As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] New Talent/Ability Design

SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
Science Brings Change for the Future!

Well we've got an expansion coming up soon, which means lots of changes, so I figure now is as good a time as any for us all to think about modifications to talent trees that we need, or new/changed abilities.

I'm using wowitemcreator.com(do NOT look at the other user's creations, they are abominations) to create new abilities, and http://www.war-tools.com/?p=ct for talent tree creation. Let me know if you're aware of a better one.

I'm familiar with druids more than any other class, so that's where I started.

Here's a good start I think on fixing the mess that is the balance tree, and finishing up the already great feral tree. I didn't address resto because well, when main-speccing for healing, I never see myself having a problem getting every possible healing talent that I would want so I'm not as worried about bloating.

As for stand alone ability updates or changes(or just not knowing they'd fit as talents):
Tiger's Fury
Rake

For warlocks, Demonic Boon

I chose not to think about any talents beyond the 41 pointers, but I'd welcome those as well.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
Septus on

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Maek poast

Septus on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    that site is so much work

so much

just imagine the ret tree but you get windfury with vengance and crusader strike interrupts, mortal strikes, and roots who you are murdering

no it's not overpowered

no I don't want to hear your ideas on it

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Pssh, people already spend so much time on workdays talking about stupid bullshit here, why not use your hands and create stupid bullshit?

Septus on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    these hands do not create septus

they only burn, kill, destroy, sometimes hit the bong

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Just what cat form needs, hamstring with huge bleed damage.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    press button: nuke arena/battleground

I've summed up everything anyone will ever make

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I made this Death Knight tree a while ago, I have no real drive to finish it though.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm just waiting for a legit pushback resistance for the Elemental Tree and/or CC protection for Shaman

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Just what cat form needs, hamstring with huge bleed damage.

Ticks for 209 are huge?

Whatever, my goal was to give it a snare, not to make it a serious damage ability, I wouldn't care if the damage was lowered.
    Wren wrote: »
    press button: nuke arena/battleground

I've summed up everything anyone will ever make

You summed up exactly what the retards at wowitemcreator.com do. We're better than that.

Septus on
  • Options
    lifeincognitolifeincognito Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    For Shaman:

Shield Specialization: Increase chance to block by 1% per level. Increase amount blocked by 5% per level. 6% chance per level to resist interruption while casting if wielding a shield.

At least then one of the entry level enhancement talents would be worthwhile. I see this giving ALL resto shamans what they want for arena, but also giving elemental shamans a little bit more protection aside from having to wait to be crit. If everyone is going to be going for instant Ghost Wolf anyway, give them decent entry level talents to dump their five points.

Replace Improved Lightning Shield with Spirit of the Wolf that requires 2 of 2 points in Improved Ghost Wolf.

Spirit of the Wolf: Increase agility and spirit by 2% per level with three levels.

The changes to int and spirit might make this pretty neat because I know that shaman really aren't fans of spirit right now anyway.

Probably horrible ideas because I haven't played the class for long enough, but it is my wishful thinking.

lifeincognito on
    losers weepers. jawas keepers.
  • Options
    Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    that site is so much work

so much

just imagine the ret tree but you get windfury with vengance and crusader strike interrupts, mortal strikes, and roots who you are murdering

no it's not overpowered

no I don't want to hear your ideas on it

what if my idea is to double it?

Or perhaps triple it?

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Well we've got an expansion coming up soon,

Ok, I'm going to have to stop you here. First off, no release date has even been announced. Second of all, once the release date HAS been announced, we should expect 2-3 6-month delays. That's not "soon" in my book.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Zython wrote: »

Ok, I'm going to have to stop you here. First off, no release date has even been announced. Second of all, once the release date HAS been announced, we should expect 2-3 6-month delays. That's not "soon" in my book.

That's actually soon in Blizzard time.

If they ever say something isn't coming soon it's probably never coming at all. (JUST LIKE ANY WOMAN JIM WILL EVER SLEEP WITH /burn)

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Zython wrote: »

That's actually soon in Blizzard time.

If they ever say something isn't coming soon it's probably never coming at all. (JUST LIKE ANY WOMAN JIM WILL EVER SLEEP WITH /burn)

No arguments here.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    THe death knight talent tree posted earlier does make me wonder if they would have a three tree system like characters

This was a test to see what a warlock's daemon weapon would be like

Angrida is the name of my blood elf warlock's succbus on Ravenholt. Elerantia is my Undead's

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    you're all mean :(

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Spirit of the Wolf: Increase agility and spirit by 2% per level with three levels.

The changes to int and spirit might make this pretty neat because I know that shaman really aren't fans of spirit right now anyway.

Probably horrible ideas because I haven't played the class for long enough, but it is my wishful thinking.

A Spirit boost for enhancement? Along with int, spirit may or may not end up being a good stat for resto, but I wouldn't think enhancement is a good place to put it, and not paired with agility.

Resto does need a new 41 pointer though, or a greatly improved Earth Shield.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Warlocky

I'm bored.

Septus on