As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I was in a car accident

13»

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    beef wrote: »
    Nogs wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Quethal wrote: »
    My neighbor just accidentally shot through his window and our wall. There is a hole in the wall inside the cabinet.

Like, just now? 0.o

Like 20-30 minutes ago, now.
    tight

Good god.

holy shit that is nuts

He was very apologetic and it didn't hit anyone or anything important, and he is going to take care of all the damages.

I didn't bust his chops about it, but who the hell cleans a gun with a cartridge in the chamber?

Irresponsible people. If the police would've been called, at the least he would've got a reckless endangerment charge.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    i got backed into today by a middle aged african american lass.

she reversed into me at a stop sign.

good times.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hey Rane

I'm glad you're alright.

Sheri on
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I was hit by a car when I was very young. I have a scar across the bridge of my nose, but it's always covered by my glasses so it's cool.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2008
    someone ran a stop sign as I was turning left and was going fast enough that all they managed to do was rip a gash in my front bumper and send my license plate flying

I knew the kid too, he crashed into building while trying to park a car in driver's ed

DJ Eebs on
  • beefbeef Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Nogs wrote: »
    Quethal wrote: »
    My neighbor just accidentally shot through his window and our wall. There is a hole in the wall inside the cabinet.

Like, just now? 0.o

Like 20-30 minutes ago, now.
    tight

Good god.

holy shit that is nuts

He was very apologetic and it didn't hit anyone or anything important, and he is going to take care of all the damages.

I didn't bust his chops about it, but who the hell cleans a gun with a cartridge in the chamber?

Irresponsible people. If the police would've been called, at the least he would've got a reckless endangerment charge.

Yeah, but myself and my roommates' heads/balls were all fine and the guy got the shit scared out of him so I'm not upset. I did get a new bullet hole wallpaper for my phone, though.

beef on
  • TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Glad you're alright Rane.

I've been in a couple minor accidents.
    1: Slid into a car that stopped in front of me in a rainstorm
    2: Hit a frat guy who thought it was okay to drive into the left lane to turn right
    3: Hit by some Indian lady who could see my car because of a truck was blocking her view
    4: Got rear-ended in the King of Prussia mall by a rich Jersey girl

A friend of ours got hit by a truck that ran a light and smashed her into a stoplight pole. She was pulled out of the car just before the whole thing went up in flames by a volunteer fireman and paramedic who were at the scene when it happened. Apparently the whole thing was taped by a bystander and it end up on the national news and Good Morning America.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Admiral SuzieAdmiral Suzie Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've only been in one car accident.

This guy in some white truck slams on his breaks cause he almost misses a turn to this quarry near Monroe, the one that was on Dirty Jobs. My family and I in this stupid Ford Tempo hits the breaks accordingly but this huge truck behind us was too busy looking at horses to pay attention and rear ends the car I'm in. Luckily there wasn't much damage, just enough to smash up the back and break the eggs my parents just bought though my mom and sister complained of a sore neck/head. Apparently though the folks in the truck behind us ended up with a damaged engine so they had to wait for a taxi or something.

But on second thought the truck probably wasn't that large, I was a kid so my perspective was probably very off. When all was said and done though I was freaking out because the summer before there was car trouble and I was really scared that the same would happen. I guess it was just the shock of being in my first car wreck. The summer before was a huge heat wave and my family was traveling to eastern Washington to visit family and the tempo couldn't take the heat without jerking really hard back and forth. The only way to stop it was to open up the gas tank and let hot vapors exit. The closer we got to Spokane the more Ford Tempos we saw on the sides of the freeway.

I did witness the results of a nasty wreck though when I was learning how to drive, there's this windy road near by where the speed limit is supposed to be 40 but it's impossible to do without the best steering in the world and this truck was flipped on it's side. I dunno what happened to the driver though. The road wasn't closed so he was probably ok.

Admiral Suzie on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Bergy wrote: »
    i got backed into today by a middle aged african american lass.

she reversed into me at a stop sign.

good times.

sounds pretty hot to me

Abracadaniel on
  • ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Raneados wrote: »
    So on my way to class the college transit bus I was on was stopped behind a city bus taking passengers. The city bus pulls away.

Suddenly, we are rammed from behind by a lady in SUV-type monstrosity doing 60 in a 25. The bus lurches forward and everyone on said bus (4 people) smashes various parts of their body on various metal objects in the bus. The lady gets out of her car, looks around, and gets back in. Then she gets back out and half runs, half staggers into an apartment complex. She is later arrested and is AMAZINGLY drunk. At 3 PM. She's not wearing shoes or socks and is morbidly obese.

Both her airbags deployed, her windshield was smashed, and her car was totaled.

The bus was in mint condition save for the engine quitting and being destroyed thanks to the rubber bumper

I had to give a statement and everything, woo.

I was okay at the time, but now my neck is starting to ache a little so I am going to the clinic real quick, just in case. I sent letters to all my professors and told them what was up, hopefully excused absences ahoy.

Today has been full of weird things.

You dudes ever been in a crash?

Hit by a car?

murdered by a monster truck?

that last one is pretty cool.
    So is this whole story pretty much you coming out about your foot fetish? You can tell us Rane, it's ok.

Coldbrand on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've been in three piddling minor car accidents. In one the guy who slammed into us (my door) was going pretty fast but the car was solid and although the door was wrecked we weren't hurt.

My dad totalled three cars in less than a year, once, but it wasn't his fault. Twice a tree fell on the car, and the third time a man fell asleep at the wheel and crossed into my dad's lane.

Janson on
    edited February 2008
    Janson wrote: »
    I've been in three piddling minor car accidents. In one the guy who slammed into us (my door) was going pretty fast but the car was solid and although the door was wrecked we weren't hurt.

My dad totalled three cars in less than a year, once, but it wasn't his fault. Twice a tree fell on the car, and the third time a man fell asleep at the wheel and crossed into my dad's lane.

Did your dad perhaps offend a druid?

Coldbrand on
  • Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Glad you're okay, Rane! If you have any medical insurance you might want to get your neck checked out anyway. A friend of mine didn't develop really bad whiplash symptoms till a week after she was a passenger in a car wreck.

I was in a wreck last May. Was stopped in traffic because an accident was forcing cars to merge into my lane. Look in the rear-view mirror to see a guy in an F-150 barreling down on me, head turned to the side checking out the Lexus dealership. He hit me, I hit the car in front of me, she hit the car in front of her. My car was totaled and I'm still amazed no one was hurt. Ironically, the guy who hit me was on a racing team.

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    hahaha medical insurance

that's funny

Raneados on
    edited February 2008
    hahaha medical insurance

that's funny

you're breaking the law if you don't have it in my state!

Coldbrand on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Poor Raneados!

Janson on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    maybe I get some sort of blankety blank by being a student but no I don't have shit that I know of

also sleepy time test tomorrow

Raneados on
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    I've been in a few fun ones.

I was given whiplash when I was 9 or so when the car I was in got hit by a driver doing 40 that ran a stop sign. We got hit on the passenger side ended up spinning round a few times and finally came to a stop against a wall perpendicular to the road we were going down. That same accident caused my brother to bite through his lower-lip which is still scarred pretty bad now he's 24.

I've been a passenger in my girlfriend's car as we rear-ended a whole row of cars queuing for a roundabout in Hull. Water all over the road caused her to aquaplane straight into the back of the row.

And I've been hit by some moron that was turning out of a side road. Apparently when you're pulling out into near stationary traffic, and there's two lanes (one that goes straight across a junction and one that goes right) you can just ignore the right-turn lane and blindly pull out. And then claim it was the other person's fault because someone in the other lane waved them out.

And then fucking refuse responsibility and make me pay for all the damage to my car because my insurance wouldn't cover legal disuptes. God.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • RegrettableRegrettable Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    A guy I know had two of his cars totalled by his 83 year old neighbour reversing into them the other day. Hit one of them so hard the rear wheel snapped off the axle where it got pushed into the gutter.
    Then the neighbour drove full speed into his own garage wall.
    He doesn't have a license anymore.

Regrettable on
    cthulhusigcopy-1.png
  • CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've had two wrecks:

I was hauling ass out this dirt road, took the last corner too fast and the back of my pickup began to slide. we came out of the turn looking over a 75 foot drop. i cranked the wheel around, luckily finding some traction, and spun it back around, ending up in a ditch looking back the way we came My girlfriend was hella freaking out

Same truck, I was pulling out of my highschool after football practice, turning left. i didnt see the camoflage truck that was just cresting the hill coming my way. he hit behind my right rear wheel and crushed the truck bed all up the right side, caving in the passenger side of the cab. the only injury i recieved was when cut my arm on a shard of glass by reaching across the seat to get my papers out of the glovebox

neither were serious, my dad's wreck though...

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    When I was a kid our station wagon got rear ended. My brother was sitting on top of the seat and I was laying down. His fat stinky ass laded on my face and my dad got whiplash. I remember sitting at the hospital with my brother we were both left alone in the lobby. I was bored out of my mind and pissed at my brother for landing on my face.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    ive been in like 5 bus crashes

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Cum Hero wrote: »
    Geez SH.

Did you have ice cream later?

Yes I think so

after soaking in a hot tub for like two hours

I blew the money I got back for the car in Vegas

I want to see the picture!

Oh, I guess I'll find it on my own...

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • ForkesForkes Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've been hit by a van while on a bicycle.

It sucked. Nothing broken, the rear bike tire was totalled though. And my left leg from the knee down was pretty much shreded of skin from sliding from pavement to gravel.

It turned out to actually be an old teacher of mine, who turned out to be cousins with a friend I would meet in the later years of high school.

I offered to walk with my broken bike to where I was going, but I think he thought I would sue, cause he gave me a ride.

I was more afraid of being arrested, because in Ontario, if you are under 18 and riding a bike, you need a helmet, which I was not wearing.

Forkes on
    siggy-1.jpg
    edited February 2008
    forkes nobody has ever been arrested ever for not wearing a helmet while on their bicycle

Raneados on
  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've been on plenty of accident scenes before, some of them pretty shitty in general.

You get used to them if you're not, you know, in them.

Cogliostro on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    forkes nobody has ever been arrested ever for not wearing a helmet while on their bicycle

Yeah, they just give you a ticket.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    a month after getting my first car, the tire on the front right side blows out

the car swerves violently towards the median, hits it and begins to flip, goes through a tree, screeches toward the usually busy lanes on the other side and rolls twice before landing right side up

after checking to make sure neither of us is dead, me and my friend started busting up laughing (probably from the adrenaline) and proceed to find our way out of what has become a tin can coated in broken glass

mrpaku on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've been in one: doing about 40 on my motorcycle, slick roads because of recent rain. Got on the brakes (no harder than usual), and for some reason this time my back tire skidded and kicked out and I went over.

Got away with some scrapes and a badly bruised thigh, though I'm pretty sure if I hadn't had the presence of mind to jump off of the thing I would have gotten my knee crushed under the (very hot and of course heavy) engine

Embarrassing!

Ledneh on
    edited February 2008

or a warning

usually a warning

Raneados on
  • Bullfrogof7272Bullfrogof7272 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    When i was like 5 years old my mom and i were driving home from the store where she had refused to buy me some piece of shit toy. Obviously I was obligated to chuck toy cars at her head from the very back of our suburban. She turned around to yell at me (can you believe that?) and in doing so turned the wheel by accident, thereby slamming the Suburban into the gaurd rail at 60 mph, rolling it 3 times down an embankment and coming to a rest 30 yards from a pizza hut. I wasn't wearing a seat belt, shit i wasnt even in a seat, and i was completely unharmed. I crawled out of the rear window and went and sat in the Pizza Hut Lobby while the cut my mom out of the car with the jaws of life.

Bullfrogof7272 on
    the hammer, is my penis.
  • ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    just a moment ago I was on a bus, and some emo kid next to me is scribbling in his notepad

when i stand up, i look at it, and he's drawn me.

AWKWARD

Zonkytonkman on
  • Threadbare SockThreadbare Sock regular
    edited February 2008
    it is because this person has a overwhelming obsession with "unique" looking people

Threadbare Sock on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    FOOT SWEATERS
    edited February 2008

or a warning

usually a warning

Depends on how many beers you have on you.

Tonkka on
  • StraythStrayth Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    My uncle got drunk with my mother and me in a Jeep on Nantucket. Driving on the sand, he jumped it on its side, and no one got hurt. It was still scary though.

Strayth on
    That's right.
  • RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    just a moment ago I was on a bus, and some emo kid next to me is scribbling in his notepad

when i stand up, i look at it, and he's drawn me.

AWKWARD

Did you give him your number?

Ruckus on
  • Food?Food? Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    rear-ended by some chick in some 3-ton cadillac who was on her phone, and therefor assumed that when the left turn lane gets a protected green that the cars our lane are allowed to slam on the gas

also fishtailed my car into a ditch 4 months after getting my license because winter road conditions seemed like an appropriate time to try such a maneuver

Food? on
    gr_smile2.gif