As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Newcomer welcome package

InternetNinjaInternetNinja Registered User new member
Well, I've known about Penny Arcade for a long time, but its only recently that I came to the site and started reading the comics. Now, I like what I see, but I'm not going to read through TEN YEARS of comics. I was wondering if there is, or if someone could make a list of Penny Arcade's top.. one hundred comics. I'd read a hundred. This would make a great feature for new comers (like myself) because it gives them the chance to see the best of Penny Arcade without having to spend a week looking for it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
InternetNinja on

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Your topic might be moved soon, since this isn't really the place to ask, but hey.

I think the quality of writing and art has greatly improved over the years, so you might as well start reading from last year onward. The older comics can be funny, but mostly to understand running gags. The actual quality is sub par to their newer work.

Aldo on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Also jokes about Daikatana aren't as funny as they were back in the day. I've read through the archive a few times though 'cause it reminds me of good times.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I would suggest three things:

-Compiliations of running gags, possibly with explanation
    -Highlight comics. What PA is known for. Like what xkcd has.
    -Character list.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Outside of "highlight comics, I'd say the Wikipedia page is pretty complete: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Arcade_(webcomic)

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You could always buy the books where they have compiled many of the old strips.

Marathon on
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    Also jokes about Daikatana aren't as funny as they were back in the day. I've read through the archive a few times though 'cause it reminds me of good times.

Daikatana is always funny.

EDIT: AND ALSO AVAILABLE FREE ON GAMETAP (D:)

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Malkor wrote: »

Daikatana is always funny.

EDIT: AND ALSO AVAILABLE FREE ON GAMETAP (D:)

That shit is a crime and they should be paying ME to rent it.

Satan. on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The easiest way to digest the comic is by grabbing the books (four currently, soon to be five), and there's commentary and newsposts as well. Your library should be able to get them for you - grab the ISBNs off Amazon.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!