As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DC Solicitations for June 2008

Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm aRegistered User, Disagreeable regular
edited March 2008 in Graphic Violence
Garlic Bread on

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2008
    Manhunter yesssss

Robin/Spoiler yessssssss

Garlic Bread on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    sounds like Spoiler might be Cassandra

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2008
    or they might pull the whole "Leslie Thompkins faked Stephanie's death" thing and Steph went with her to Africa and helped out people there

edit: I mean, it would work out well enough. Leslie wouldn't have actually killed her, which means Batman could "let" her practice medicine/come back to the US, and her message still would have gotten across. Plus, Leslie might be in Gotham Underground, and it would work with Leslie and Stephanie returning in the same series that's basically "War Games again".

Garlic Bread on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The JLA cover looks like they're all taking a nap instead of just been beaten up.

I wonder what the red is covering in the FC cover.

Bloods End on
    edited March 2008
    Bloods End wrote: »
    The JLA cover looks like they're all taking a nap instead of just been beaten up.

that's because ed benes sucks dirty buttholes

Garlic Bread on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Vixen looks really.. white.
    Meet Japan's number one pop culture heroes, the Super Young Team and their languid leader, Most Excellent Superbat!

I've been waiting to see these dudes ever since Morrison mentioned them in an interview a while back.

I'm intrigued by Rafael Albuquerque doing interiors for Robin too. Wonder if Blue Beetle's getting a new artist. Or canceled.

Edit: Oh it's just a one-shot deal.

Munch on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Gog is looking Darkseid-esque.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Manhunter has rude titties. Shouldn't they be somewhat obscured by the darkstar suit?

DouglasDanger on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I am concerned for Batman's wellbeing.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Good Christ, even when Benes draws her unconscious, Wonder Woman needs to be in a back breaking pose.

Fencingsax on
    edited March 2008
    I used like Benes back on Birds of Prey, but it seems like he's falling further and further into the Michael Turner zone every month

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    At least he still draws feet and women have waists. Thankfully he's not reaching those levels yet.

ZombieAsuma on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Good Christ, even when Benes draws her unconscious, Wonder Woman needs to be in a back breaking pose.
    Of course. What's the point of having a girl in your comic book if you can't ogle her tits and her ass at the same time?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Man Batman does not seem to be having any fun in June. He doesn't even get to stroke sleepy Wonder Woman's hair!

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited March 2008
    At least he still draws feet

Look at that JLA image again.

Munch on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    At least he still draws feet

Look at that JLA image again.
    He drew a foot on Red Tornado

Fencingsax on
    edited March 2008
    One blurry foot.

Munch on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    One and a half blurry feet, to be exact.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I like June. I like it a lot. What a great year this is turning out to be.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Because someone has to say it...

The Daily Planet's giant metal globe falls again! They really need to take that thing down once and for all.

Desktop Hippie on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited March 2008
    Heh. I wonder if someone has kept track of how many times that globe has been knocked off/thrown by a supervillain.

DMAC on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I was just thinking that. I mean, seriously, it's like a right of passage for any major supervillian to knock that sucker down.

Mr Pink on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Most Excellent Superbat finally makes his debut

yeah

Algertman on
    edited March 2008
    Can you blame them though? It's so fucking tempting. Glimmering in the sunlight on that little peg of a base.

Bad Karma on
    edited March 2008
    Compare how many times the X-Mansion has been destroyed to the number of times the globe has fallen.

Fencingsax on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2008
    I think the globe has probably got the X-Mansion beat easily. I don't even think it's a contest.

DJ Eebs on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »

Two and a half blurry feet (you can see Black Lightning's foot between Red Tornado's legs).

Anyway, June is looking most excellent. One complaint though, is it me or does it feels like the Kingdom Come arc has been going on forever in JSA.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think the globe has probably got the X-Mansion beat easily. I don't even think it's a contest.

You know, if I were Superman, I would actually make that out of balsa wood, and fill it full of candy. That way, when some villain knocked it down, it was just like Metropolis got a big pinata party. Take that, villain!

Mr Pink on
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Two and a half blurry feet (you can see Black Lightning's foot between Red Tornado's legs).

Anyway, June is looking most excellent. One complaint though, is it me or does it feels like the Kingdom Come arc has been going on forever in JSA.

I'm guessing KC Supes is one of the casualties of the final crisis, so they want him to be around long enough for his death to have an impact.

Desktop Hippie on
    edited March 2008

Delays can do that.

Bad Karma on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Mr Pink wrote: »

You know, if I were Superman, I would actually make that out of balsa wood, and fill it full of candy. That way, when some villain knocked it down, it was just like Metropolis got a big pinata party. Take that, villain!

This is brilliant

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

I'm guessing KC Supes is one of the casualties of the final crisis, so they want him to be around long enough for his death to have an impact.

Except, he's not really doing much in JSA that's going to make anyone give a shit about him yet. :|

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Zeromus wrote: »

Except, he's not really doing much in JSA that's going to make anyone give a shit about him yet. :|

I'm thinking keystone Supes dies and KC supes sticks around.

Mai-Kero on
    edited March 2008
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

I'm thinking keystone Supes dies and KC supes sticks around.
    Wow. KC Supes must have the worst Survivor's guilt ever.

Fencingsax on
    edited March 2008

:?:

Being a nice guy and making Hercules his bitch isn't enough for you? Bah. Someday you'll learn.

Bad Karma on
    edited March 2008
    Full solicits up

rbcv175solicitmy2.jpg
    The events of “Batman R.I.P.” carve a path of destruction through Tim’s life, threatening to rip apart the entire foundation of what made him choose to take on the role of Robin in the first place.
    Tim’s on the run and, with Batman’s life at stake, he can’t afford to make one misstep. Don’t miss Part 1 of a shocking 2-part story that will irrevocably change Tim Drake’s present as Robin…and his hard-won future as Batman.

Uh-oh!

I love that cover, though

Garlic Bread on
    edited March 2008
    Wait, I thought Robin's future as Batman was the bad Dystopian future. Or are we going to forget terrible Titans arcs?

Fencingsax on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    lshcy_cv15.jpg

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited March 2008
    Gonna be jumping on both Superman books in June.. looking forward to that. (but probably not much else)

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2008
    wwcv21solicitak2.jpg

Wonder Woman's a skrull

and also apparently has no boobs

Garlic Bread on