As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sailor Moon Collectible Card Game

MC MysteryMC Mystery Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Critical Failures
So. A few years ago my cousin and I went around buying up boxes of cards in dead CCG games. We had both been avid magic players who realized we invested way too much money into them (he more than me, he's about 18 or so years older than me, and had wasted WAY more money/time on that shit than my teenage self had) and so after years of having given up on that (I had taken up Pokemon, and casually buy packs till this day, but very rarely, despite my frequently playing) we started buying in bulk old games that we could get for under 10 bucks. I discovered The Sailor Moon game, which was a beer & pretzels equivalent to Magic/Pokemon with both players playing the sailor scouts AND the villains. It was good times. I bought a starter two player deck, and 4 boxes of the booster packs. The only problem is that the game runs on a mana system, and the mana cards are only available in bulk from decks, so I dusted off the boxes of boosters I never opened today and after some google searching can't find any site that sells the theme decks that contained the various kinds of mana cards needed to play.

Does anyone know of any crazy old sites that would sell old games like this one for cheaps? As the mechanics it turns out are really fun (we played the 2player starter deck for a while and it was good times) and I'd like to play this game with some of my friends who I'm just starting to get them into tabletop gaming.

Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
l_cd41a4eb4e2844f196a9c3046df33f47.jpg
MC Mystery on

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    A good short-term solution would be to proxy them. Stick the decks in those little plastic card protectors, and write "mana" (or whatever) on the front of the ones you're proxying for mana (this makes the backs all look the same).

Thanatos on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I still have three of the character decks, but they're just collectibles far as I'm concerned.

I don't even understand how to play it.

I wish I'd gotten all six while I had the chance, but I have the three best(Moon/Mercury/Venus), so I'm good.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ebay has a set of all 6 decks for $50. Otherwise it sounds like Than's suggestion of Proxies is the best bet.

Last Son on
  • Options
    MC MysteryMC Mystery Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I still have three of the character decks, but they're just collectibles far as I'm concerned.

I don't even understand how to play it.

I wish I'd gotten all six while I had the chance, but I have the three best(Moon/Mercury/Venus), so I'm good.

The game is actually really fun, grab a buddy and the rulebooks, and give it a shot! We're not into Sailor Moon, like, at all. I think I have a few DVDs around here somewhere, but I mean like, I don't know who half these characters are. I just really like the gameplay engine.
    Thanatos wrote: »
    A good short-term solution would be to proxy them. Stick the decks in those little plastic card protectors, and write "mana" (or whatever) on the front of the ones you're proxying for mana (this makes the backs all look the same).

This is something I was considering, but I never could figure out how to make all the backs look the same. I feel like a fool because this was so obvious! Thanks!

Now, I just I could find a few more deckboxes cheaper than 50 dollars.

MC Mystery on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    l_cd41a4eb4e2844f196a9c3046df33f47.jpg