As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yellow and Green and Blue

SnoogySnoogy Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Graphic Violence
So, in Rebirth Kyle explains that the reason the rings didn't work on yellow is because there is an emotional spectrum that runs along side the electromagnetic one, with colors corisponding to emotions. Yellow was fear, Green for willpower. This is apparently the canon explination for Paralax et al.

My thought was that if these are universal terms (and they must be for yellow to always be the weakness for the rings) then what does that suggest about Superman? He gets his power from the yellow sun, and his weakness is green kryptonite. It suggests that Supes gets his power from peoples fear, but gets weak in the face of people who make an effort to stand up to him

it would make for a fun Elseworlds story; Superman: the Hero who Bullys!

Snoogy on

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    no.

Hensler on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Superheroes don't make sense

Don't try and make them make sense

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Wow...you're just grasping for stupid conspiracies.

He gets his power because the radiation from a yellow sun is different than that of a red sun. Also less gravity here. Kryptonite has multiple colors green is just one of them. It's just a color of a mineral like the minerals here on earth.

NinjaSquirrel on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I do think the Blue Beetle scarab will relate to the green/yellow thing though. I wouldn't be surprised to see other weapons relating to different colors and their related emotional connections cropping up in Green Lantern or Blue Beetle.

Munch on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Munch wrote:
    I do think the Blue Beetle scarab will relate to the green/yellow thing though. I wouldn't be surprised to see other weapons relating to different colors and their related emotional connections cropping up in Green Lantern or Blue Beetle.

I wonder what the odds of Blue Beetle getting caught up in the Sinestro Corps stuff next year are?

Furu on
  • Options
    DakDak Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I think the OP made a pretty interesting observation, but should realize sometimes writers just don't take absolutely everything in the world ever into consideration

Dak on
    GAWink.jpg
  • Options
    awesome_andyawesome_andy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    that makes a litle bit of sense,
    although to be honest I never bought into the whole radiation thing either

awesome_andy on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I know it doesn't amount to anything. I just thought it was a funny coincidence, which is why I'd like to see an Elseworlds on it.

I think you are spot on.

Snoogy on
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Except that story got pitched to John Rogers, and he denied it on his blog. For whatever that's worth. This a link to said blogpost

Captain Ultra on
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Don't be so harsh on the OP. It's an interesting idea to play with, although I doubt DC would want it to be canon (as far as it relates to Superman, that is).

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hmm, Batman pretty much preys on criminal's fears, so the times he had the ring, would he get powers from that? Or if he got Sinestro's ring and can use people's fears to feed it or something. Something something time to prepare

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Well, Parallax did call him 'a disciple' at one point.

Hello.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Except that story got pitched to John Rogers, and he denied it on his blog. For whatever that's worth. This a link to said blogpost

That acutally makes me sad. It seemed like the story was being telegraphed pretty clearly, and I was looking forward to them exploring the relationship between the color themed characters.

Snoogy on