As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I was in a car accident

RaneadosRaneados police apologistyou shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
edited February 2008 in Social Entropy++
So on my way to class the college transit bus I was on was stopped behind a city bus taking passengers. The city bus pulls away.

Suddenly, we are rammed from behind by a lady in SUV-type monstrosity doing 60 in a 25. The bus lurches forward and everyone on said bus (4 people) smashes various parts of their body on various metal objects in the bus. The lady gets out of her car, looks around, and gets back in. Then she gets back out and half runs, half staggers into an apartment complex. She is later arrested and is AMAZINGLY drunk. At 3 PM. She's not wearing shoes or socks and is morbidly obese.

Both her airbags deployed, her windshield was smashed, and her car was totaled.

The bus was in mint condition save for the engine quitting and being destroyed thanks to the rubber bumper

I had to give a statement and everything, woo.

I was okay at the time, but now my neck is starting to ache a little so I am going to the clinic real quick, just in case. I sent letters to all my professors and told them what was up, hopefully excused absences ahoy.

Today has been full of weird things.

You dudes ever been in a crash?

Hit by a car?

murdered by a monster truck?

that last one is pretty cool.

Raneados on

• msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sue the bitch for emotional trauma.

msuitepyon on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hey hey hey....

I've been drunk at 3pm too. I just don't drive when I'm drinking, because it would slow down my alcohol consumption.

Hunter on
  • beefbeef Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    My neighbor just accidentally shot through his window and our wall. There is a hole in the wall inside the cabinet.

beef on
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I don't want to say "whiplash" just yet, but maybe if I lie down for a while...

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Once my rear wheel snagged on some gravel and lost its grip on the road as I was stopping, so the back end of my bike lurched forwards for a bit, then caught on the road, when it was no longer aligned with the front of the bike.

Needless to say I was thrown, the bike was tossed around some, and it hurt like hell. I was bleeding from scrapes on my left leg and arm, through my jacket and tough jeans. Also my entire left side was bruised for the next week or so.

I got up, righted the bike, and went on to rehearsal, when I found that nothing was broken on me or the bike instead of calling everything off.

Pussy.

Khavall on
  • ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I carjacked a Hummer just to try and run down a guy and his taco stand because he cut me with a knife and threw hot fat in my friend's face when we tried to rob hi-

oh wait, no, no that was that episode of CSI

ascot on
  • QuethalQuethal The Infrequent OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm glad you're alright, mang =) I've been lucky, and never been involved in a car crash in any way.

Quethal on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    msuitepyon wrote: »
    Sue the bitch for emotional trauma.

looked like a poor, spanish chick. I'm not into suing people who don't have money

wonder if the college would comp my tuition and books as an apology

probably not

Raneados on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    I've been rear ended before. It sucks to look up in your rear view and see that some idiot is totally not going to stop in time.

It's kind of strange how it takes a while for the aches to show up. I guess adrenaline might have something to do with that.

Dynagrip on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Goddamn Rane

Would some Jaffa cakes cheer you up?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    edited February 2008
    beef wrote: »
    My neighbor just accidentally shot through his window and our wall. There is a hole in the wall inside the cabinet.

Like, just now? 0.o

Quethal on
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    My dad put us into a tail spin when I was 6 and we went off the road.

It also icy the other day and I went off the road just a tiny bit.

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Someone rear-ended our school bus last spring.
    They didn't lose control of the car or anything, they were just an idiot.

Me Too! on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've never been in a car accident before

everyone on the bus was freaking out. Like

OMG OMG OMG OMG WE GOT HIT OMG OMG WE'RE ALL DEAD

and I'm sitting there like

ladies chill out calm down jesus stop crying

Raneados on
  • SoupSoup Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    shit man

that is crazy

Soup on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Are you dead? Can I have your stuff?

Bloods End on
    edited February 2008
    Quethal wrote: »
    beef wrote: »

Like, just now? 0.o

Like 20-30 minutes ago, now.

beef on
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    My dad put us into a Talespin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYcQGD9b3m0

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I once sideswiped a lady in the worst fucking three-lane stop-sign intersection ever. We were going maybe 10 miles an hour, so wasn't a thing

I was also t-boned by a truck going about 25 or 30 that ran a stop sign

that was more of a thing

Charles Kinbote on
    edited February 2008
    Though once I was driving up an on ramp, connecting to a freeway. The on ramp went up and to the right, and apparently my back right tire was really low. I lost traction and starting sliding to the concrete edge on the left, so I corrected my wheels and started sliding the other way before I hit the concrete. Then I almost hit the concrete on the right, so I had to recorrect and slide my car the other way. Then I finally got traction again, and shot out onto the freeway (because the barrier on the left had ended, thankfully, or I would have slammed into it). Luckily, there was no traffic coming, or I would have been t-boned really hard.

Quethal on
    edited February 2008
    I am far from dead

I didn't even get a real rush, just like

man I'm going to mis class, oh wait I'm pretty sure this is covered under excused absences

I did want a cigarette though, and it was one of the best cigarettes ever

Raneados on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Goddamn Rane

Would some Jaffa cakes cheer you up?

Jaffa cakes are fantastically delicious.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I got rear-ended by an asian girl while going 85 in the left lane of the freeway at 3AM once.
    It sounds more fun than it was.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I got two tubes of Jaffa Cakes right here, pal.

Moriveth on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    what a stupid twat

she deserved to total her shit if she was as drunk as you say, though

Clint Eastwood on
    edited February 2008
    I'm not bummed or freaked out or hyper, I'm regular

hungry, though

Raneados on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Ubik wrote: »

spin it lets begin it bear and grin it when you're in it you can win it in a minute when you spin it spin it spin it

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I have been in either 4 or 5 accidents

I can never remember

I was the driver for two of them

neither were my fault

The last one I got into, rather than me freaking out any more, was simply a "Goddamnit, not again" type thing

PiptheFair on
  • <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I was in an accident once.

The car that was suppose to turn left at a left-turn only lane decided to go straight and cut me off. When I saw this I jerked the wheel and ran in to a parked truck.

<3 on
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ubik wrote: »

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • SilvoculousSilvoculous Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Some guy in a Chevy Silverado slammed into the side of the bus I was riding a couple weeks ago. Took out the side door, really messed the bus up on that side. But buses, of course, are practically invincible, and if that guy had been driving a smaller car, he'd have been dead. His giant truck versus a bus ended with him spinning around and around into the intersection (he ran right through the red light as we were going through). He hit right around where I was sitting, but there were 4 of us on the bus, not counting the driver, and no one got hurt.

Didn't even lose any time getting home. There was another bus out in that area because they were training a new driver or something.

Silvoculous on
    edited February 2008
    friend of mine once flipped his car on an off-ramp

was in a coma for 3 months

when he woke up, we went out drinking the same night he was discharged

we were all like "what! awesome!"

many high-fives were had

Raneados on
  • SoupSoup Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I was in an accident

old lady was driving down the wrong side of the street

if there had been a train, or it wasn't 9PM, she would have been fucked

everyone was fine

superficial damage to the cars

Soup on
    edited February 2008
    yeah if the chick was in anything other than a monster SUV, she'd have had her head chopped off probably

also all her fat rolls probably helped her out

also her drunken stupor

Raneados on
  • OdinOdin Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Glad you're ok, rane

Odin on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    after the first accident where I was the driver, I was on pain killers and anti-inflammatories for a week

I had sex in the week

it took an hour

I am quite certain that is my greatest accomplishment to date

PiptheFair on
    edited February 2008
    Only wreck I've ever been in involved a man who thought he could make a left turn through my vehicle. I hit the brakes and just watched him slam into me. He seemed surprised.

beef on
  • msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Did you ask your friend what it was like being in a coma?

I've only been in one accident where contact occurred (even then, it was minor): I was trying to turn left with a Pathfinder or some shit behind me. I took my foot off the brake only to see a car coming over the hill. Unfortunately, the driver behind me didn't stop so I got bumped. It popped the rub strip off my bumper and kind of knocked the bumper off kilter, and I think a crack in my tail light developed from that. I was pissed because it was my new car (well, new for a month or so) and I babied the damn thing.

msuitepyon on
  • redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've:

Fishtailed a Camaro into a Mustang
    Slid into the rear bumper of a Chevy 1500 W/T (note: Contours have no traction in snow)
    Slid into a ditch (note: Contours have no traction on gravel)
    Been hit in the front by a '78 Mercury going 60 in a 25 (think T-bone to the headlights)
    Tore the frame in two on 2 different F-150s
    Caught some air on a blind hill, only to come down on a concrete block (80s Cavaliers are nigh indestrutible)
    Been swiped in the rear by a Pathfinder that ran a red light

I think that's it

redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg
    edited February 2008
    my friend said it was like sleeping, and doesn't remember much of it

who drinks themselves stupid right after being in a 3 month coma?

this motherfucker did

awesome

Raneados on