As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Lego Halo

VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
edited March 2008 in Games and Technology
In the newest, April edition of EGM there is an article about Halo being remade into Lego by Bungie. The article itself is really well done, but my question to you great PAers.

Is it one of the greatest April Fools jokes, or the greatest game?

My brain says joke, my heart says game.

Veevee on

• bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's a joke, but that is a fantastic idea

bruin on
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    APRIL

That said, it would be a cool idea. If they can do Lego Star Wars, Lego Batman, and Lego Indiana Jones, I don't really see Lego halo as being a terribly huge stretch.

Shit, half of the original Halo's levels were basically just the same room built out of Legos anyway, right? :roll:

Einhander on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well, it'd be great.

Maybe.

Local H Jay on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You know Halo 3 was great but I'm so sick of halo at the moment. We dont need Halo lego, or even halo wars.

it was once a great series which I think is going to get whored out so much now.

The_Scarab on
    edited March 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    You know Halo 3 was great but I'm so sick of halo at the moment. We dont need Halo lego, or even halo wars.

it was once a great series which I think is going to get whored out so much now.

I feel the same way

Then I imagine an ODST tactical squad-based shooter and I really don't care how much they whore it out

bruin on
  • DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    bruin wrote: »

I feel the same way

Then I imagine an ODST tactical squad-based shooter and I really don't care how much they whore it out

Halo: Republic Commando?

That said, I think EGM dropped the ball here in regards to an April Fools joke? I mean, seriously. March? That's way too close to April. People can easily spot an April Fools joke if you release it in the same year as April. Now what they should have done is run this in like mid-July of 06. That would really throw the people looking for April Fools 2008 jokes for a loop.

Dartboy on
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    Seeing as Lego does not have an existing Halo line its clearly a joke.

But I'd probably play that.

Well...maybe if its cheap or Lego Indiana Jones is amazing. Because honestly by the end of Episode VI I was a little tired of the Lego Star Wars mechanic.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

I feel the same way

This is what I've always fantasized about, If you have read the books the Spartans move in squads and it is a very tactical setting...dear god if they did the fall of reach setting with tactical game play I would gizim everywhere!

Dixon on
  • Mr PeepersMr Peepers Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Too unbelievable to be a good joke.

Now excuse me, I have to go back to waiting for Mushroom Kingdom Hearts.

Mr Peepers on
  • MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Mushroom Kingdom Hearts!:x

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Shooter McgavinShooter Mcgavin Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

I feel the same way

You guys can feel sick of Halo if you want to, but honestly, how is it being overexposed in any way? There have been 3 games in the last six years, zero spinoffs. If you're already sick of Halo, how can you even stomach Mario?

Shooter Mcgavin on
    banner.gif
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think we can all agree more games need to be LEGOised.

LewieP on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    edited March 2008
    ODST?

These dudes

bruin on
  • BoxBox Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

I feel the same way

You guys can feel sick of Halo if you want to, but honestly, how is it being overexposed in any way? There have been 3 games in the last six years, zero spinoffs. If you're already sick of Halo, how can you even stomach Mario?

Mario is, like, a brand. Or something. I'm okay with it for some reason.

Box on
  • NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    apotheos wrote: »
    Seeing as Lego does not have an existing Halo line its clearly a joke.

Halo Lego line to be produced with the game confirmed.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You know how Think Geek did the 8-bit tie as an April Fool's joke, then everyone that saw it demanded they make it into an actual product?

I'm hoping that's how this turns out.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Mature rated product to be turned into Legos. I find that to be highly unlikely.

Lord knows I'd buy a Lego Warthog, though.

And I'm all for the pimping out of the Halo universe as long as we get varied products, not just rehashed FPS titles. I applaud Halo Wars. Speaking of where the hell is it? The release date was set for April but we haven't heard, or at least I haven't, jack all about the game. It wasn't even at GDC, was it?

Accualt on
    edited March 2008
    Last I heard expect something big at e3 for Halo Wars with a release date soon after.

(Bringing it home demo)

The_Scarab on
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Mr Peepers wrote: »
    Too unbelievable to be a good joke.

Now excuse me, I have to go back to waiting for Mushroom Kingdom Hearts.

That was an April Fools Joke??O_o NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

It's sad that, at times, editors looking for a laugh can make an April Fools Joke more awesome than anything though up untill that moment...

When they did the "WW remake with TP graphics" joke, I lost all sence of sanity and called almost all of my friends and told them about this, before realizing the truth, and calling them all back...

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I hate bad April fools jokes.

Bad April fools jokes are things which could be completely true, present in a factual way, in print magazines which are not just readable on the 1st of April.

Good April fools jokes are on web sites on the 1st of April (and kept up afterwards, with a disclaimer at the top) and written in a way that initially sounds legitimate, but slowly descends into insanity, in a preferably funny way, like the Duke Nukem Forever preview that said it had Guns and Roses "Chinese Democracy" on the soundtrack.

Rumours about Sonic being in SSBM are not funny a month before and/or after April the 1st.

LewieP on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Actually, Duke Nukem Forever featuring Chinese Democracy would be fucking awesome.

Gorilla Salad on
  • RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    At this point, the only good April fools joke would be one where they announce something really absurd or unbelievable (i.e. a Duke Nukem Forever release date) and then later reveal that they were actually telling the truth.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    April Fools Day = worst holiday ever.

Anyways, the world needs a Lego BattleTech game like nothing else.

lego-templar2.jpglego-mw4ArcticWolf1.jpglego-MWDA-BehemothII-1.jpg

(from http://www.brickcommander.com/)

Orogogus on
  • PredatorPredator __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    And I'm all for the pimping out of the Halo universe as long as we get varied products, not just rehashed FPS titles. I applaud Halo Wars. Speaking of where the hell is it? The release date was set for April but we haven't heard, or at least I haven't, jack all about the game. It wasn't even at GDC, was it?

dont really get your hopes up too high.
    From the gameplay video it looks like its A) buchering the halo cannon/universe and B) going to be a very very very subpar RTS.

A halo RTS makes me want it to be like Dawn of War or Company of Heros. Instead we're getting watered down Tiberian Dawn - halo edition.

Predator on
    1330my4.jpg
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This is my opinion of EGM:

a) Don't believe anything they publish in their April issue.
    b) Also don't believe anything they publish in their January, February, March, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, or December issues.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Drez wrote: »

b) Also don't believe anything they publish in their January, February, March, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, or December issues.

But Smarch is the month of truth.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Given the current Lego Franchise trend, I'm suprised we haven't already had a Nintendo Lego series of toys.

Think about it, Zelda castles, Metroid spaceships, Mario's land is already made of blocks!

Also:

tingle.jpg

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    scan ahoy

(click the picture)

MrDelish on
    edited March 2008
    Haha who the fuck would believe that in the first place?

Edit: Oh god, apparently not only the site but half the fucking halo 3 forums too. How gullible.

The_Scarab on
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Those screenshots don't look remotely convincing. Kinda lame.

That said, if it were true, I'd buy it. The Halo universe could use a more lighthearted, just-fun game.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
  • rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Why do people like the Lego games? I played Lego Star Wars and the whole game was just walking around hitting the attack button over and over again with occasional jumping.

rayofash on
  • ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I love how their April issue comes out in March

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

But Smarch is the month of truth.

Smarch? Ugh.... Lousy Smarch weather :x !
    MrDelish wrote: »
    scan ahoy

(click the picture)
    Apparently we were taken in by the most elaborate EGM Aprils's Fools day joke ever.

*facepalm*

rayofash on
  • DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Arcibi wrote: »

I'll admit to being caught by an EGM April Fool's joke once. But in my defense, I read the article in mid-February.

Dartboy on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Arcibi wrote: »

Thats how it always works with magazines.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I heard this is coming out right after that steampunk zelda!!!

Totally stoked.

Pemulis on
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    What could have been.

Spoilered for W x D
    warthog.jpg

Waka Laka on
  • citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

I feel the same way

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me, either.

picture-1.png

halo3-mountaindew.jpg

halo-3-mountain-dew.jpg

In other news, I'm still totally AMP'd that Halo 3 won the "Most Addictive Game Fueled by Dew" category at the Spike Video Game Awards.

citizen059 on