As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Perfect World] A very pretty free MMO you should check out if you're into free stuff

• sleepdeamonsleepdeamon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    yeah, don't let that scare you, it doesn't have a check system attached to that feild so you can enter any random strong of numbers and it will accept it.

sleepdeamon on
    10552_2e7269f1a1ee28e0.png
    edited February 2008
    It's so very cold and lonely in perfect world right now...

sleepdeamon on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It's so very cold and lonely in perfect world right now...
    when you´re like me and just want to grind some mobs this quietness is nice, there´s significantly less furries now. :P But yeah, can´t wait for this whole thing to be fixed.

Aldo on
  • intelnaviintelnavi Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    If someone is on tonight, can I get an invite. Name is Sinwalker. Thanks in advance.

intelnavi on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Dang, now I wish I had checked earlier, sorry man.

I will try when I get back from meeting the 1st graders bus.

Seg on
  • BloodMuffinBloodMuffin Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've spent the last hour creating my character... so many options!

BloodMuffin on
    edited February 2008
    yeah, creation is a fun part...if only they had more customizable armor options

sleepdeamon on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    When I last logged in, they said they were rollingout some better lines for the international players to help combat the lag. Said it was in trials and should be online by the end of march.
    That would be nice.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited February 2008
    I'm glad to hear they're working on fixing the problem. They're pretty good at the whole communication thing anyway, I have the nagging suspicion that they just translated the whole game through Babelfish and will translate it properly once they've got the actual game in a decent state.

--

Anyway, I did the first dungeon today with a bunch of 55+ers. Cave of Fire does its name honour; it was volcano of some sort. Anyway, I got the advice to not do anything and let them do the whole killing thing. What they did was rounding up ~20 mobs and AoE'ing them down together. It was pretty awesome and I figured I'd just take some screenshots instead. These were taken ~1 second apart from each other:

instance1.jpg
    instance2.jpg
    instance3.jpg
    instance4.jpg

Aldo on
    edited February 2008
    Did you ever get any Skill Points during that, or was it just 1exp the entire time?

Seg on
    edited February 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    Did you ever get any Skill Points during that, or was it just 1exp the entire time?
    I got some for killing the boss and a few k for finishing the quests there. Oh and a wicked new rank 4 purple weapon with blue glow with 2 sockets.

I was stupid enough to buy one of those fancy gems from the Master of Synthesis for 60k, but they can only be inserted in higher ranked weaponry. D: So now I'm poor again.

Aldo on
  • sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Well, after spending some days perusing the character art from Lineage II, I tried my hand at creating an Orc:
    ElementClient2008-02-2908-46-38-22.jpg

I think I'm ready to fight on the side of Darkness! I just love the versatility of character creation.

sidhaethe on
    edited February 2008
    haha reaaaaad the discriptions first aldo, but yeah i need to find a group for CoF, sinc eI'm lvl 20 now...maby if we say...managed to get more then 1 or 2 people online at once

sleepdeamon on
    edited February 2008
    sidhaethe wrote: »
    Well, after spending some days perusing the character art from Lineage II, I tried my hand at creating an Orc:
    ElementClient2008-02-2908-46-38-22.jpg

I think I'm ready to fight on the side of Darkness! I just love the versatility of character creation.

i would have figured being part angel/god...thingy the wing elves would fight on the side of good

sleepdeamon on
  • sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Actually at some higher level you choose whether to be on the Hell or Heaven faction, so even Elfkin can be(come) evil :).

sidhaethe on
    edited February 2008
    haha reaaaaad the discriptions first aldo, but yeah i need to find a group for CoF, sinc eI'm lvl 20 now...maby if we say...managed to get more then 1 or 2 people online at once
    What you need is a few high levs to run you through. There's usually a few looking for a group, shout out in the World channel if you must. A few lowbies like us will be busy for hours before we would finally reach the final boss.

And yeah, I didn't pay attention to the description. :(

----

Nice avatar sidhaethe. :^:

Aldo on
    edited March 2008
    sidhaethe wrote: »
    Actually at some higher level you choose whether to be on the Hell or Heaven faction, so even Elfkin can be(come) evil :).

really? I didn't even know that, this keeps getting better, I need to hurry up and get my guy up to a more respectable level.

sleepdeamon on
  • The WalrusThe Walrus ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So how big is the file for this? sorry if someone else asked this already.

The Walrus on
    http://wreck-age.net Home of your soon to be favorite post-collapse, dystopian, SF Table Top Strategy game & RPG

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hyacinthgames/a-tabletop-rpg-and-board-games-project-from-chicag
    edited March 2008
    My folder is 2.4GB at the mo'

Aldo on
  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm downloading it right now.

What the fuck is going on here:
    http://www.perfectworld.com.my/downloads/screenshots/002-06.jpg

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
    edited March 2008
    That is a Werebeast transformed into Tigerform, with a Werefox riding the Werebeast. (There is a Snuggle emote where a male character picks up and carries a female character. I have seen Tigerform Werebeasts with a Foxform Werefox riding it.) And I think that giant bird is the Werebeasts flying mount. (I believe that model is paid for with items that are bought with real money.)

Seg on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Whenever we need to go somewhere, I make it a point to get my gf's werefox to ride my tigerform because it's awesome. That kind of interactivity omg furry or not, is still really cool. And I'm pretty sure you can do it with a male of any race to a female of any race, just only the male werebeast can turn into the tiger "mount".
    When you "intimate" or whatever, the werefox will pat the tiger on the head and gives it a scratch on the neck, and the tiger is all "ahh that's nice." Like petting a huge cat.
    It's a neat touch, and it also regains your vigor, which my tiger needs to do his taunt.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited March 2008
    I'm in as Daric. I'm a whopping level 4 at this point. I'm having trouble understanding some stuff but I think I'll get it eventually. I'm a Male Elf Archer by the way.

Daric on
    edited March 2008
    Oh yeah, is there anyway for the armor I get to actually show up on my character?

Daric on
    edited March 2008
    logging on now

sleepdeamon on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Daric wrote: »
    Oh yeah, is there anyway for the armor I get to actually show up on my character?

It should automatically as long as you don't set it to the clothing option?

Frosteey on
    edited March 2008
    Edit: Done

intelnavi on
    edited March 2008
    our server is down : /

edit: ooh it's back up

sleepdeamon on
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ok, so I just installed this to give it a go, can I get an invite for Xandin. Also how the hell do I use my combos?

Norgoth on
    edited March 2008
    invited.

In the skill menu click [new], pick an icon and then drag skills from the skill window to the line in the combo window. Save when done and you can drag your newfound combo to your skillbar for easy use.

Aldo on
    edited March 2008
    Quick question, how do I get the box off ethersword city gate?

Norgoth on
    edited March 2008
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Quick question, how do I get the box off ethersword city gate?

I've been wondering that as well. I've tried jumping off the mountain etc.

intelnavi on
    edited March 2008
    I assume you guys know how to doublejump?

Jump from the mountain slope to the roof, then to the roof in front of the arch where the box is on. Then onto the spire. Move to the edge of the spire just so you don't fall off. Then jump forward to the arch the box is on, time your second jump properly and you can just reach it.

Going back is easier, no fall damaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage.

Aldo on
    edited March 2008
    The Human box is tougher to get to then either of the other two. So far I have done it twice, and both times it took me at least 5 tries.

Seg on
    edited March 2008
    Im guess I have to jump off the stone pillar with the round tower on it, but I fall just short each time.

Norgoth on
    edited March 2008
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Im guess I have to jump off the stone pillar with the round tower on it, but I fall just short each time.
    It takes some timing and moving to just the right spot.

Aldo on
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Can anyone answer a quick question about this game? Why is it free? Is it instanced like Guild Wars? Or is it in a long running open beta? Or is it one of those games that's free, but you have to spend real money to buy some items in the game? Or are they just making this game out of the kindness of their hearts?

Dissociater on
    edited March 2008
    Finally! Whats the best place to go now for quests?

Norgoth on
    edited March 2008
    Can anyone answer a quick question about this game? Why is it free? Is it instanced like Guild Wars? Or is it in a long running open beta? Or is it one of those games that's free, but you have to spend real money to buy some items in the game? Or are they just making this game out of the kindness of their hearts?

Real money for extra items that while cool, are totally unnecessary a la maplestory.

Edit: have you guys seen this (Starter Pack)? http://www.perfectworld.com.my/ann-feat03_starterpack.asp

The website errors out when I try.

intelnavi on
    edited March 2008
    It is free because you can purchase items in game with something called CubiGold, which you can buy ingame from other players who pay real life money for it. Sort of like the Puzzle Pirates Doubloon oceans. (The Malaysian servers are apparently in a testing phase, but I think in Japan and China they are in release.) ((Different models on mounts, clothing, restatting your character, Dolls that cause you to drop nothing if you die while PvPing, Cards that will heal you to full, or fill your mana up, and several other items.))

Finding new quests: open your quest log, and click on the Quest Search button or something like that memorize the coords it gives you, now on your radar at the upper right, you click on one of the buttons it gives you a run down of the nearby NPCs, there is also a spot where you can enter coords, once you do that it asks you to name it, and then a light blue arrow show show up on your screen pointing you towards those coords. Then you can delete those coords by clicking on one of the buttons at the bottom of that pop-up.

Seg on