As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Keyword search request

The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, OmeganautRegistered User, ClubPA regular
Hey Alpha,

I'm sure you don't have enough work to do, so I have a request for the keyword search function for whenever you get around to it.

Can it be changed so that it doesn't search the thread title when you're searching for a word? For example, if I search for the word "breakfast" in SE++ right now, it'll bring up every single post the Breakfast Time thread.

Also, would it be possible to change it so that it searches in the person named in a quote? As in, if I egosearch for "geek" in SE++, it will bring up any mentions of that word in posts, but it currently doesn't bring up any posts if someone used the [ quote="The Geek" ] BBcode.

BLM - ACAB
The Geek on

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    Hey Alpha,

I'm sure you don't have enough work to do, so I have a request for the keyword search function for whenever you get around to it.

Can it be changed so that it doesn't search the thread title when you're searching for a word? For example, if I search for the word "breakfast" in SE++ right now, it'll bring up every single post the Breakfast Time thread.

Also, would it be possible to change it so that it searches in the person named in a quote? As in, if I egosearch for "geek" in SE++, it will bring up any mentions of that word in posts, but it currently doesn't bring up any posts if someone used the [ quote="The Geek" ] BBcode.

I'm pretty sure you can already do that. Check the lower options, you can switch between searching titles and text or just searching text.

Edit: Yep, confirmed.

jothki on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    Durrrrr on my part then.

But the request about the searching in the quote bbcode still stands.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    NaregNareg Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I actually have the converse of this problem... I think.... I search for thread titles and only get words matching from posts within all other threads.... I cannot see the option to search for keywords in title or post either....

Nareg on
    Back off man, I'm a scientist!
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Why don't you search for [ quote="The Geek" ]?

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Because it doesn't work.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    Because it doesn't work.