I had an idea stemming in a stream of conciousness type way from the name of the Scrull Draft thread. If you were to be named general manager of a superhero franchise (like in the sports team sense) in either Marvel or DC who would you draft to your squad? Assume you have to stay in the same universe for all picks and use an established team for your franchise....think of it like comic book fantasy football.
For example if I were to draft a stable for X-men....
1) Cable- He would serve as my team leader and I would go the more pro-active X-force model for the X-men as appossed to the wait until the people who hate us come knocking philosophy.
2) Gambit- I always like this guy, he has stealth, power, and the flexible morality needed to get the job done the way my X-men would.
3) Pheonix/Marvel-Girl - The Racheal Gray NOT Jean, Nice power selection, good character interactions with her sort of brother, and she is sorely in need of being put front in center in the main franchise for a lengthy run.
4) Wolverine- I know he is way over used, but I cant really picture the flagship book not having him around, plus his inability to get along with Cable and Gambit would make some nice tense moments.
5) Psylocke- Sexy somtimes asian ninja babe...nuff said... just let her be the character from the Jim Lee era and do away with all the crap they heaped on her since.
6) Forge - He is there to be technical, mystical, tactical support...seldom a field operative but always in their ear ala Oracle in DCU
7) Longshot - Always liked him and I think he is due for another shot, could see some cool fight scenes with him and Gambit, and he could give the book a little humor that it would otherwise probably lack.
8) M- I like Monet as a character for one, and I really like the idea of the team strong man being a strong woman instead.
I think this would make a cool book...and is a strong enough team to hold down the flagship title with the added bonus of not using the old mainstays.
Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.