As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Canada got something right - Hockey, eh?

• Options
    I Am Not A BearI Am Not A Bear Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Man, fuck the Flames.

I Am Not A Bear on
  • Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I look and whoa, the Canadiens are first in the East.

What the hell, Montreal. You scratch by with Eighth seeds for the past ten years and then all of a sudden you're gunning for number one?

yes I know!

Dadouw on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    vsove wrote: »
    I'm an Oilers fan.

Everything before January this year was fucking depressing.

Everything afterwards made me think we should be sending our players out for genetic testing.

There are far fewer holes in this organization than there have been at any point over the last few seasons. For once, there is hope for the future with a crop of rookies who seem to be capable fucking players.

I just hope Pitkanen has been playing injured, because he is in no way living up to expectations recently. From what I've heard he's been playing with a really bad hip, so that is slightly reassuring.

pitkanen has been playing injured for a couple months. people rag on him as soft, but mact has said dude is a gamer. hemsky has been wearing a cast on his wrist since december, only coming off on gameday.

we have no hope of making the playoffs, but as long as we finish out of the bottom 5 lottery i'm happy. stamkos to the ducks would be horrific.

Angry on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    when did colorado get forsberg back

how did I miss this

he played three games and got injured.

you didn't miss much.

Angry on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2008
    Man, fuck the Flames.

someone needs to tell their AHL affiliate to decide if they want to be good or bad because it's driving me crazy

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Man, they're the only sports team out of the rocky mountain region that I don't fucking hate. Wyoming has nothing, we have to latch on to Colorado teams.

Do you know how horrible it is for A RAIDERS FAN in Wyoming?

isn't being a raiders fan anywhere is going to be pretty horrible?

Angry on
  • Options
    StealthcStealthc Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Go Sharks 11 in a row wooooooooo

Also fuck Sidney Crosby, whiny little bitch. Ovechkin is so much better

Stealthc on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    i like ovechkin more as well, but he isn't better then crosby.

Angry on
  • Options
    ZalenkoZalenko Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Crosby may be a better player by himself, but Ovechkin like, makes plays with his TEAM.

Zalenko on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Also Crosby takes a ton of dives. Its like watching soccer.

Zalenko on
  • Options
    SonnySonny Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Man fuck hockey, it's boring as shit.

Also: Anybody wanna buy snow? Florida, I'm lookin at you.

Sonny on
    Untitled-1-1.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Zalenko wrote: »
    Crosby may be a better player by himself, but Ovechkin like, makes plays with his TEAM.

i don't understand what this means.

Angry on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    What I mean to say is that there is more to contribute to a team than just goals scored. Crosby puts the puck in the net but he doesn't do much else, especially defensively.

Zalenko on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    man what? he has almost a 2 to 1 assist to goal ratio. he's plus 18 this year, was plus 10 last year and in his rookie year he was -1. so obviously he's doing something defensively.

i don't even like crosby, but to write him off as some greedy sniper is patently retarded.

Angry on
  • Options
    Penguin_OtakuPenguin_Otaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hockey is fucking retarded.

Penguin_Otaku on
    sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Man I am not going to get into an internet argument here I just disagree that Crosby is a more valuable asset to a team than Ovechkin.

Zalenko on
  • Options
    Malice AforethoughtMalice Aforethought Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Zalenko wrote: »
    Man I am not going to get into an internet argument here I just disagree that Crosby is a more valuable asset to a team than Ovechkin.

And your reasoning for that opinion apparently has no bearing in reality (based on what you have said so far). Unabashed fanboyism is fine, though, as long as you are willing to admit it.

Malice Aforethought on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    i wouldn't argue that ovechkin might be a better teammate and he's certainly more valuable to washington then crosby is to pittsburgh because after ovechkin there's essentially nothing. semin and backstrom are good, but even together they're no malkin.

Angry on
  • Options
    Wonder BreadWonder Bread Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    MooT wrote: »
    Hey, the CFL's great.
    Though admittedly not as great as Australian Rules Football.
    Anyone actually see that game? It doesn't make any fucking sense. It's the greatest.

I'm from Canada, and I need to tell you something...
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to even tell you this...

The CFL isn't real. It's just a joke we play on people.

Wonder Bread on
  • Options
    KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    MooT wrote: »
    Hey, the CFL's great.
    Though admittedly not as great as Australian Rules Football.
    Anyone actually see that game? It doesn't make any fucking sense. It's the greatest.

I'm from Canada, and I need to tell you something...
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to even tell you this...

The CFL isn't real. It's just a joke we play on people.

I was browsing the wiki page on CFL and under 'Defunct and Inactive Teams' it had listed the Miami Manatees.

Killjoy on
  • Options
    BbajBbaj Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm bringing this thread back dammit.
    Playoffs start Wednesday, and I do not like the fact that the Flames are playing the Sharks. I would have preferred that they play the Wild, but oh well.

Bbaj on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I am happy the Canucks are out. Oh my god they were so shitty this year I'm not upset that I spent half my time in the states and missed hearing about their obscene record for the most part.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    God damn Canucks

It's no wonder we're such a band wagon city, our team will go from shit, to solid competitor for winning top in the north division, to missing the playoffs in record time

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    our local AHL team (the quad city flames) just missed the playoffs making this the first year our area's minor league team hasn't made the playoffs

in other words fuck your shitty minor league system calgary you goddamn fuckers

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2008
    time up

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Retarded_TurkeyRetarded_Turkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Trillian wrote: »
    I am happy the Canucks are out. Oh my god they were so shitty this year I'm not upset that I spent half my time in the states and missed hearing about their obscene record for the most part.

The best part of the Canucks being out means the Moose get some of their talent back in time for the AHL playoffs.

Retarded_Turkey on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The best part of the Canucks being out is I win $20.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    fuckin the week before i come to canada to watch osme games and vancouver are shunted out of the competition. i'd even have gone for the leafs

i guess i'll have to look out for the sens, and maybe the stars

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man fuck the CFL.

XFL fo lyfe doggers.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    so my province (nova scotia) is going to partially pay for sex change operations. for mental health etc etc

cancer medications? still nope.

great priorities

Cancer medication would eat into funds desperately needed to build a boat that drives dangerously fast from one part of the harbour to another and back.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    SSGN727SSGN727 USS MICHIGAN Floating CalmlyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The Wings better either win it all or lose spectacularly in the first round. All or nothing.

SSGN727 on
    Steam | Twitch Stream | Youtube Channel | NNID: Soapdish
  • Options
    VorusVorus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I am so mad at the Rangers right now

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KorlashKorlash Québécois TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Tomorrow the Habs wil be playing against a team they beat eight times this season: the Bruins. Should be interesting. And by "interesting", I mean it will be a brutal massacre.

I'm happy to see that Cristobal Huet managed to successfully contribute in getting two underdogs into the top three of the East.

Korlash on
    396796-1.png
  • Options
    AlpineAlpine Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Come on Sharks

Not like I picked you to go to the finals and made Thornton and Campbell two of my 8 picks in my hockey pool accordingly or nothin

Alpine on
  • Options
    MedBMedB Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man I hope the Flames beat the Sharks. There's always a huge upset every year.

So it looks like Ottawa will be toast against the Penguins...anyone not see this coming?

Big night tonight! Habs vs. Bruins and game 2 of Flames vs. Sharks. The Canadiens better beat Boston tonight or I am going to be seriously pissed. They went 8-0 in the regular season against them.

GO HABS!

MedB on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    SSGN727 wrote: »
    The Wings better either win it all or lose spectacularly in the first round. All or nothing.

Isn't this how the Wings usually do things in the playoffs? At least the last couple of years.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    our local AHL team (the quad city flames) just missed the playoffs making this the first year our area's minor league team hasn't made the playoffs

in other words fuck your shitty minor league system calgary you goddamn fuckers

Go Giants.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Vorus wrote: »
    I am so mad at the Rangers right now

I love them.

That was a great game. 4-1 final doesn't do that game justice.

Although, Brodeur did not look his usual brick-wallish self. I'm hoping he decides not to step it up in the upcoming games.

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I love Joe Sakic.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    SSGN727SSGN727 USS MICHIGAN Floating CalmlyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Tonkka wrote: »
    SSGN727 wrote: »

Isn't this how the Wings usually do things in the playoffs? At least the last couple of years.

I remember when they lost to Edmonton I threw my nice, heavy stein at the tv. Luckily missed my television and only took out some of my roommates bad movies, I call that a net gain

My prediction for tonight: Wings win 2-1

SSGN727 on
    Steam | Twitch Stream | Youtube Channel | NNID: Soapdish