelock2.0
This discussion has been closed.