As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Comic Movie Thread The Incredible Iron Knight is watching the Watchmen.

• ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    Bogart wrote: »
    Servo wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    I like his lovably goofy belief in every conspiracy theory going and how most people on the board react to it with the sort of strained indulgence you might give a ten year old who keeps insisting that Santa is a real person.

wait, really? like what?

He once made a thread on his board about this really great and totally reasonable and utterly factual documentary he'd just seen about 9/11 and recommended it to everyone on the board. It was Loose Change. Cue much uncomfortable umming and ahhing and 'well, actually Mark' comments.

His love of professional nutbag and scourge of other-dimensional lizard-people David Icke is also a frequent source of amusement. Cue much 'I'm sure he has some valid points, Mark, but, uh, isn't he actually really really crazy?'.

Of course, these may be things he has since changed his mind about or are opinions he only actually held casually. But I sort of get the impression that he's a conspiracy wonk.

ahahaha

that's great

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've been reading my Ultimates hardcover recently for some reason.

The more I read I realize after the edgy modern thing wears off every character is creepy and unlikable.

august on
    edited March 2008
    except for hawkeye. ultimate hawkeye rules so hard.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I didn't like it that much when I read it originally. I think the main Millar stuff I liked was Civil War and Red Son. Mainly my thoughts while reading Ultimates was, "Who the HELL would pay $100 for jeans?" "Jan Pym is the biggest BITCH I've ever heard of who finds a guy being nice to her to be creepy" "Ultimate Jarvis needs to be shot in the head...Oh wait! Yay!" "Black Widow got implants? *sigh*" Although I was a pretty big fan of Hawkeye in volume one...then when he started using flamethrowers I got said and then I got happy again when he fired his fingernails at people.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm interested in seeing how the We3 movie comes out, seeing as the book takes a whole 20 minutes to read

Garlic Bread on
    edited March 2008
    If I was a director I would be deathly afraid to take on a project like We3.

ZombieAsuma on
  • PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    I'm interested in seeing how the We3 movie comes out, seeing as the book takes a whole 20 minutes to read

yea, in order to get more than an hour out of it i think you're going to have to stretch it out too much.

i dont really see how you can make an hour and a half of worthwhile movie out of We3.

PantheraOnca on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Morrison added scenes to the story, ones that wouldn't fit in the three-issue format.

Lux on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yes, did you guys not read the thing that was posted like a page ago?

Furu on
    edited March 2008
    look, three issues is about 90-100 pages of script, if not more and that translates to 90-100 minutes of movie time, which is about the length of a regular-ass movie

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Besides, doesn't Homeward Bound I and II pretty much prove that it's not hard to make a movie about a few animals wandering around lost and getting into hijinks? And that shit didn't even have government intrigue and death-dealing exoskeletons.

Munch on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    They could easily fill time with flashbacks to their original lives (which might kinda suck) or the project being developed (which might be pretty cool), or perhaps some of their earlier parts of the work; earlier missions, being introduced to one another, etc.

I wouldn't want them to stray wildly from what we have in order to fill time, but there's plenty they could draw from to fill out a bit of time if they needed to.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    If they can make a movie out of 300 they can make a movie out what by all accounts is a good three-issue series.

OH, so... What the Hell is going on with The Incredible Hulk?

Crimsondude on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    See, this is why I could never make a movie. I would simply license the rights to Homeward Bound and then CGI some mad robot stuff all over the animals.

I'd keep the voice of Michael J Fox too. Signed, sealed, delivered.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2008
    homeward bound is a fantastic movie and I will fight anyone who disagrees

DJ Eebs on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm not disagreeing with you, merely pondering whether the addition of cybernetic enhancements would increase the greatness.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Something WittySomething Witty Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It sure as hell would.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It sure as hell would.
    The porcupine and bear scenes would certainly go a little differently.

Fencingsax on
  • Wyvern998Wyvern998 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I like the color of the new Hulk. But that preview makes me worry that it's going to be a lot of Banner, not enough Hulk, like the last one.

Mr Pink on
    edited March 2008
    the preview actually made me think there's be a lot more hulk. it looked like we saw a lot of different setups to action sequences, rather than the action itself. which is fine with me.

i did like that they had the ultimates-style 'kick him out of a chopper and he'll transform automatically' thing at one point

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2008
    That looked pretty...cliché?

Garlic Bread on
    edited March 2008
    Wow now I can add Incredible Hulk OFFICIALLY to my excited list.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    That final scene there is two blocks from house, its on the main street in Toronto. Zanzibar a dirty DIRTY ass strip club.

Sharp101 on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Also, some trivia for you.

That Hulk/Abomination fight is taking place on the same block that Harland Williams killed a Diabetic Police Horse by feeding it too much in Half Baked.

Sharp101 on
  • BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    God I hope that scene at the end drops into super-slow-motion so a dove can fly between them. It's the only justification for yet another two-dudes-leaping-at-each-other shot.

Bitstream on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Bitstream wrote: »
    God I hope that scene at the end drops into super-slow-motion so a dove can fly between them. It's the only justification for yet another two-dudes-leaping-at-each-other shot.

It's going to be a gamma dove.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2008
    What, o you want them to shake hands first?

It seems like something two giant monsters, one of which travels mainly by jumping around, would do, you know?

DJ Eebs on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think the trailer looks pretty bad ass but for some reason the Hulk's head seems too small or something. Anyway I'm looking forward to this.

smokmnky on
    edited March 2008
    I feel like I know too much about the movie from watching the trailer, unless the Abomination fight is fairly early in the movie and not Act III.

Lux on
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, I'm gonna need to see a lot more hints at a plot for the Hulk. I'm not really feeling it from that.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I hate his hair.

And I know all you do too.

I liked the last Hulk movie, so I'm pretty excited for this one, especially since it looks like he'll be tangling with someone his own size.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
    edited March 2008
    Dark Knight shown to Theater Owners Nice little write up about Ledger and the fact that they aren't going to change anything just because of his death.

smokmnky on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Dammit smokmnky I came in here six minutes after you to post that.

But still, what Nolan said about honoring Ledger's work makes me happy. I'm glad he's presenting it in it's totallity.

Mr Pink on
    edited March 2008
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    Dammit smokmnky I came in here six minutes after you to post that.

But still, what Nolan said about honoring Ledger's work makes me happy. I'm glad he's presenting it in it's totallity.

Clearly that means I'm better than you :). But you're right Nolan's comments were spot on with what I was hoping they would do for the movie. While Ledger's death was tragic I was really hoping they would not alter any of his performance.

smokmnky on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Lux wrote: »
    I feel like I know too much about the movie from watching the trailer, unless the Abomination fight is fairly early in the movie and not Act III.

Not according to the interview in Empire. Abomination doesn't even show until late into the movie apparently.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2008
    BigDes wrote: »
    Lux wrote: »

Not according to the interview in Empire. Abomination doesn't even show until late into the movie apparently.

That....kind of sucks then, doesn't it?

Because now all I'm expecting is Bruce Banner trying to get rid of the Hulk, the army creating the Abomination, Bruce using the Hulk to defeat the Abomination, and then Hulk winning and everyone is happy. Does that feel a little too standard to anyone else?

Lux on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    I wouldn't worry too much about Abomination getting screentime.

The director has said that there is a 26 minute balls to the wall fight between Abomination and Hulk in the middle of New York towards the end.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Someone who recently watched Justice League: The New Frontier - and liked it - asked about future DC animation plans. DiDio said he'd like to see a "Sinestro Corps War" movie, and Wayne plugged the upcoming animated Batman: Gotham Knight anthology."[/FONT]

Bloods End on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Sinestro Corps War" movie

make it happen

Furu on
This discussion has been closed.