As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bowel Moment of the Week 3/12/08

2»

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    Nova was exceptional this week.
    I didn't quite understand the references to past events in Punisher MAX, simply because I just started a few months back, so if anyone could shed a little light on it, that would be great.
    Evil Dead is also excellent, I'm hoping they do a second mini for the second movie in a few months, when this one is finished.

if you want to spoiler the references, i can try to help.

Angry on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    They mention the Russian incident, and while I know it's a reference to an earlier arc, I don't have any idea what actually happened other than the Russian died.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    They mention the Russian incident, and while I know it's a reference to an earlier arc, I don't have any idea what actually happened other than the Russian died.
    The Russian died in one of the Marvel Knights arcs (after getting cybernetic breast implants, and then nuked). The Russian incident in the MAX series was where Nick Fury and a group of generals sent Frank and another soldier into Russia to bring back a little girl who has some kind of retrovirus in her blood. Unfortunately, the girl's in a missile silo. Long story short, world war 3 nearly breaks out before the Russians get diverted by a suicide attack by Islamic extremists (secretly co-ordinated by Rawlins, an agent working for the US generals who pops up in a few other arcs), Castle gets pissed at the generals for wanting to kill the girl instead of rescuing her, and in the end he makes it back to US soil with her. Earning himself a few enemies in the process, of course.

I love Ennis on Punisher, so hard.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Max and Knights ain't connected, Wiggin.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    'Mother Russia' is one of the best Punisher stories Ennis has written.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    tehfalconertehfalconer moonrocks in my noseRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Munch wrote: »
    DraXXXen wrote: »
    what!!! NOOOOO. :(
    Constrictor has been a favorite of mine ever since he first appeared, and he has been one of the few characters not to be revamped....god I hope they don't mess up this obvious repair/revamp on his arms. I better find this issue and check it out.

I share your pain. But Slott used the character in both She-Hulk and the Thing, so I think it's safe to say he's a fan. I trust him not to screw the character up.
    Well, I trusted him
    to keep Trauma around for a long, long time, and you saw how that worked out.

what happened to Trauma?
    last i remember he was turned into a shrink by Dani Moonstar.

tehfalconer on
    ... you will be the falcon, and I shall remain... The Falconer!
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Trauma squared off against KIA in #9.
    And promptly got cut if not in half so badly that he'll need to get a new right arm. Luckily, Forge seems to have a collection.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    'Mother Russia' is one of the best Punisher stories Ennis has written.

I think maybe my favourite moments in that were the Nick Fury ones.
    Taking off his belt to whip the general or intimidating the surrounding soldiers by just standing next to the Punisher. Then again, the way Frank escapes the silo is ten kinds of awesome.

Bogart on
  • Options
    ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah but isn't this from the same guy who magically resurrected a building full of people that Punisher poisoned and blew up? I don't believe any of them are dead until bodies are in the ground and that includes the decapitated Scarlet Spider. Although I do still like the book quite a bit. I think its the only Slott thing I've ever liked.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fraction never killed all or even any of them, and "resurrected" a whole bunch of them last month in PWJ. Like the saying goes, they're not dead unless you see the body. And you didn't see any in PWJ #4 (although I recall Gibbon being blown out of the bar, on fire). All he did was have Frank commit a very lazy act of violence by not using the poison to kill them, and using a bomb against a bar full of costumed (and therefore presumably armored) supervillains.

Van (I assume) was decapitated. He's not a super. He's just a peak-ability human. And Gyrich and the Baron have made it clear several times that they're just humans, and just clones. Replacing them isn't so much beyond the realm of possibility so much as it's what he did end up doing in What If? with the Thor clone army.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    whuppinswhuppins Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't usually post here; I just want to thank this thread for not being in Artist's Corner, as I originally thought when I glanced at the forum list.

whuppins on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You're welcome.

Annihilation, Nova, Green Lantern Corps., and Booster Gold were all good, but my motw has to be spotting volume 3 of Empowered. *squeal!*

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I thought the last 2 GLC issues have been kinda lame. I'm glad they are getting back to the Mongul stuff next month.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I felt bad considering I like the books so much but I kept getting this nagging feeling of 'Who Gives a FUCK!?' during the whole Boodika secret origin stuff.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Max and Knights ain't connected, Wiggin.

I know that.
    I didn't realize I had the two of them confused, is all.
    So what events are they referring to in the new one?

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Did B.P.R.D. 1946 come out this week? Because if it did, that's my MotW.

Edit: Okay, good. Here was my favorite part.
    BPRD194600316.jpg

BPRD194600317.jpg

BPRD194600318.jpg

BPRD194600319.jpg

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It did, and it was good.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It did, and it was good.

Quite.

Cosmic Sombrero on