As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Baldurwinter's Dragondale of Elemental Evil II

13»

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I had the urge to play some neverwinter nights for some bizzare reason. I can't run NWN2 (laptop is too weak), so I was wondering whether the premium modules were good at all (I'll probably end up getting the ones in platinum anyway because I'm missing some of my original disks and I can find it for cheap), and also what player made mods were decent.

Edit: Other than the 2 already mentioned in this thread, of course.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Where did you find this collection. One of my discs for baldur's gate 2 snapped while moving house a while back, I want a replacement and always intended to have a go at iwd. I lost my bg games so long ago it's a distant memory.
    I used to be really really clumsy.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I had the urge to play some neverwinter nights for some bizzare reason. I can't run NWN2 (laptop is too weak), so I was wondering whether the premium modules were good at all (I'll probably end up getting the ones in platinum anyway because I'm missing some of my original disks and I can find it for cheap), and also what player made mods were decent.

Edit: Other than the 2 already mentioned in this thread, of course.

All the premium NWN modules are worth playing, IMHO. Infinite Dungeons is skippable, though, since it's just... infinite dungeons. I think they're a little expensive, though. I bought them when they were on sale as a pack. If I were buying just one, it'd be Pirates.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Where did you find this collection. One of my discs for baldur's gate 2 snapped while moving house a while back, I want a replacement and always intended to have a go at iwd. I lost my bg games so long ago it's a distant memory.

Here's the link for it at gogamer.com. I agree with you, I have all of these games except for Demon Stone & Dragonshard, but I'm thinking about buying it again just to make sure I have an extra copy of BG 1 & 2.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thanks Arch, but he said he got it for 30 bucks Australian and the prices on gogamer are US. I was basically asking which australian store, since I live in sydney.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    FrogdiceFrogdice ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    IMHO, Temple of Elemental Evil is the best of that lot.

D&D is crap in real time or pseudo real time.

ToEE was turn based and had the grid needed for good D&D combat.

Frogdice on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, well, a good RPG isn't really about the combat (in my opinion).

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    OremLK wrote: »

Case in point: Torment

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    OremLK wrote: »

Case in point: Torment

So true. Torment is more of an interactive novel than a game. The few times it throws a bunch of enemies at you, it fails hard. But luckily that only happens two or three times.

The rest is genius.

Renzo on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I just picked up a collection of 8 D&D games, plus expansion packs, for a grand total of thirty bucks. In this game-starved hellhole of a country (Australia), this redefines bargain. I have but one question - which should I play first?

The pack includes;
    Neverwinter Nights and expansion packs. I already own NWN, actually, and have played a reasonable portion of it, but the expansion packs are new to me.
    Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, plus expansion packs.
    Icewind Dale 1 & 2, plus expansion packs.
    Dragonshard
    Demon Stone
    Temple of Elemental Evil.

Was that a retail bundle?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Man, ToEE is not getting enough love.

The story can't hold a candle to BG2's, but it has one of the best combat systems to ever be featured in an RPG.

I cannot recommend the Circle of Eight mod for it enough, either.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    i dont even consider baldur's gate 1, 2 + all applicable expansions to be separate games. they are one complete experience and with the price of those games new today all can easily be bought for much less than full games. you'll get 100+ hours out of them and love every second.

Playing Baldur's Gate is like a VISA application to be a PC gamer. I dont even consider people who havent played them to be true pc gamers. They're just illegal immigrants into the platform.

Interesting good Sir! I like your message and wish to subscribe to your news letter!

When it comes to BG1 & 2 I am torn as to which I like better. On one hand is Baldur's Gate 2 which, IMO, had a better story and a more epic feel. However, I love Baldur's Gate because you went from a lvl 1 nothing that gets smoked by a random Gibberling to an Uber Badass. Also the whole scavenging for gear was fun.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ZellZell Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I just picked up a collection of 8 D&D games, plus expansion packs, for a grand total of thirty bucks. In this game-starved hellhole of a country (Australia), this redefines bargain. I have but one question - which should I play first?

The pack includes;
    Neverwinter Nights and expansion packs. I already own NWN, actually, and have played a reasonable portion of it, but the expansion packs are new to me.
    Dragonshard
    Demon Stone

Zell wrote: »
    So I just got the Ultimate Dungeons & Dragons release, just because I needed yet another copy of Baldur's Gate... Anyway, is there a way to fix the horribly slow scrolling in Temple of Elemental Evil? Also, is there a way to run it in 1600x1200?

Further ToEE question; I couldn't find a no cd crack for the newest patch, so its just sitting on my shelves right now. If anyone knows of a link to one for version 3, I'd like to know that, too. Switching CDs is a pain in the ass with all the different games I play, and it wears the CDs down, especially ones that come in cheap ass paper sleeves, like ToEE.
    One of the reasons I got the mentioned released, as its packaging is slightly better:
    picture3.jpgpicture5.jpg
    Yeah it's still not quality packaging, but it really beats paper sleeves. Still no escaping that Atari's a crappy publisher which will never give the games the treatment they deserve.
    I assume that's the release he's referring to, Europe only, I think.

Zell on
  • Options
    SilentCoconutSilentCoconut Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

The pack includes;
    Dragonshard
    Demon Stone

So I just got the Ultimate Dungeons & Dragons release, just because I needed yet another copy of Baldur's Gate... Anyway, is there a way to fix the horribly slow scrolling in Temple of Elemental Evil? Also, is there a way to run it in 1600x1200?

Further ToEE question; I couldn't find a no cd crack for the newest patch, so its just sitting on my shelves right now. If anyone knows of a link to one for version 3, I'd like to know that, too. Switching CDs is a pain in the ass with all the different games I play, and it wears the CDs down, especially ones that come in cheap ass paper sleeves, like ToEE.
    One of the reasons I got the mentioned released, as its packaging is slightly better:
    picture3.jpgpicture5.jpg
    Yeah it's still not quality packaging, but it really beats paper sleeves. Still no escaping that Atari's a crappy publisher which will never give the games the treatment they deserve.

Wait, Atari has the publishing rights to Baldur's Gate now? Does that mean that they have a chance for release on Steam? GoGamer will ship that collection to the US for $49.90, but I'd much rather have them digitally.

SilentCoconut on
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I installed my old ToEE copy as a homage to E. Gary Gygax, and it will be the next game I play. I never got around to even get to the temple my first try... lost interest due to how buggy it was on first release. I'll try with the patches.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    No D&D package is complete without Dragonstrike.

GungHo on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Gar! My Baldur's Gate install disc is missing. I may have to find some illicit method of getting it installed so I can move forward with my BG plans.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Archgarth wrote: »

Here's the link for it at gogamer.com. I agree with you, I have all of these games except for Demon Stone & Dragonshard, but I'm thinking about buying it again just to make sure I have an extra copy of BG 1 & 2.

am i blind or does this not include temple of elemental evil?

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

The pack includes;
    Dragonshard
    Demon Stone

snipsnip

Wait, Atari has the publishing rights to Baldur's Gate now? Does that mean that they have a chance for release on Steam? GoGamer will ship that collection to the US for $49.90, but I'd much rather have them digitally.

That would be pretty glorious. These things really need not to vanish from availability.

I actually just picked up NWN Diamond myself. Think there'd be enough interest for a co-op [Game On] for one of the campaigns, or maybe the free ones folks were raving about earlier?

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    ZellZell Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    Archgarth wrote: »

am i blind or does this not include temple of elemental evil?
    It does include Temple of Elemental Evil. And Icewind Dale II. I'm assuming the guy at gogamer.com who was supposed to read the box is blind.

Or they're selling some special version of the compilation.

Zell on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    this is so bought next time i get a little extra $ laying around. probably going to pick up the fallout collection while im at it, i see they have it for $20.

and then i will retire from society for many hundreds of hours.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I picked up nwn diamond, and I'm really enjoying SoU. I'm not sure what made me not like this the first time I played it, maybe the original campaign being crappy.

Running a half orc fighter/weaponmaster now (soon I'll pick up blackguard as my 3rd class). Seems a little bit hard, but I'm only level 9 so I haven't really gotten the crit steamroller set up yet.

Jealous Deva on