As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Not receiving emails?

RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000Administrator, ClubPA admin
I got a report that someone was not getting emails on the threads they subscribe to. Anyone else experiencing this?

Ramius on

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    well I just subscribed to this one lets see if I get something...

Now that I think of it, I haven't gotten any PA forum emails in a loooong time despite PM's n' stuff. I don't know if the e-mail defaults changed with Vbulletin but I used to always get e-mails for PM's.

*edit*

Nothing so far. A lot of e-mail spam blockers base that stuff on the frequency of which they receive e-mails from the mailserver so if the PA forum mail server is bombing yahoo mail numerous times per minute they gray/blacklist that mailserver and you have to go through shit to get white listed, along the lines of proving you are not a spammer. I've had coworkers who have had to go through that before on behalf of clients. It could be that or it could be just not sending out the e-mails at all.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, that would be me. I haven't gotten a notification email since 6:52pm EST last night.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited March 2008
    I can confirm that email seems to be not working. I have no reason to believe the vBulletin software is failing, so the server folks have been notified.

Ramius on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well, I'm glad it's not me. Now I'm resolved to use the subscribed threads page until this is resolved. Thanks for the update, Ramius.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    hmxmosshmxmoss Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I stopped getting emails today for my insta-notify subscribed threads... This isn't the first time it's happened, but the only time in recent months and started today or perhaps late yesterday.

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thank goodness, I thought I'd done something wrong. I'm also not getting any notifications.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    BadazzBadazz Registered User new member
    edited March 2008
    I tried to email Tycho, it said that he doesnt recieve and that I would have to email the Administrator... guess what, he doesnt receive emails either.. hmmm is that broke or on purpose?

Badazz on
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Badazz wrote: »
    I tried to email Tycho, it said that he doesnt recieve and that I would have to email the Administrator... guess what, he doesnt receive emails either.. hmmm is that broke or on purpose?
    How did you try emailing Tycho?

tycho@penny-arcade.com or through the forum?

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Same here, no notifications.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I think it's been established that nobody is receiving notifications. Is there any word as to the cause of it yet?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited March 2008
    apparently this is also affecting validation e-mails for registration, so if anybody has registered in the past couple days and not gotten your registration e-mail, this is why

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png