As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Screenshot Capturing Software

LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
Pretty much I'm looking for a program that lets me capture screenshots and it automatically saves them in a folder somewhere, so I don't have to paste each and every single one into photoshop. I haven't tried it myself, but does FRAPS do this? If not, anyone know any good programs that do?

Loathing on

• Options
    FaceballMcDougalFaceballMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    SnagIt is $40 but it's pretty awesome. Does what you want and a ton more like video capture and a ton of other things. We use it my work for all kinds of stuff.

http://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.asp

FaceballMcDougal on
    xbl/psn/steam: jabbertrack
  • Options
    SilvoculousSilvoculous Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    For now, you'd best use the trial version of SnagIt. KSnapshot is really good at what you described but you're clearly running Windows.

Silvoculous on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I tried SnagIt earlier today, nice program but I'm having a hard time getting screenshots while in games. I set the option to capture DirectX in order for it to work in games, which makes me use Scroll Lock to take a screen shot but I'm running into two problems:

1) When the screenshot is taken ingame, it just comes out black. Also it's taking a screenshot of both my screens (I dual screen) but thats not really a problem, can crop that easily in photoshop.

2) When I hit Scroll Lock it kicks into Recording Mode and just kills the game, it turns into a Power Point presentation pretty much.

Loathing on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Xfire? Its built-in screenshot functionality works pretty well, assuming it supports the game you're trying to cap from. Also gratis.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    FaceballMcDougalFaceballMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Loathing wrote: »
    I tried SnagIt earlier today, nice program but I'm having a hard time getting screenshots while in games. I set the option to capture DirectX in order for it to work in games, which makes me use Scroll Lock to take a screen shot but I'm running into two problems:

1) When the screenshot is taken ingame, it just comes out black. Also it's taking a screenshot of both my screens (I dual screen) but thats not really a problem, can crop that easily in photoshop.

2) When I hit Scroll Lock it kicks into Recording Mode and just kills the game, it turns into a Power Point presentation pretty much.

I have no experience with it in games... didn't know that's what you wanted it for

FaceballMcDougal on
    xbl/psn/steam: jabbertrack
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Loathing wrote: »

I have no experience with it in games... didn't know that's what you wanted it for

Sorry yea I probably should of stated what I needed it mainly for /durr. It'll come in handy for sure though anyways either way.

Loathing on