As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Photoshop Thread: Bad Videogames

AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in Games and Technology
New theme time?
titmouse wrote: »
Yes. I want a bad videogame photoshop contest.

I mean, I guess this is a theme.

Let me contribute...

59058largeyz0.jpg

Accualt on

• Vicious_GSRVicious_GSR Dude Principality of ZeonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Do you want us to show pictures of bad videogames?

If so.

256px-wow_box_art1.jpg

Vicious_GSR on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    No, no. This is the new photoshop thread and titmouse wanted to do bad games.

So, like...change the name to Whore of Warcraft, give the nightelf over the top makeup, and make the dwarf look like a pimp.

Accualt on
    edited February 2008
    Accualt wrote: »

So, like...change the name to Whore of Warcraft, give the nightelf over the top makeup, and make the dwarf look like a pimp.

Well, I don't really want to do that.

So how about this?

wiiabortjt1.jpg

Vicious_GSR on
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Let's get the easy one out of the way,
    shad2on5.jpg

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    edited February 2008
    notbraintraingr4.jpg

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    agoaj wrote: »
    shad2on5.jpg

Brilliant

bruin on
  • Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Accualt wrote: »

Well, I don't really want to do that.

So how about this?

wiiabortjt1.jpg

Oh god

EDIT:

Mine -
    halo3.jpg

Mr Bubbles on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It was less fuzzy before Photobucket got a hold of it, but...

blob.jpg

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    agoaj wrote: »
    shad2on5.jpg

This is simply terrifying.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited February 2008
    dobbsav1.jpg

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • imbalancedimbalanced Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This definitely took too much time to create. Yet I still love it as one of my own.

wii-MJ-boxart.jpg

imbalanced on
    idc-sig.png
    Wii Code: 1040-1320-0724-3613 :!!:
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    rrodfj0.jpg

LewieP on
    edited February 2008
    armyof2lg2.jpg

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Damn it agoaj I would play that game.

Einhander on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oh god instead of grenades you can throw Gary into a crowd of people and kill them all.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Those movie to game conversions never come out like one would hope they would.

denton_full_of_grace_small.png

Spoiler for those who don't get the reference... just in case. ;)
    The movie:
    Maria-Full-of-Grace-DVD.jpg

Turned game!

deus_ex_cover.jpg

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Behold, the inevitable, made in MS Paint because I don't have Photoshop but still wish to express myself.

f_halO4m_0ea23e4.jpg

I know, it's not great, but it's really late here and I'm not thinking clearly. Also, I dislike the game too much to parody it in a sensible fashion.

Terrendos on
    edited March 2008
    Alternatively, Shadow the Spartan.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    474px-B_CustersRevenge_front.jpg

uhhh, wait a minute..

Recoil42 on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Behold, the inevitable, made in MS Paint because I don't have Photoshop but still wish to express myself.

f_halO4m_0ea23e4.jpg

I know, it's not great, but it's really late here and I'm not thinking clearly. Also, I dislike the game too much to parody it in a sensible fashion.
    There is no shame in resorting to MS Paint. That's what I did uppage. As long as it's funny, it'll pull its weight regardless of the medium used. Hell, I've done all-text image contest entries before (not at this forum, but still) and got up amongst the top contenders. And I'm not talking what I did here. I am talking a TV Guide parody, three columns of nothing but black text on white background. It was only an 'image' by name, and nobody gave a damn because it got some of the biggest laughs of the thread.

tl;dr: Make it funny and nobody gives a shit how you made it.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    jt.png

Invisible on
    edited March 2008
    One more.

bn.png

Invisible on
  • mogdemonmogdemon Kansas, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Invisible wrote: »
    jt.png

Instead of merely crossing out "Ace" you should also add the word "Asshole" and it would be terrifyingly perfect.

mogdemon on
    apotheos wrote:
    You ever wonder exactly how many magic mushrooms the average japanese game studio design team consumes in a year?
    just got a 3ds! 3454-0598-2000
  • warmepwarmep Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    bajmgaabb.jpg

For those of you not familiar with Team Roomba: YouTube

And for those who are using mspaint and don't necessarily want to, use these great free programs Paint.NET or GIMP.

warmep on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sometimes I have the most horrible dreams. Or maybe they are real. Do dead men dream?
  • CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    mogdemon wrote: »
    jt.png

Instead of merely crossing out "Ace" you should also add the word "Asshole" and it would be terrifyingly perfect.

Just visualizing it in my head, I think it should either be replacing "Ace" with "Asshole" completely, or just leaving "Ace' crossed out as it is with nothing else. At any rate though, what was made is really funny.

Cervetus on
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Cervetus wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]

Just visualizing it in my head, I think it should either be replacing "Ace" with "Asshole" completely, or just leaving "Ace' crossed out as it is with nothing else. At any rate though, what was made is really funny.

Wasn't he disbarred, though? So technically you could strikethrough the whole thing.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Kupi wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]

Wasn't he disbarred, though? So technically you could strikethrough the whole thing.

Cross out Ace and put EX- in big red letters instead. :D

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited March 2008
    necroqk9.jpg

This is the original idea I had...
    necroffwx8.jpg

Vicious_GSR on
    edited March 2008
    Kupi wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]

I updated the image.

Invisible on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Vicious that tagline at the bottom made me laugh way more than it should have.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2008
    Htown wrote: »
    Vicious that tagline at the bottom made me laugh way more than it should have.

Original Tagline: 'Love is over'

Vicious_GSR on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Uh, I'm pretty sure Jack hasn't been disbarred yet; that particular trial is still ongoing.

Undead Scottsman on
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    kennelgg9.jpg

I would apologize for this being in poor taste but we've already got Michael Jackson dress up and some kind of necrophilia game in the thread so this almost seems tame. Not that animal abuse is less bad than either of those things. They're all pretty fucked up shit.

edit: Also, my sig. I'm not making a cover out of it though. Use your imagination.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    meatflower wrote: »
    Iwata
    Miyamoto-san, you’re known for repeatedly creating games based on your hobbies, such as Pikmin for example, which was based on your hobby of pottering around the garden, and Nintendogs, which was based on when you first kept a pet dog. With Kennel Manager, you’ve managed to incorporate your interest in blood sports into a product.

Miyamoto
    So I have! (laughs)
    I’ve been told in the past that it’s better not to mix my hobbies with my work, or that it’s best not to try and make something I know intimately into a product, and I actually agreed with those notions at the time. However the simple fact remains that concepts like Nintendogs and Kennel Manager work very well as games, and I’m glad that I was able to be involved in their development while maintaining a customer’s point of view.

Iwata
    Well then, to get us started I’d like to ask you about your hobbies. What was it that got you interested in dog fighting?

Miyamoto
    You know, this is likely to lead in to quite a long story, is that all right?

Iwata
    Be my guest! (laughs)

Miyamoto
    Up until now, there have been numerous times when I’ve become aware of blood lust. For example, when I graduated from university and joined the company, I ended up putting killing a few interns. We were so busy back then, and I’d say things like "The only thing I look forward to is having a killing an intern and burying his body"...

Iwata
    So you were pulling long hours, and having the occasional murder on the side? (laughs)

Miyamoto
    Precisely! (laughs) It continued along those lines, but then I got married and had less time to satiate my blood lust... So, eventually it dawned on me that this was no good, and once I turned 40, I decided to just have my dogs fight each other. It is much easier than killing interns.
    01.jpg

Couscous on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    (image snipped)

I would apologize for this being in poor taste but we've already got Michael Jackson dress up and some kind of necrophilia game in the thread so this almost seems tame. Not that animal abuse is less bad than either of those things. They're all pretty fucked up shit.

edit: Also, my sig. I'm not making a cover out of it though. Use your imagination.

I thought it was hilarious, if it helps ;)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited March 2008
    Titmouse, this is a PHOTOSHOP contest.
    You're going to need about 1000 words

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    titmouse you are my god

bruin on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    All of you are heroes. <3

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    titmouse wrote: »
    Iwata
    Miyamoto-san, you’re known for repeatedly creating games based on your hobbies, such as Pikmin for example, which was based on your hobby of pottering around the garden, and Nintendogs, which was based on when you first kept a pet dog. With Kennel Manager, you’ve managed to incorporate your interest in blood sports into a product.

Miyamoto
    So I have! (laughs)
    I’ve been told in the past that it’s better not to mix my hobbies with my work, or that it’s best not to try and make something I know intimately into a product, and I actually agreed with those notions at the time. However the simple fact remains that concepts like Nintendogs and Kennel Manager work very well as games, and I’m glad that I was able to be involved in their development while maintaining a customer’s point of view.

Iwata
    Well then, to get us started I’d like to ask you about your hobbies. What was it that got you interested in dog fighting?

Miyamoto
    You know, this is likely to lead in to quite a long story, is that all right?

Iwata
    Be my guest! (laughs)

Miyamoto
    Up until now, there have been numerous times when I’ve become aware of blood lust. For example, when I graduated from university and joined the company, I ended up putting killing a few interns. We were so busy back then, and I’d say things like "The only thing I look forward to is having a killing an intern and burying his body"...

Iwata
    So you were pulling long hours, and having the occasional murder on the side? (laughs)

Miyamoto
    Precisely! (laughs) It continued along those lines, but then I got married and had less time to satiate my blood lust... So, eventually it dawned on me that this was no good, and once I turned 40, I decided to just have my dogs fight each other. It is much easier than killing interns.
    http://us.wii.com/wii-fit/iwata_asks/vol1/01.jpg

miyamototf9.jpg

I spent far too much time on this. Not hiragana gibberish, probably not 100% grammatically correct though.
    Miyamoto Kennel Manager 2008
    Upper left: Cute
    Lower left: Abuse

Props to Google Image Search for producing this somewhat disturbing image from "Miyamoto dog".

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • CaspianXCaspianX Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Quick 'n easy:

Britney01.gif

Originally, I thought I should probably Photoshop a baby in there, but then I thought about it and said, "You know, it'd actually be more accurate without one".

CaspianX on
    sigv2a.gif
This discussion has been closed.