As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Young Justice was Better Thread

• FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    <3 Miss Martian.

She reminds me a lot of the Teen Titans cartoon's version of Starfire.

Besides that it's more or less the same team, and that's something I'm completely happy with.

Furu on
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I like Joey, but I'm torn having him back. I don't know that he was ever, you know, really redeemed after the whole incident for one thing, and two, he really only works when someone who is really good at drawing expressive faces works on him. Like George Perez.

I think Daniel might be up to snuff, but all the fill-ins? Definitely not.

I think having Joey back is going to set up Vic leaving the team.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    So... why did they change Kid Crusader's name to Alterboy? Was Kid Crusader to politically incorrect for a villain?

I don't know, but there's already a pretty cool character by that name (Altar Boy) in Astro City. I know it's not DCU, but still...

Red or Alive on
    edited December 2006
    I have never ever liked Jericho but, hey, maybe that'll change.

Furu on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    So... why did they change Kid Crusader's name to Alterboy? Was Kid Crusader to politically incorrect for a villain?

I don't know, but there's already a pretty cool character by that name (Altar Boy) in Astro City. I know it's not DCU, but still...

I keep hoping the solicit was wrong, and it's still going to be Kid Crusader.

Hope I do.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited December 2006
    I hope it's actually Kind Crusader.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited December 2006
    Originally it was Altar Boy, and then it was Kid Crusader, and now they're calling him Altar Boy again.

I really hope it's KC, though.

Furu on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I read a review on Ain't it Cool... I don't know why, they hate everything... but they said two things I thought were interesting...

1. Was anyone on the planet really clammoring for them to bring back Jericho? I mean, I know it's just a plot device for the Titan's East (which fits into the future arc from Teen Titans so well, I love it!), but seriously, who really wanted him back?

and...

2. With so many characters they've introduced to be possible Titans, why did they even feel the need to bring him back?

Personally, I still miss Superboy. BUT, I do love the line-up right now. Ravager is growing on me, Kid Devil is freaking awesome, Miss Martian is... simply the best thing ever. And the interplay between Robin and Wondergirl is still simply fascinating to me.

Either way, this is still one of my two favorite books. So, I can live with Jericho.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    My only gripe is the lack of McKone. I thought he was a perfect fit for the book.
    Karma, I have mad respect for you man, but was I the only one that didn't like McKone on that book? If only for the way he drew Bart, which was horrible.

Still, better than Liefeld.

Sars_Boy on
    edited December 2006
    I thought he was great. He had nice, clean lines, and a decent balance between realism and cartoon"iness".

The most important thing? He made the characters look like "Teen" Titans.

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2006
    I liked his art, but I the way he draws Bart just....
    teentitans05.jpeg

Also, I thought this was funny

teentitans23.jpg

Sars_Boy on
    edited December 2006
    I'm not seeing a problem with the first one.

But the second one?

"YO YO YO DJ LIGHT IN THE HIZZZZZZYYYYYY"

Furu on
    edited December 2006
    Furu wrote:
    I'm not seeing a problem with the first one.

But the second one?

"YO YO YO DJ LIGHT IN THE HIZZZZZZYYYYYY"
    Yeah, it's a poor example.

Sars_Boy on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    I didn't like the latest issue.

Squashua on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    And the interplay between Robin and Wondergirl is still simply fascinating to me.

I realize that members of the Bat-clan are not noted for their emotional health, but hells, at least Bats admits that his parents are dead. Most of the interaction is pretty good, but this thing is making me angry.

Fencingsax on
    edited December 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    And the interplay between Robin and Wondergirl is still simply fascinating to me.

I realize that members of the Bat-clan are not noted for their emotional health, but hells, at least Bats admits that his parents are dead. Most of the interaction is pretty good, but this thing is making me angry.

What do you mean? It seems that Robin's fathers death was only dealt with in Teen Titans...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Sentry wrote:

What do you mean? It seems that Robin's fathers death was only dealt with in Teen Titans...

I'm referring to the fact that neither of them (especially Cassie) seem to accept that Superboy is dead, and no one cares. They don't suggest that she get some help, but rather, they encourage her illness. Which is not healthy.

Fencingsax on
    edited December 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Sentry wrote:

I'm referring to the fact that neither of them (especially Cassie) seem to accept that Superboy is dead, and no one cares. They don't suggest that she get some help, but rather, they encourage her illness. Which is not healthy.

OH!! yeah... like how she joined a cult and has massive delussions and no one seems to say anything about it? Yeah... that is pretty messed up. You'd think they would at least have an intervention.

On the other hand, at least no one knows about the massive number of flawed Superboy bodies in his (Robin's) basement (Prestige moment, anyone?), but still... you are right.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    i haven't been reading it, but to be fair, they do live in a world where it's not uncommon for the dead to get better after a while

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited December 2006
    I'd just assume it's something taken care of during the 52 timeline. Either that or she just tried to keep it from the others.

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2006
    Servo wrote:
    i haven't been reading it, but to be fair, they do live in a world where it's not uncommon for the dead to get better after a while

It's just a flesh wound...

That's true... and they did just meet the guy holding the door open between life and death, so it isn't that far-fetched. Still, joining a cult seems like a pretty big commitment to the land of coo-coo...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Man, that was a whole year ago. Stop living in the past.

robosagogo on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Maybe the reason nobody knows about the Superboy clone bodies is because Cassie is stealing them. To rape.

Hensler on
    edited December 2006
    Theres the icing on the cake.

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2006
    Hopefully, when they try to recruit Raven into their little circle of crazy, she'll psionically bitchslap some sense into them

Fencingsax on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, because Raven is known for her sanity.

Hensler on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I have to say I kind of sympathize with Cassie, not that she isn't batshit crazy, but it's more than just losing Connor, on top that her entire support structure basically disapeared. Donna was in space and both Diana and Tim left her for a year to deal with their own shit.

Girl has some serious emotional baggage and writing her as anything other than angsty and kind of insane would be cheating.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Doesn't Cassie still have a mom and the girls from Young Justice?

robosagogo on
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    This is what I have been saying the entire goddamn time.

Sars_Boy on
    edited December 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

I'm pissed that Secret, Arrowette, and Empress didn't at least try out for the Titans. Even though they should have been in easy.

Fencingsax on
    edited December 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

I'm pissed that Secret, Arrowette, and Empress didn't at least try out for the Titans. Even though they should have been in easy.

Well, Secret is normal now, Arrowette is retired, and Anita is probably still raising her parents.

Sars_Boy on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Empress actually showed up in the Day of Vengeance Special, so she's presumably back to active superheroing.

Munch on
  • Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Munch wrote:
    Empress actually showed up in the Day of Vengeance Special, so she's presumably back to active superheroing.
    Didn't she show up white? Maybe there's a new Empress we haven't heard about.

Adaemus1sf on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, but she otherwise looked the exact same, so I'm guessing it was just a coloring error. Besides, who would honestly want to be Empress II? I know DC's gone absolutely fucking nuts with the legacies lately, but there are still better choices out there than a teenage superheroine who was only active for a very short time.

Munch on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Munch wrote:
    I know DC's gone absolutely fucking nuts with the legacies lately

And the Bizzaro-esque evil duplicates. Wonder if there's something to it.

Squashua on
    edited December 2006
    Everyone seems to forget that Cassandra lost her powers when Themyscira vanished. Her current powers come from Ares.

I think it's obvious that it's affecting her personality, and if nothing else, her desire to keep that detail secret is making her more closed-off to her support system.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited December 2006
    Well, you can't blame her. Her boyfriend dies, then the team she's on pretty much turns to shambles. Robin takes off, Diana's gone, Cyborg and Starfire get fucked up in space, Raven disappears, Gar goes back to the Doom Patrol, even Speedy leaves for awhile. All her friends are gone, not to mention Themyscira.

THat if that doesn't make someone just a little off balance, then I don't know what will.

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Well, you can't blame her. Her boyfriend dies, then the team she's on pretty much turns to shambles. Robin takes off, Diana's gone, Cyborg and Starfire get fucked up in space, Raven disappears, Gar goes back to the Doom Patrol, even Speedy leaves for awhile. All her friends are gone, not to mention Themyscira.

THat if that doesn't make someone just a little off balance, then I don't know what will.
    Oh, I don't blame her. I think she's going to have a nice arc while all of this gets dealt with.

The more I think about it, Bruce taking the childrens on a Bat-cation was a dick thing to do.

"Hey, Bruce, Conner just died and I was thinking maybe I could go over to Cas-"

"Tim, we're going to Belgium to fuck hookers."

Conditional_Axe on
    edited December 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:

Oh, I don't blame her. I think she's going to have a nice arc while all of this gets dealt with.

The more I think about it, Bruce taking the childrens on a Bat-cation was a dick thing to do.

"Hey, Bruce, Conner just died and I was thinking maybe I could go over to Cas-"

"Tim, we're going to Belgium to fuck hookers."

"But why?"

"Nothing brings a troubled family together like a fourway in a third world country."

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2006
    My father said just the same thing when I was 9.

So, does anybody else think that Kid Devil is mixed in with a little fellow I like to call Trigon?

Conditional_Axe on