As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

My Resume for a Career Fair

NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap.Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm going to a career fair pretty soon, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on my resume. It isn't tailored towards any specific job, because it is a career fair and there are gonna be like 200 companies there, and I'm planning on just getting my resume out to as many people as possible.

Here is a link to a .doc of my resume

HERE

Here is a JPG picture of the same thing(rendered in MSPaint, so it might be a little blurry)
fakeresume-1.jpg

So, any tips?

EDIT:

Okay, after taking your guys' thoughts and some others' into consideration, this is what I've come up with so far.

New .doc file

HERE

and here is an image.
fakeresume-3.jpg

rotate.jpg
PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
Nogs on

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Drop Domino's Pizza from that. Are there any job sectors in particular you're looking to work in, or are you planning to just basically shotgun these to anything that looks vaguely interesting?

Thanatos on
  • naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    You're going to have three BA?

If not, I'd clarify as to what your degree will actually be in.

naporeon on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    yes, i am going to have 3 B.A.s, and two minors.

@Thanatos, Yeah I was unsure about the Dominos Pizza thing, but I also felt that without, the resume looks really incomplete, or at least there's a bit more white space than I want.

And yeah, it's pretty much a shotgun. I don't necessarily expect much to come from it, but it can't hurt, and who knows.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Is "Asian Languages and Literature" a single thing? Having "and" twice on that line sounds awkward to me.

Also, agree with Thanatos about the Domino's thing. Besides being unimportant, it just highlights that you have a gap from August 2004 to September 2005.

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
    edited February 2008
    AtomBomb wrote: »
    Is "Asian Languages and Literature" a single thing? Having "and" twice on that line sounds awkward to me.

Also, agree with Thanatos about the Domino's thing. Besides being unimportant, it just highlights that you have a gap from August 2004 to September 2005.

Okay, I'll ditch Domino's. Yeah good point about the "Asian Languages and Literature" Think it would be better if I made it an ampersand? "Asian Languages & Literature". I could also maybe say "ALL" but most people wouldn't know what the means.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited February 2008
    I've updated my OP with a new resume, what do you guys think?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • TaterskinTaterskin Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Looks good to me. I would move the Education section below Experience once you get a job with a couple of years behind it. Since you are making education a selling point, it is good to have it first for the first job applications after college.

Taterskin on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I really wouldn't worry about white space. You're fresh out of college (not even out yet), it's not like anyone is expecting you to have years of experience under your belt.

Thanatos on
  • AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I like your revision. Good luck!

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162