As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mighty Avengers cast (Spoilers)

1235»

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited December 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    mcwillip wrote:
    I think it would be a close fight, but Ares could win.

Thor may be more powerful, but Thor isn't as hardcore as Ares.

has ares ripped out both his eyes and hung himself in search of answers?

We are talking about comic book Thor.

And he didn't do any of that.

Neither did mythological Thor, or any Thor.

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about!

You lose! Next time don't be such a pretentious know-it-all dick.

Actually, please do. So when you fuck up as spectacularly as this, I can rub it right the fuck in your face.

God, I hate you.

Whippy on
  • Options
    GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Thor, after tearing out both of his eyes and hanging himself:
    thor.jpg

He wanted to be worthy of the odinforce. To do that he not only had to meet the trials of odin, but surpass them. So, instead of giving up one eye he gave up both.

The stories leading up to it were pretty cool. I especially liked the whole 'reigning' arc. Seeing thor no longer worthy to weild Mjolnir was a powerful moment.

GoodCitizen on
    Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Thor Dissassmbled was the only good story to come out of the whole Dissassembled mess.

Also, mark this up to something I knew that Spectre did not.

I learned at Marvel Islands of andventures in Florida in the comic store.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited December 2006
    the dan jurgens run on thor was really really really fucking good

Whippy on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    Are there any gods in comics who perform miracles, create life, and pass judgement instead of just, you know, fucking around with super-villains and occasionally getting killed?

Most of the DC Gods are like that.

DCU God doesn't do much other than send the Spectre after people and then sit around doing nothing when said Spectre decides it'd be cool to go on a murderous rampage.

Furu on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Second part to the interview with Frank Cho is up on Newsarama. This time he talks about the girls on the team and brings up who's running the show in the title. There's also additional penciled preview pages which expand the fight scene we've seen so far in the original preview for the first issue.

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/MightyAvengers/Cho_02.html

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Oh man, they infected Cho with the generic 'pro reg is the right side' virus.

it makes you talk out your ass when people even begin to insinuate that something is up with Iron Man.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    mcwillip wrote:
    I think it would be a close fight, but Ares could win.

Thor may be more powerful, but Thor isn't as hardcore as Ares.

has ares ripped out both his eyes and hung himself in search of answers?

We are talking about comic book Thor.

And he didn't do any of that.

Neither did mythological Thor, or any Thor.

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about!

You lose! Next time don't be such a pretentious know-it-all dick.

Actually, please do. So when you fuck up as spectacularly as this, I can rub it right the fuck in your face.

God, I hate you.

I'm sorry Whippy. Please forgive me.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    In the Black Widow page from the second part of the Cho interview, the guy in bottom left corner looks like Tony. And it looks like he's wearing Iron Man armor. Could be a flashback, since it doesn't fit in with the rest of the page, but I thought I'd point it out.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I want to point out that Spectre was technically right. It was Odin who traded an eye and hung upside-down from, Yggdrasil to gain differents sorts of knowledge, not Thor.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    I want to point out that Spectre was technically right. It was Odin who traded an eye and hung upside-down from, Yggdrasil to gain differents sorts of knowledge, not Thor.

no, spectre was technically wrong, because thor did him one up god people read posts

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Ragnarok by Mike Oeming.

Go and read it.

The actual trade may be called Thor: Disassembled.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It is called Thor: Disassembled, and it's very good. The last Thor run was mostly really good. I liked the exploration of the fact that Thor isn't just a superhero, he receives and expects worship. There's no church of Captain America or Iron Man, but the church of Thor has come up a few times.
    Also, to get back on topic, I look forward to Ms. Marvel having a leadership role, and hope they don't make her incompetent like they did with Monica Rambeau. I'm pretty psyched to get two books featuring Ms. Marvel a month.

Adaemus1sf on