As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MCU Movies] FFucking FFinally

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Marathon wrote: »
    Marvel Studios has already confirmed that Deadpool will be rated R and you can access rated R content on Disney Plus (not by default).

They aren’t going to make this movie PG-13

It's not surprising to me that people have this Disney won't do anything "adult" thing, because they literally hide an absolute shit ton of the stuff on Disney under an option you need to press. If you don't realize that's a thing, you can be forever to believe they have nothing over PG13 on their streaming service.

For sure, it even happened to me. I knew that Deadpool and Logan had been added but when I went to check them out I couldn’t find them. I had to google what the deal was to find out that I had to change my settings.

Aegeri
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited February 13
    The Marvels:

First 1/3 (up to and including the fight scene in space / Kamala's living room): Excellent! Fun! Vivacious! Exciting!
    Second 2/3: Fucking terrible!

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
    Gnome-InterruptusLJDouglasRingo
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Man the disney princess bit, and the cat escape were some of the zaniest shit I have ever seen on screen and I was there for it.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    OrcaMarathonAegeriShadowfireGnizmoWiseManTobesOneAngryPossumtzeentchlingA Dabble Of TheloniusMartini_PhilosopherKamarTubularLuggage
    syndalis wrote: »
    Man the disney princess bit, and the cat escape were some of the zaniest shit I have ever seen on screen and I was there for it.

I thought the princess joke was pretty clever. Had a good laugh

AegeriGnizmoGnome-InterruptusMvrckMcFoddertzeentchlingMartini_PhilosopherFoolOnTheHillhanzoKamar
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

Gnizmo wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Just brace yourself when they make it PG13 because they’ll lie right to your face.

Disney knows how to separate their Princess line from their fucked a corpse, or butt fucked a minor (shown on screen) movies. Claims that they won't do an R movie are tiresome and ignorant.

????????????????????????????????????????????

Clerks 1 and Mallrats? But those were produced years before Disney bought their production company.

Disney owned Miramax when both films were released having bought them the year before Clerks released. And yeah those are the exact ones. They are really good at creating the distance.

Fencingsax
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    The Disney Princess bit wasn't worth the costume change Kamala got saddled with for the rest of the movie. That shit suuuuuucked.

Oh brilliant
    LJDouglas
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    How did she even manage to get a costume that drab from that of all places?

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Madame Web reviews are finally hitting one day before release, and hoo boy they're bad.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    StempyKamar
    edited February 13
    syndalis wrote: »

Ok "Stop running and let the Flerkens eat you" was legit the funniest line in the whole movie, but the whole subplot was bizarre, even if you ignore the tentacle-cats. I still don't understand what that sub-plot existed at all, or why the SABER base was even under threat? Nothing else in the area seemed to be having difficulties until the Very Forgettable Villain started trying to eat the sun.

I thought the whole Disney Princess planet bit was terrible. The musical moments were under-cooked and what should have been a moderately amusing 10 second gag dragged on for what seemed like forever. I get the general idea and thought it was clever, it was just executed so, so blandly.

Spaffy on
    cj iwakura
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The prince speaking normally and it being brought up that he's bilingual got a solid laugh.

I wasn't in love with the section, but I appreciated it doing something different.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    Gnome-InterruptuscursedkingLJDouglasRingo
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Madame Web reviews are finally hitting one day before release, and hoo boy they're bad.

what? no!
    I mean it's looked terrible all along so, yeah.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Gnome-InterruptusAtomikaA Dabble Of TheloniusMartini_PhilosopherLou29Mortal SkyShadowfireAegeriAbsoluteZero
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    The prince speaking normally and it being brought up that he's bilingual got a solid laugh.

I wasn't in love with the section, but I appreciated it doing something different.

Also Ms Marvel just totally grooving out and enjoying it while Photon is the awkward wallflower dragged onto the dance floor.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    OrcaForarAtomikatzeentchlingDracomicronShadowfireAegeriRingoTubularLuggage

Who could have possibly foreseen this, other than anyone.

OrcaChallWhelkFencingsaxMichaelLCMartini_PhilosopherLou29Mortal SkyShadowfireAegeriAbsoluteZeroKamar
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    It can’t be that ba—

g1ntorljrrkr.jpeg

..ah

Gnome-InterruptusSealAegeriDark Raven XAbsoluteZeroKamar
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I'll still probably watch it out of curiosity but at least now my expectations are properly set so I can eke out whatever enjoyment there is to be had in what sounds like a disaster of a movie.

I don’t know if I’ll watch. I’ve never watched Venom 2 or Morbius and I really don’t feel bad about either. Even when it’s streaming on Netflix I’m sure I can find something better to do.

It’s just a bummer that Sony keeps cranking out garbage just so they can maintain their hold on the Spider-Man IP.

AtomikaGnome-InterruptustzeentchlingSealHydropoloAbsoluteZeroThisMarek
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited February 13
    I thought the singing planet was great, the downside was it should have been longer and more fleshed out. The entire movie should have just been stuff like that. A hangout movie where we're seeing all the weird cosmic shit that Captain Marvel gets up to off screen is a great idea for a movie. That stuff was the only thing that seemed to have any creative vision behind it aside from some of the clever setpieces like the cats and the opening switching places fight.

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    Gnome-InterruptusSpoitGnizmoLJDouglasMcFodderOneAngryPossumRingo
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    I don’t know if I’ll watch. I’ve never watched Venom 2 or Morbius and I really don’t feel bad about either. Even when it’s streaming on Netflix I’m sure I can find something better to do.

It’s just a bummer that Sony keeps cranking out garbage just so they can maintain their hold on the Spider-Man IP.

You’d think with Lord & Miller making them billions of dollars with the animated Spider-Verse projects they would do like WB with James Gunn and hand their Marvel division over to them, but somehow Avi Arad—like Jon Peters or Akiva Goldsman or David Goyer—has become one of those super-producers that no one can stop from making shit after absolute shit

And Amy Pascal just seems content to let him. There is absolutely nobody with any creative instinct running Hollywood production companies anymore other than maybe A24. It’s all Wall Street bros treating art like part of an investment portfolio.

WhelkFencingsaxGnome-InterruptusTastyfishAegeriAbsoluteZerojimb213
    Orca wrote: »
    I'll still probably watch it out of curiosity but at least now my expectations are properly set so I can eke out whatever enjoyment there is to be had in what sounds like a disaster of a movie.

I'll admit I'm curious to see how badly they flub the spoiled plot.
    The main character's partner at work is Ben. As in, Uncle Ben. Apparently the entire thing is to save Fetus Peter Parker. That's the entire reason it's set in the 2000s.

Chall
    I mean, the trailer was a complete unintelligible mess, so I don't know what people were expecting...

AbsoluteZero
  • ChallChall Registered User regular

The main character's partner at work is Ben. As in, Uncle Ben. Apparently the entire thing is to save Fetus Peter Parker. That's the entire reason it's set in the 2000s.

Wait
    Does the movie understand what "Uncle" means? How would getting Ben Parker imperil the unborn Peter? It's like if Skynet sent the Terminator after Sarah Connor's cousin

XaquintzeentchlingHydropoloAbsoluteZeroCidTheSquid
    Chall wrote: »

Wait
    Does the movie understand what "Uncle" means? How would getting Ben Parker imperil the unborn Peter? It's like if Skynet sent the Terminator after Sarah Connor's cousin
    Mary Parker is in the cast, she is Peter's mother. Ben is her brother.

What if Madame Web is going to do the Trouble storyline, man that would be so insane I would have to respect it

FencingsaxLou29EmperorSethAegeri
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Wait
    Wait, how does that work? Unless his dad was a different Parker?

steam_sig.png
  • GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Wait

Maybe they're following certain popular trends online and Ben is his Uncle and his Dad? 🤔

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, Julia Carpenter is awesome, her movie should be good.

TexiKen
    Spoit wrote: »

Wait

I think i have it backwards because the other "relevant party" is not listed in the cast

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I read two reviews of the movie to get some sense about what it's about.
    The plot is apparently about an Evil Old Spider-Man Ezekiel Sims going after three teenagers because he's had visions of them defeating him in battle, and Dakota Jones ends up helping them come together and defeat him. Spider-fetus doesn't seem to be in the finished movie or it's too big of a spoiler to mention.

It also apparently has very few action scenes and is more of a sci-fi magical family drama detective noir kind of movie.

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I have a friend who credulously goes to every superhero movie, and she always asks if I want to go with her, and, you know, I'm not so popular that I should really turn down hangs (that's detrimental to my S. Links).

So I'm going to Madame Web tomorrow night, as opposed to going through the effort of getting an actual date for the Annual Feel Bad For Being Single Day.

AtomikaGnome-InterruptusFencingsaxAtlas in ChainsShadowfireAegeritzeentchlingRhesus PositiveKamarRingojimb213
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    The plot is apparently about an Evil Old Spider-Man Ezekiel Sims going after three teenagers because he's had visions of them defeating him in battle, and Dakota Jones ends up helping them come together and defeat him. Spider-fetus doesn't seem to be in the finished movie or it's too big of a spoiler to mention.

It also apparently has very few action scenes and is more of a sci-fi magical family drama detective noir kind of movie.

Polygon's review is the most spoilery one I've read and it confirms:
    Adam Scott is Ben Parker and Emma Roberts is Mary Parker.

and...I almost wasnt going to spoiler tag this but...about the 3 spider-ladies...
    the 3 spider-ladies are only in costume for less than 3 minutes. The shots we saw in the trailer is it. It's only when we get Ezikel's vision do we see them in costume.

They do not get powers in this movie, and they do not become those spider-folks in this movie.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    Ringo
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 13
    Sounds like she's got you in her web.

At least you'll get the full spider experience of having the life sucked from you by the movie.

MichaelLC on
    DracomicronRingo
    mxmarks wrote: »

Polygon's review is the most spoilery one I've read and it confirms:
    Adam Scott is Ben Parker and Emma Roberts is Mary Parker.

and...I almost wasnt going to spoiler tag this but...about the 3 spider-ladies...
    the 3 spider-ladies are only in costume for less than 3 minutes. The shots we saw in the trailer is it. It's only when we get Ezikel's vision do we see them in costume.

They do not get powers in this movie, and they do not become those spider-folks in this movie.

That second spoiler is some total bullshit

AlphaRomeromxmarksOrcaForarAtomikaLJDouglascursedkingXaquinMichaelLCGnome-InterruptusFoolOnTheHillGnizmoSmurphLegacyFencingsaxShadowfireAegeriDark Raven XAbsoluteZerotzeentchlingMcFodderLanzRingojimb213Kane Red RobeEtiowsaMarek
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    false fuckin' advertising is what that is

AtomikaMarathonLanz
    I can almost guarantee we will never, ever see the movie expanding on that.

AtomikaGnome-InterruptusFoolOnTheHillFencingsaxOrca
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    oof.

Goddamn.

::taps plays in the background::

are YOU on the beer list?
    Atomika
    edited February 13
    o9gjafnhayva.png

28bzaaf31k2n.png

Y
    I
    K
    E
    S

cursedking on
    MichaelLCGnome-InterruptusA Dabble Of TheloniusFencingsaxShadowfireOrcaAegeriAbsoluteZerotzeentchlinghonovereRhesus PositiveMarek
    I'm sure some people will see "it's the cats the movie of superhero movies" and be like "Oh Well Now??"

ChallDracomicronFencingsaxRingo
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 13
    I'm sure some people will see "it's the cats the movie of superhero movies" and be like "Oh Well Now??"

It's the Butthole cut!

reVerse on
    FencingsaxOrcaAbsoluteZeroKruiteRhesus PositiveRingoNaphtali
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

It's the Butthole cut!

But not in the good way.

Gnome-InterruptusOrcaRingo
  • ChallChall Registered User regular

Yes hello, they keep trying to pull me in but I won't succumb. Another review compared it to Ben Affleck's Daredevil and I'm like, if it's bad stop comparing it to things I like

Ringo