As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is your refrigerator running for President? Crits and comments on this shirt?

Demi GourdDemi Gourd Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Artist's Corner
To be equally wary and respectful of the aforementioned rules, I will not post the site where to buy this shirt unless asked in this thread to make it so. That being said, gaze upon my work and tell me whats thou think'eth.

Title of the piece is: "Running for President"

RunningforPresidentLarge.jpg

Edit: the back so you don't have to scroll any.

RforPsloganback.jpg

Demi Gourd on

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This could be clever, I guess. I don't know. But artistic?

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    This could be clever, I guess. I don't know. But artistic?

Its meant to be funny in a clever way, yes. The concept is playing with the old as dirt joke of
    "Is your refigerator running?"
    Well, as the shirt's front indicates, yes this refrigerator is running, but for President

As for artistic, well, I used my artistic ability to think of the idea?

Demi Gourd on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Alright, that's pretty awesome funny.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Because I forgot the back of the design like some kind of forgetful person.

Front:
    RunningforPresidentLarge-1.jpg

Back:
    RforPsloganback.jpg

Demi Gourd on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Much better. Also, it appears to just be us two. I have some candles, mini wheats, and romantic music. Interested?

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Much better. Also, it appears to just be us two. I have some candles, mini wheats, and romantic music. Interested?

I will fetch the cheap wine from the corner store.

Demi Gourd on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I'm going to unleash a year of sexual frustration into you.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I'm going to unleash a year of sexual frustration into you.

This sounds like it could be a contest between the two of us regarding who has more pent up sexual frustration.

More on topic: Hay guyz, anyone wanna buy this clever shirt I made? There's only like 5 people viewing the AC this time of night, so I don't expect much response till this afternoon. There, now I'm dancing on the border of sitewhoring, but I have not posted a link yet, so, yay?

Demi Gourd on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    No monies, but I would.

Also, I think I might win this contest. A year of not getting any, because I bailed on my girlfriend for her friend who didn't put out like she said she would, bailed on her right before she changed her mind and decided she'd go ahead and make me a happy dude, but by that time I was with a new girl who I'm still with who shows no signs of wanting to have sex. Can you beat that?

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    ThaiboxerThaiboxer Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Back in the day before Caller ID, *69 etc. I used to do a lot of prank calls. The one I did most often was... "Hello sir/mam, Is you refrigerator running?" Yes. "Well I guess you better go catch it!" If you think that joke is still funny, then yes this is a funny shirt...

Thaiboxer on
    Playing WoW "only when you are bored" is like smoking "only when you are drinking".
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Thaiboxer wrote: »
    Back in the day before Caller ID, *69 etc. I used to do a lot of prank calls. The one I did most often was... "Hello sir/mam, Is you refrigerator running?" Yes. "Well I guess you better go catch it!" If you think that joke is still funny, then yes this is a funny shirt...

I personally hate the original joke and think its stupid. Thats why I made this shirt, to dress up an old joke and make it look handsome, well, you know what I mean.

Demi Gourd on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think the joke is funny - but I don't think Kenmore is the best choice. Personally, I'd go Frigidaire as I think more people equate the brand name to refridgerators.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Herby wrote: »
    I think the joke is funny - but I don't think Kenmore is the best choice. Personally, I'd go Frigidaire as I think more people equate the brand name to refridgerators.

I had considered some other name options, but I thought frigidaire made the joke too obvious. I want people who look at the shirt to be slightly confused and interested and when they look at the back of the shirt, they think, hey something funny.

Edit a bit: Its also election year, so it kind of plays on that too. Maybe?

Demi Gourd on
  • Options
    anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Kenmore and Frigidaire. The dream team.

anable on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I should be receving the shirt in the mail this Tuesday so I can make sure of the printed quality.
    I'll upload some pictures and stuff.
    I've got some buyers, but I'm also telling them to wait until I've got the real thing to look at.

So, anyone else want to make comments on this shirt before I let the topic fade into forum obscurity?

Demi Gourd on
  • Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think the idea is clever enough, but its too late in the race. Remember when there were like twenty potential candidates? That was the time.

Sublimus on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I got the shirt today in the mail so I thought I'd post how it looks using the horrible quality of my webcam.
    RforPShirtcrappywebcampics.jpg

Demi Gourd on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    The graphic on the front seems incredibly small... either that or you are a giant of a man.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The graphic on the front seems incredibly small... either that or you are a giant of a man.

You're totally right and you're a mod.

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?

Demi Gourd on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    It helps that I'm also criminally insane.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on