As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX Magical Mystery Tour, August 27th-28th (LOCATION VOTING IN PROGRESS)

VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in PAX Archive
UPDATE: (05/02/2008 10:54pm PST) As you can see, the poll is here. Vote for as many destinations as you want to go to, but try to limit it to ONLY the ones you REALLY want to go to (so we can get some good stats on what everyone wants to do). We'll have a second phase of voting for the locations that are closer to Pike Place, but this phase is for the "out of town/further away from Pike Place" day.

Click the following link to examine the potential locations on a Google Map! Click Here to check them out.

Also, we are having a LAST CALL for potential new locations! Check the map above to see what we're currently considering. If you have one that you'd like to go to, add it to the potential pool before voting begins at the end of the week!

Lastly, I was apparently the last person to know that Wizards of the Coast closed down their Game Center four years ago, in 2008. I took it off the list... but damn, I really wanted to go there. =)

About the Pre-PAX Magical Mystery Tour!

What you'll need:

* The Wednesday and Thursday before PAX (August 27th and 28th), though just the 27th will be fine if you want to hit in-town destinations.
* Spending money for trinkets/admission into museums/attractions (how much? I'll pull together an estimate if people are interested and once we pull together the complete list of where we'd be going)
* Some good walking shoes
* Fearlessness in the face of carpooling, or being carpooled if you don't have a car

Where We'll Go: (List updated as good ideas come up)

Click Here to check them out on a Google Map with prices and links to the website

* The Boeing Museum of Flight

* Boeing Factory Tour

* Space Needle

* Pike's Place

* The Digipen campus

* The Sci-Fi Museum

* Seattle Underground (Just found out about it, apparently very cool)

* Seattle Public Library (Supposedly, Seattle's library is amazing and/or extraordinary... or so I'm told... before you say "what? A library?" check out this pretty cool link)

* Jimi Hendrix Memorial

* Pacific Science Center

* Experience Music Project

* Seattle Aquarium

* Seattle Art Museum

* Pioneer Square

* Pacific Science Center

* Columbia Tower viewpoint

* (Removed WOTC Game Center from list: Supposedly it died back in 2004... ugh)

Current People who have expressed Interest:

IF YOU ARE ON THIS LIST, please specify if you're planning on bringing your car to the Seattle area for PAX. If you are, state the number of seats you'll have available in your car (discounting others that you'll be taking with you by default) if you're willing to drive others.

Drivers:

* Bambooza (w/3 others) - driver (up to 5 people)
* ashridah - potential driver (up to 3 people)
* M0nk3y523 (w/2 others) - driver (up to 3 people)
* Vthornheart (w/1 other) - driver (up to 2 people)

Total available seats: 13

Drivees:

* Horseman85 - Needs ride
* Snickers - Needs ride
* casper702 - Needs ride
* Hypatia (w/1 other) - Needs ride
* Cynic Jester - Needs ride
* will_cut_grass_for_rupees - Needs ride

Total dedicated passengers: 7

Unknown:

* LewiePs Mummy (w/1 other) - ? ride
* s7arbuck - ? ride

Total unknown: 3

TOTAL MEMBERSHIP TO DATE: 19

The Important Information:

* WHEN the tourist group will take place
There will be two days for this event, divided by where the destinations are:

* Destinations outside of Downtown Seattle: Wednesday, August 27th (All Day)

* Destinations within Downtown Seattle: Thursday, August 27th (morning to mid afternoon)

* WHERE we'll meet
This has yet to be determined. More than likely we'd either all meet in a central area that drivers and non-drivers can get to easily (like downtown, where public transit can get you there in a pinch).

An alternative idea would be to have the drivers start the morning by picking up designated non-drivers from their hotels and bringing them to the first destination, but this has all yet to be discussed.

* HOW we'll get there
This has yet to be determined. Carpooling is the most obvious choice, with Public Transit being almost desirable (though possibly not practical for reaching areas outside of Seattle).

More than likely, we will end up carpooling: which means non-drivers should be prepared to share gas cost with drivers. We'll organize that as it gets closer.

* WHAT places we're going to
See above for the current list of possible locations.

* HOW MUCH will all of the activities cost?
I'll compile that information once we have a firm list of where we all want to go.

If we went to all of the current intended destinations (which we won't be, we have to drop some from the list of course), then without a Multi-destination pass it would cost one person $124 not counting gas (or bus fees if needed), food, merchandise, and parking.

When location voting begins, one should take the price of the location into account (if that is a factor for you). To ease this, the google map of locations lists the entry fee for each location as well as the address and website.

The multi-destination passes (such as GO Seattle and CityPass) will help to aleviate this cost, as will the pairing down of actual destinations (as we couldn't possibly hit all of our intended destinations in one and a half days). Expect the final cost to be less expensive, but remember to account for your own food/gas/parking/bus fees.

* HOW DO I JOIN?
PM me if you want to be added to the list of people interested in going on the tourist group. Include whether or not you have a car that you'd be willing to use in the carpool, and how many people you can seat. If you won't have a car with you, be sure to tell me that too.

Examining "Multi-Pass" discount cards for the tour

Currently, CityPass seems to be the best deal, even though GO Seattle provides more locations in its package and has more perks. This all assumes that we're going to *all* of the intended destinations (which obviously, after the voting phase is completed, we won't... I'll be re-examining the usefulness of these passes at that time).

Below is some notes I wrote down about the passes as I was reading about them:

- CityPass
- Tours for free:
- Seattle Aquarium
- Argosy Cruise
- Pacific Science Center
- Museum of Flight OR Experience Music Project/Sci Fi Museum (Choose ONE)
- Extra perks of note:
- Also gives Woodland Park Zoo (not on tour, but free w/CityPass)
- Cost:
- $44.00 (valid for 9 days)
- Savings:
- 14$ Savings total on official tour destinations
- Assumes you go to all tour destinations
- Go Seattle Card
- Tours for free:
- Space Needle
- Experience Music Project/Sci Fi Museum
- Pacific Science Center
- Future of Flight/Boeing Tour
- Underground Tour
- Boeing Museum of Flight
- Argosy Lakes Harbor Cruise (but NOT the Aquarium itself)
- Extra perks of note:
- Provides half off at Gameworks ($20 game card for $10)
- 10% savings at most museum stores that are on tour
- Free half day bike rental from Recycled Cycles
- There's a crapload of other extras
- Many, many other tours that aren't part of
our "official" tour (Safeco field, other cruises)
- Free guidebook
- Cost:
- $54.99 (1 day)
- $74.99 (2 days)
- Savings:
- 12$ Savings for two day Pass
- 4$ Savings for downtown day pass
- lose money for out of town day pass

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
VThornheart on

• Options
    SoupsSoups Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I've always wanted to take a tour of NoA HQ, but not if it takes a significant amount of time away from enjoying PAX.

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Ideally, I'd like to see it done perhaps the day before PAX. Most people who're coming for all 3 days will likely be coming into town the day before, which means either (A) sitting in your hotel room, (B) trying to find something else to do, or now (C) Going on the quasi-official NoA PAX tour? Hmm...

(If, of course, such a thing is possible)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    While I'm not trying to dissuade you, be advised that Thursday is the day of the Pre-PAX dinner, Movie Raid and/or musical performace crash, and I think something else that I'm forgetting... (SE++ alternative dinner doesn't count. That's almost a completely different community.)

It also would have to be during business hours, and I think most people get into town in the late afternoon, so such tours would probably be limited to mostly locals.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Oh, good point... though maybe if people were really into the idea, they could try to get in during the morning/noontime so they could go on the tour before the pre-PAX dinner?

Or maybe we could try holding it that Monday if they'd be willing to do a tour, for people who didn't mind taking one more day off of work. =)

I haven't heard about the Movie Raid either... I'll have to look that one up. =) (EDIT: Eh, can't find any info on a google search... what's the Movie Raid entail, and what time of day is it at?)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    To quote my comment on this subject from the other thread...
    Snickers wrote: »
    Also, just across the river in Redmond is the Microsoft and Nintendo of America headquarters. I imagine some kind of tour could theoretically be arranged... I've got to look into that myself though, I'll let you know if it can be done and how if I manage to get one. =)

Speaking of Nintendo of America's HQ, guess who works there? I do, I do!

Not that it will help you, I'm just a lowly peon that works in the basement warehouse. But I don't know about a tour, unless you have a group. We have tours run through, but they usually look like either a foreign group touring through, or some business group. If a bunch of people got together and tried, they might spring for it, not sure though.

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    You also mentioned that you were up for WoTC, which got me thinking... this could potentially evolve into not just a Pre-PAX tour, but a pre-PAX Vacation tour group!

We could hit:

* Microsoft
    * Nintendo
    * Wizards of the Coast
    * Standard Tourist Spots (if desired)
    * Gameworks
    * The Sci Fi Museum (as Snickers suggested in the other thread)
    * Whatever else people wanted to see
    * The Pre-PAX Dinner
    * And, of course, PAX =)

People who wanted to join the Pre-PAX tour would likely have to come a couple of days early to hit all the sights (which, due to job/money restrictions, many sadly wouldn't be able to)... but those of us who could would have a blast. =)

I'm already pretty much locked in to taking all of my vacation (and some I accrued from not going on vacation last year) at that time anyways, because my wedding anniversary, my wife's birthday, and PAX are (A) all in the same three week time period, and (B) will all now be spent in the Seattle area. =) So if you need someone to organize such a group, I'll be in the area, on vacation, and potentially bored anyways. =)

EDIT: Okay, I'm going to try and find out who to contact at Nintendo right now, to start with. Maybe the fact that I dived into the world's largest bowl of Pasta dressed as Mario to help them promote Mario Sunshine will help to nudge them in our direction, if being from PAX won't do it already...? Keep your fingers crossed. =)

EDIT 2: Aw, nutter. Apparently "Nintendo does not provide tours of its facilities. This is due to insurance regulations as well as the confidential nature of the video game industry.

That said, if you happen to be near our Redmond, Washington campus and decide to stop by, be sure to visit our Customer Service walk-in counter. Our street address is 4900 150th Ave NE, Redmond, WA, 98052. If you bring a camera, you are welcome to take your picture with our Pikachu or Mario statues. You may also purchase from a limited selection of Nintendo merchandise, play games on a couple of store display units, or view a brief history of our company and products.

Please note that our Customer Service walk-in counter is open from Monday-Saturday 9am-6pm (closed Sundays and most major holidays)."

But you said you've seen people on tours, right? Maybe they just say this to people. =) I'm going to give it a shot anyways, just in case they might want to be a part of the PAX goodness indirectly. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Well I've seen people walking through the warehouse and other buildings and the employee store with visitor badges on. I'm thinking its more of a corporate thing. Dunno though. Let me know what you find out.

I am totally up for this "Pre-PAX Tour Group" idea! I'll be working that week probably, at least until Thursday. But as I get off at 4:15 PM every day, I have some time to hang out and go running around.

The question is, is there more people interested in this idea?

Snickers on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    A very good question... Anyone else up for it? =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    SoupsSoups Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ugh. I'm pretty devoted to CCST, so I don't think I'd make it there in time. If it were a Post-PAX Tour, I'd be more than willing to give it a shot.

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    uhhh why would you want to tour microsoft?

We dont really give tours becuase the campus is so spread out and in multiple locations... Theres a visitor center near 148th and 40th in redmond... I probably just dont find it special because every day there :P

If you guys like come on tuesday-Wednesday I might be able to give you a tour of the Millennium campus where all the xbox stuff happens but that might be a tad early :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    BigRed wrote: »

We dont really give tours becuase the campus is so spread out and in multiple locations... Theres a visitor center near 148th and 40th in redmond... I probably just dont find it special because every day there :P

If you guys like come on tuesday-Wednesday I might be able to give you a tour of the Millennium campus where all the xbox stuff happens but that might be a tad early :P

See, THAT'S the kind of stuff we want to see!

Awesome, do you work on the X-Box stuff? Neat!

What I'm envisioning is turning this into a "Pre-Pax Vacation" thing... so people who're willing to take a full week off of work (instead of just that weekend) could come and go on some extended pre-PAX tours... or something. =)

Do we have to do anything special to get a tour, or do you have the permissions necessary to let a group of fans in for a lookaround? =) That would be awesome!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    I already take a full week off... just most of it is driving.

edit: personally I don't see a point to touring Nintendo or Microsoft since both of them will be at PAX in their full glory. There's probably more interesting stuff from either company at PAX than there is on whatever tours they would give around their facility.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    idk... I'll bet you that Nintendo is going to have it's same setup that it has last year.

Microsoft, ya know, I never really went to their booth for some odd reason.

So if something different is the idea, then it might be good.

Then it might be like the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and not worth my time or money.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    True... thought it might be interesting though. =)

I mean, you guys have no desire to see where it happens? The conference rooms, the cubicles and such? Maybe I'm weird... but I want to see it. =)

I went to Nihilistic Studios a few times (they were the guys that were going to do Starcraft: Ghost), and it was awesome. They had built their studio in an old aircraft hanger, and there was all sorts of mock-up figures lying around for artists, prototype promotional materials that never ended up seeing the light of day lying around, development systems scattered about, and other fun things.

But if not them, we could still hit up something like the Wizards of the Coast building, or some of the standard issue tourist spots as a group.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I went to Nihilistic Studios a few times (they were the guys that were going to do Starcraft: Ghost), and it was awesome. They had built their studio in an old aircraft hanger, and there was all sorts of mock-up figures lying around for artists, prototype promotional materials that never ended up seeing the light of day lying around, development systems scattered about, and other fun things.

Most places aren't like that. MS is in office buildings, and I suspect NOA is the same way.

I agree with Red, I can't see how this would be interesting in the least.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Maybe we should change the title to "Pre or post PAX tour group" or something?

Snickers on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Well right now nobody could really show you much at the Millennium campus (xbox). A few buildings may be now deemed off limits to general visitors. The only interesting stuff there is in the secure labs. I have access to my lab and a few others but I couldn't bring you guys in there :P

BigRed on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Microsoft also has a Museum (or they did a decade ago when I went there)...

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Ah, understandable.

Yeah, I suppose not all studios can be as neat as Nihilistic. =)

But what do you guys think of going to the other places, like WoTC?

And... how do I change the title of the thread? =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Microsoft also has a Museum (or they did a decade ago when I went there)...

Its in the visitors center.

BigRed on
  • Options
    NorthNorth Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Unfortunately Nintendo doesn't do public tours. You basically have to know someone who works for Nintendo (not their temp companies) to get a tour and those tours are generally small groups from what I saw.

North on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    BigRed wrote: »

See, THAT'S the kind of stuff we want to see!

Awesome, do you work on the X-Box stuff? Neat!

What I'm envisioning is turning this into a "Pre-Pax Vacation" thing... so people who're willing to take a full week off of work (instead of just that weekend) could come and go on some extended pre-PAX tours... or something. =)

Do we have to do anything special to get a tour, or do you have the permissions necessary to let a group of fans in for a lookaround? =) That would be awesome!

VTThornheart, I admire your enthusiasm. It reminds me of how excited I was last year. However, you are severely underestimating how much time you'll be spending at PAX08, and how utterly exhausted you will be by the time it's over. Also, once you're there - you totally won't WANT to be anyplace else but the WSCTC. I know it sounds crazy, but I'd advise PLENTY of rest on Wed/Thurs...do the PrePAX movie (we pick a movie and PAX goers invade a specific showing MST3K style) and/or the dinner. Maybe spend some time at Gameworks or wander around downtown that night. Come to the Pre-Pax breakfast on Friday morning.

But if you try to do too much before PAX you (and your feet) *WILL* regret it.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    =) That could be true. I guess we should play it by ear. (Ah, and THAT'S what "Movie Raid" is, I was wondering =) )

VThornheart on
  • Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    No reason to be so hard on his enthusiasm. After all this is how the pre pax movie and dinner came about and both have become a huge hit and a fundamental part of the PAX experience. I know I would be up for a little longer stay in Seattle while hanging out with you guys doing who knows what, even if its drinking beers and talking game smack

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    While NoA & MSFT's corporate offices might not be tour friendly there are plenty of other things to check out like have been mentioned in this thread.

One thing to consider might also be Digipen, Nintendo's game design school located in Redmond. I bet they wouldn't mind showcasing their school especially to any people who are potentially interested in game design.

nearlysober on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    While NoA & MSFT's corporate offices might not be tour friendly there are plenty of other things to check out like have been mentioned in this thread.

One thing to consider might also be Digipen, Nintendo's game design school located in Redmond. I bet they wouldn't mind showcasing their school especially to any people who are potentially interested in game design.

Uh digipen doesn't belong to Nintendo. It is just located next to it in Redmond :P Many game companies hire graduates of that.

BigRed on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Bambooza wrote: »
    No reason to be so hard on his enthusiasm. After all this is how the pre pax movie and dinner came about and both have become a huge hit and a fundamental part of the PAX experience. I know I would be up for a little longer stay in Seattle while hanging out with you guys doing who knows what, even if its drinking beers and talking game smack

I wasn't trying to "be so hard on his enthusiasm", just pointing out that PAX itself can be VERY exhausting, and not to overestimate how much he and his wife will be able to enjoy before, during, and afterwards.

When I think back to last year, plenty of people remarked how they drove themselves to the brink with lack of sleep, caffeine, and overall excitement crammed into every available moment - and needed several days after PAX to fully recover.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    Haha, yeah most of us were CCSTers. Given 2 days of driving, a half day of pre-pax activities, then three days of pax and 2 more days of driving back home. Safe to say, I wasn't back to normal for about a week, unless you count the pinched sciatic nerve, in which case I wasn't back to normal for 6 weeks.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm still waiting for my recovery time, and now I'm preparing for this year. Caffeine is a dear, dear friend now.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    No worries! =) We'll wait and see if people want to do it earlier in the week... who knows? Maybe there's a group of people who want to get there a couple days early (instead of just the night before), and might be looking for something to do. =)

We'll see as the months goes on if anyone actually wants to come early, and then we'll see if there's an opportunity for planning some pre-pax tours/trips if a large enough amount of people are planning an early voyage to Seattle. =)

But I'll hold off until it gets closer to PAX before trying to rally the forces. I think my excitement for finally going back to PAX has played games with my perception of how far away PAX is. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Haha, yeah most of us were CCSTers. Given 2 days of driving, a half day of pre-pax activities, then three days of pax and 2 more days of driving back home. Safe to say, I wasn't back to normal for about a week, unless you count the pinched sciatic nerve, in which case I wasn't back to normal for 6 weeks.

I don't know about you... but I just went to bed both times I got back home... slept until noon and then was fine.

Granted, it seems I am a long distance traveling / driving machine.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    Eyes5Eyes5 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Nintendo has a little shop that anyone can go into, although it might be a bit scary going in because you have to pass a security guard. I don't know if they can handle a big group, though.

I used to go there during PAX when it was at the Meydenbaur center, but now it's pretty far away.

Eyes5 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Eyes5 wrote: »
    Nintendo has a little shop that anyone can go into, although it might be a bit scary going in because you have to pass a security guard. I don't know if they can handle a big group, though.

I used to go there during PAX when it was at the Meydenbaur center, but now it's pretty far away.

There IS a side entrance, which you are supposed to use, being a customer. :P No need to pass the security guard. besides, most of them are harmless!

Snickers on
  • Options
    leeesherleeesher Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    My travel companions and I visited both the Microsoft and Nintendo Visitor Centers last year.
    On the walk there, we were most excited for Nintendo, but Microsoft ended up being more of a treat.

I wouldn't suggest any sort of organized trip to either center - there isn't THAT much to see (really, Nintendo's is more or less just a room that provides access to their repair desk). If you could secure tours of either campus, that would be far more worthwhile.

leeesher on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I guess since there's still some interest (at least in the off-hand chance of a real tour) I'll do a quick update.

Nintendo said "no way, Jose". So I've pretty much given up on the effort. =(

VThornheart on
  • Options
    casper702casper702 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    it would be fun to do im gettiing there the day before pax and most likely will be be leaving after

casper702 on
  • Options
    BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Nintendo has a nice little Museum of old systems outside the Employee store, that is about it. Oh and some playable games on the old systems with a Wii and a big screen TV. Nice small arcade area in one room. You will see more stuff at PAX really. Anything that is worth seeing is under lock and key. :o Oh and their is the customer support center that they were talking about with some neat stuff in it but it's only worth going thre to fix your systems and what not.

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm going to have to say the same thing about Microsoft, generally. There's really only the Visitors centre, and that's not particularly oriented around gaming. You can't get into the company store, either, only employees can make purchases there (like me, and no, I won't buy stuff for you :) ).

There are interesting things in some of the buildings, but all of those require keycard access, and they're generally pretty spread out. You'll find better stuff at PAX as well for Microsoft, I daresay.

ashridah on
  • Options
    beowuffbeowuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Just a suggestion...

The Boeing Museum of Flight is a short trip south of Downtown Seattle.
    It's huge and has a ton of cool planes.
    It would probably take a few days to see it all, but I really recommend it to people who have an interest in flying.

http://www.museumofflight.org

beowuff

beowuff on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    beowuff wrote: »
    Just a suggestion...

The Boeing Museum of Flight is a short trip south of Downtown Seattle.
    It's huge and has a ton of cool planes.
    It would probably take a few days to see it all, but I really recommend it to people who have an interest in flying.

http://www.museumofflight.org

beowuff

Sweet, you da man!

Why don't the other companies offer awesome tours/museums like this? I'm up for this tour, it sounds good.

VThornheart on
This discussion has been closed.