As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everybody bitches about [chat]

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    I pray not all intel types are as annoying as this prick. Cause so far they have been.

Well just remember, one day he'll be found with a half pound of blow and a dead 13 year old male hooker.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Sure, but very few people use all the different ranks. The thing is, mana efficiency goes up with the rank, and so, unless you're partying with people way below your level, you generally want to use the highest rank and just time your heals to minimize overhealing. The only time I've ever needed non-highest level heals was when I was trying to do the stupid staff quest, because the peasants you're trying to keep alive have like 100HP.

I use three different ranks of Greater Heal. It's good for keeping the tank at high health (To prevent disasters from burst damage) without torching your mana. Also, my mana regen while casting is about 50% and when main healing you're never out of the 5 second rule so it makes my mana go further to use a lower ranked heal. Also, my +Healing is almost 1700 while buffed, so there's that.

Yeah. I should have prefaced with the disclaimer that I haven't mainhealed a raid since TBC came out, so my experience is pretty dated. I quit after like 2 months of TBC, so I never built up very much +healing. I've always had a fetish for mp5, though.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Wow

nerds

...Get it?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Wow

nerds

...Get it?

Boo! That was so bad, it could've come from me!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Sure, but very few people use all the different ranks. The thing is, mana efficiency goes up with the rank, and so, unless you're partying with people way below your level, you generally want to use the highest rank and just time your heals to minimize overhealing. The only time I've ever needed non-highest level heals was when I was trying to do the stupid staff quest, because the peasants you're trying to keep alive have like 100HP.

I use three different ranks of Greater Heal. It's good for keeping the tank at high health (To prevent disasters from burst damage) without torching your mana. Also, my mana regen while casting is about 50% and when main healing you're never out of the 5 second rule so it makes my mana go further to use a lower ranked heal. Also, my +Healing is almost 1700 while buffed, so there's that.

Yeah. I should have prefaced with the disclaimer that I haven't mainhealed a raid since TBC came out, so my experience is pretty dated. I quit after like 2 months of TBC, so I never built up very much +healing. I've always had a fetish for mp5, though.

Mm-hm. I stacked MP5 and now outlast better geared priests. I use the max rank Flash, Renew and being a Draenei also have Gift of the Naaru. Also, Circle of Healing is awesome. So that's 7 heal buttons. :P

Nova_C on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Nobody cares what Irene writes.
    It doesn't feel like this to me at all. Though I might break down and cry when I finally doing Ulda.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Mm-hm. I stacked MP5 and now outlast better geared priests. I use the max rank Flash, Renew and being a Draenei also have Gift of the Naaru. Also, Circle of Healing is awesome. So that's 7 heal buttons. :P

Yes yes, you and your newfangled TBC content :P

@Quid: I think everyone has Ulda horror stories. It's kind of the make-or-break point, where you really need to be cohesive as a group, and know your class. I am ashamed to say that I was probably responsible for at least one wipe because, at that time, I didn't believe in Fade. I'm not even being sarcastic, either. I had no idea what Fade did in terms of game mechanics, and, on reading the description, I was like, "discourage your enemies from attacking you? Does that actually do anything? Whatever, it's probably useless." >.>

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So after listening to the latest podcast I wonder if Gabe and Tycho actually think that gay men like to wear women's clothes. :|

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Also, you might have better healing racials, Nova, but I can get a Frostsaber 10% faster than you! And I'm prettier :P

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Irene I revoke your WoW license.

My first win against Ulda was as a mage and was one of the memorable "Last member standing, sliver of health and no mana left blasting him with my wand and praying" moments.

Most of the runs afterwards went downhill from there.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Proto wrote: »
    So after listening to the latest podcast I wonder if Gabe and Tycho actually think that gay men like to wear women's clothes. :|

You have to remember they are humorists and straight males, the easy joke is cross dressing gay people. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, sometimes an easy joke is just that an easy joke.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I hear they have this great new MMO out now; it's called "get off your ass and go outside, you antisocial shut-in."

Thanatos on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So, uh... I just got a message from that girl. Apparently when I was on the phone with her yesterday I was tired and sort of drifting in and out, and I may have said something I really really didn't mean to say... D:

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I hear they have this great new MMO out now; it's called "get off your ass and go outside, you antisocial shut-in."

Played that one. Poor graphics.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    yay WoW talk! I'm starting to get back into it, because my friend moved to Japan for a year so i figure I can at least hang out with him a little bit on that.

I've yet to tank as a warrior really (only DM) but i LOVE tanking on my druid. It's absolutely a blast. Made ZF, one of my least favorite instances, an absolute BLAST.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    Irene I revoke your WoW license.

My first win against Ulda was as a mage and was one of the memorable "Last member standing, sliver of health and no mana left blasting him with my wand and praying" moments.

Most of the runs afterwards went downhill from there.

Oh man, I remember I went on this one ST run where the druid was the last guy alive with Eranikus at like 2%, and he kited him down with Nature's Wrath or something.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Gulfport, MS.

Quid on
  • Options
    wawkinwawkin Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    clearly, healing techniques have not changed since EQ. I find it hard to believe, but at the same time : I am not surprised.

wawkin on
    Talkin to the robbery expert.

"This is where I say something profound and you bow, so lets just skip to your part."
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Run generally means death whereas Fade is kind of like a saving throw.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    The best way to play a warrior is obviously to uninstall WoW and buy either Champions of Norrath or a Dynasty Warriors game.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    JPants wrote: »
    yay WoW talk! I'm starting to get back into it, because my friend moved to Japan for a year so i figure I can at least hang out with him a little bit on that.

I've yet to tank as a warrior really (only DM) but i LOVE tanking on my druid. It's absolutely a blast. Made ZF, one of my least favorite instances, an absolute BLAST.

ZF is one of my favorites, actually. Though part of it might be because it was the first instance I ever did with one of my best friends from the game, and we had a good group. And the 1337 gamer in me sorta misses the Rod event, back when it was epic.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    yo yo

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Yo-yo's are as cool as switch-combs.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Noooooo! The HD crash last year also killed all WoW pics. *sob*

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Unless you're playing Mystical Ninja. Then yo-yos are sweet, way better than the stupid flute.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Noooooo! The HD crash last year also killed all WoW pics. *sob*

D::(

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    JPants wrote: »

ZF is one of my favorites, actually. Though part of it might be because it was the first instance I ever did with one of my best friends from the game, and we had a good group. And the 1337 gamer in me sorta misses the Rod event, back when it was epic.

lol, that Zig event in original form was absolutely ridiculous.

I think my disdain for that instance stems from almost never having a good group for it (always pugging like 3 people).

JPants on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Also, you might have better healing racials, Nova, but I can get a Frostsaber 10% faster than you! And I'm prettier :P

Armored horses are better anyway. Also, prettier?

WraealinDamageGear.jpg

I think not.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I had a pretty cool one of my rogue dancing on a stone altar in Uldaman. I'd even have posted it. :|

Haphazard on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So my plans fell through for Spring Break, and I'm just gonna go home to save money.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    That sucks podly, well at the very least uhh you can't catch herpes from staying at home.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I get good friday off this year, and since that is one of my scheduled fridays off I get a 4 day weekend! Woo it's almost like I'm in college again.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Neat Pete, I just figured out the secret to life.

Greeper on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »

Played that one. Poor graphics.

The graphics are decent, it's just the plot that goes nowhere.

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    Podly wrote: »
    So my plans fell through for Spring Break, and I'm just gonna go home to save money.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaame.
    What were your plans?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Damn, i get no day off for easter at all. Think i'm going to take the Monday after off and go snowboarding though. That should be fun.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Gooey wrote: »
    I get good friday off this year, and since that is one of my scheduled fridays off I get a 4 day weekend! Woo it's almost like I'm in college again.
    Travel thousands of miles to visit me.

We could complain how much Gulfport sucks and then I'd leave you by yourself to go have sex with my girlfriend emergin periodically to brag.

Quid on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Greeper wrote: »
    Neat Pete, I just figured out the secret to life.

You did not.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Seriously though guys, how do we know Satan isn't the real good-guy, and god isn't just way better at propaganda?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Armored horses are better anyway. Also, prettier?

blueskinnedwhore

I think not.

Hmm, apparently I don't have a single picture of my main priest on photobucket. Oh well, at least I have this:
    fishing.jpg
    I have 5 priests over level 40. One of each race, including draenei, and 2 humans. If I had kept playing TBC, I might very well have switched to Draenei as my main :P

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.