As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CoH/CoV] Chat: Issue 12 info arrives!

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, take a look at the bottom of the offical boards. there's the dev names and "Moderator(x)". I'll be a number!

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Well that answers that then.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Nocren wrote: »
    For the record, I asked for about 22,500/year. Seems like that's reasonable, right?

I think you may have shortchanged yourself. I could be wrong though.

CyberJackal on
  • DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I would have said 32,000 a year at least. You'll probably need quite a bit more to live in California though.

Drool on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Bare minimum, I can probably get by with 2 grand a month. I was going off my last full time steady job's yearly salary (Navy, E-4/5, over 6 years) which was about 25,000. If anything maybe the small amount will get my foot in the door.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    would anyone mind kicking a 30 day trial my way?

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    There isn't a 30 day trial but there is a 10 day trial I could send you if you PM me your email. If you haven't played in over 90 days I could send you a code that gives you an extra 15 days when you resub.

Arcas on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    HOLY CRAP. I just upgraded my rig, and it's like a whole new game. Went from an AGP 9600 AiW to a PCI-E GeForce 7700gt.

HOLY CRAP

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ya when I first started playing I had a radeon 9800 128mb and a gig of ram. Now I have 2 gigs and an x1950 pro 512mb. It makes a huge difference.

Gear Girl on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I think I'm going to go get an Nvidia card this weekend. I need a new one anyway.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    HOLY CRAP. I just upgraded my rig, and it's like a whole new game. Went from an AGP 9600 AiW to a PCI-E GeForce 7700gt.

HOLY CRAP

Yeah I made a similar move from a 9600 to a GF7900.... night and day.

oh my god. I resubbed to this game on monday and I've had about 20 minutes of free time all week to play. laaaaame

Jasconius on
    edited February 2008
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Yeah I made a similar move from a 9600 to a GF7900.... night and day.

oh my god. I resubbed to this game on monday and I've had about 20 minutes of free time all week to play. laaaaame

That is what you get for having one of those "lives".

Gear Girl on
  • BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So it's official, guys - I canceled my account this morning. WoW just pushes my buttons the right way, what with the exploration and the constant tiny rewards and the variety, oh my the variety.

I'll probably be back whenever teh next huge update happens.

Bitstream on
  • DesaeriesDesaeries Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hey guys, i was thinking of playing CoH/CoV again. Do we have any guilds out there and how hard would it be for me to join?

Desaeries on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    You'll have to make it past the ritual...

Edit:

Just for clarification. Join the PA chat channel. Directions are in the OP. Get to know us a little and ask for an invite into one of our Super groups.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Also, really awkwardly ask for teams for two weeks until people start getting used to you.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • PbPb Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Just ask if teams have any SK room. As long as you aren't completely retarded (HINT: it's better to do too little than too much if you don't know what you're doing) you'll be okay.

Pb on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2008
    I recall seeing a pic of various OMGHUEG bosses with a player for scale. Anyone got that one?

Echo on
    edited February 2008
    Is this it?
    cohsizechartms6.jpg

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited February 2008
    That's the one. :^:

Echo on
    edited February 2008
    By the way, which of the hero/villain sides is the most active for you PA guys?

Echo on
    edited February 2008
    Heroes mostly. Most people have toons in all ranges on both sides. It's not hard to get a team going either way.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited March 2008
    Seems like everyone is always on villains to me.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, things have swung over to villains recently after a long drought. It's finally getting me to get my MM up to 50.

Pb on
  • KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hey there all. Me and my friends have started playing CoV on Pinnacle but were looking to transfer due to the server being pretty 'dead' (dead in the sense that there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of anyone in any of the zones...big part being the pvp zones). What server is the best for PvP? I always see Justice and Victory (I think...I can't think straight atm) in the yellow, but Pinnacle never leaves green. There's four of us all together (All of us at level 27 atm) and we're just looking to bring Team Jaguar to the masses.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I see Freedom and Virtue in the yellow most of the time, with the rest in the green. I played on Pinnacle at launch, but I started over on Virtue recently to play with the PA group.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It seems like it's a lot easier to level in the twenties now than it used to be. Is that just me, or did they ease the curve?

I'm kind of worried what will happen if I resubscribe. I'm already thinking about playing the game when I'm not playing the game.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It seems like it's a lot easier to level in the twenties now than it used to be. Is that just me, or did they ease the curve?

I'm kind of worried what will happen if I resubscribe. I'm already thinking about playing the game when I'm not playing the game.

They did, in fact, ease the entire XP curve.

Someone posted a really good chart explaining the numbers.

Pony on
    edited March 2008
    Shabutie wrote: »
    Hey there all. Me and my friends have started playing CoV on Pinnacle but were looking to transfer due to the server being pretty 'dead' (dead in the sense that there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of anyone in any of the zones...big part being the pvp zones). What server is the best for PvP? I always see Justice and Victory (I think...I can't think straight atm) in the yellow, but Pinnacle never leaves green. There's four of us all together (All of us at level 27 atm) and we're just looking to bring Team Jaguar to the masses.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

I thought I heard the test server was big on PvP, so if that's your main focus you might want to look into that. Other than that though, Freedom and Virtue have the biggest player populations. And we're in Virtue.

CyberJackal on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This is an unofficial chart someone made so it may not be exact.

TestMinions.gif

Having recently done the 22-24 stretch it didn't seem as slow as that chart would suggest.

And, yeah, a lot of people PvP on the test server which is nice because players can just copy their characters (for free) from their home server to test. The only downside, if you look at it as one, is test PvPers are ultra twinked out since Enhancements transfer over as well and you can copy multiple versions of a character. This makes it so, with respecs and a lot of time, you can get copies of any enhancements you own on live. The other downside is test is sometimes blocked off to all but a few select testers. This usually only happens for about two weeks when a new Issue hits test.
    I *think* Virtue's PvP community is suppose to be pretty good, I know Ghost PvPed a lot.

Accualt on
    edited March 2008
    I went into Siren's Call one time with Japh. Never again.

Gear Girl on
    edited March 2008
    Speaking of the leveling curve, I finally got Aeronautrix to 50. One last respec and I can put her away for a while. However, I do have both the Lord Recluse AV mission and the Possessed Scientist farm mission if anyone ever wants to do either.

Pb on
    edited March 2008
    Pb wrote: »
    Speaking of the leveling curve, I finally got Aeronautrix to 50. One last respec and I can put her away for a while. However, I do have both the Lord Recluse AV mission and the Possessed Scientist farm mission if anyone ever wants to do either.

Did you do Viridian yet?

Gear Girl on
    edited March 2008
    I still have it on my Brute, actually. But with Oroburos I don't think it matters that much anymore.

Pb on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Does Ouro let you do Viridian?

Scooter on
    edited March 2008
    Actually, that's a good question. I thought it let you do pretty much anything that was basic and hidden arcs if you had done them, although I've never tested the second part.

Pb on
    edited March 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    Does Ouro let you do Viridian?

I don't see why it wouldn't, as long as you have him unlocked.

CyberJackal on
    edited March 2008
    So how does this Ouroboros thing work? There doesn't seem to be any faqs or anything on it.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
    edited March 2008
    So how does this Ouroboros thing work? There doesn't seem to be any faqs or anything on it.

Level 25 and having done some form of time travel related mission gets you the portal. If not you can piggyback off someone elses. Then you go to the enclave through the portal and there is one regular arc as well as 4 TF/SFs for 1-8 people. Also you can click on the pillar of ice and flame and do old story arcs that are in the level bracket(s) below you. The level brackets are basically a range of 5 levels with the exception of the first one which is 1-16 I believe.

Gear Girl on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I should probably do some more of the end game villain content. My old PC just couldn't handle Grandeville so I skipped most of it and used the RWZ to get Jotun to 50.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
This discussion has been closed.