As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Comics Solicitations for June 2008

OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Graphic Violence
Newsarama's got their sneak-peek for their June titles up.

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/June08/solicitations.html
adream_3.jpg
dd_108.jpg
imdoom_3.jpg
im_vegas_2.jpg
dt_lrhv2_4.jpg
clandest_5.jpg
avn_ft_4.jpg
marvel1985_2.jpg
last_def_4.jpg

Edit: CBR has their own selection of early Marvel solicits for June up as well.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=13393
XMENLEGACY213.jpg
XFactor32.jpg
XFORCEDOG.jpg
WOLVFIRSTCLASS4.jpg
XFIRST013.jpg
GENEXT_12.jpg
NEWEXILES007.jpg

Owenashi on

• deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oh man that X-Factor cover is terrible

deadonthestreet on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It really, really is.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    2 things:

1) Whoever that woman is with Daredevil is absolutely screwed.

2) Kitty co-leading the Beastmen is awesome.

Additional: What the hells is Genext? It looks terrible.

Additional Additional: what the fuck is wrong with X-force? It Ain't No Dog?

Fencingsax on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I look at these covers and realize I have no damn clue what is currently happening in the X-verse.

I need to play catch up.

Accualt on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    That first class cover looks horrible as well. Everyone has a "suprise butsekks" look on their face.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    I look at these covers and realize I have no damn clue what is currently happening in the X-verse.

I need to play catch up.

Did you not read Messiah Complex? It was great.

Fencingsax wrote:
    Additional: What the hells is Genext? It looks terrible.

Additional Additional: what the fuck is wrong with X-force? It Ain't No Dog?

It's Claremont, of course it looks terrible. (and it will be)

That Wolverine one-shot is a seperate entity from X-Force.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I thought Messiah Complex was awful? Have my peoples been lying to me again, or did my internet sarcasm detector just fail me?

Also that X-Factor cover? There is not a single redeeming feature to it.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Messiah Complex was okay. There were some parts that weren't good at all (New X-men, unfortunately), but on the whole it wasn't too bad. Also, on the Exiles cover, that lady's nipples must be rock hard.

Fencingsax on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Messiah Complex was okay. There were some parts that weren't good at all (New X-men, unfortunately), but on the whole it wasn't too bad. Also, on the Exiles cover, that lady's nipples must be rock hard.

Sage? Hey, I can't complain.

The Genext guy looks like a smaller version of AoA Colossus.

Scooter on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    The Genext guy looks like a smaller version of AoA Colossus.

Probably because he's Colossus' kid.

But who's the mommmy?

Owenashi on
    edited March 2008
    Duh?

Scooter on
    edited March 2008

Now I can't get over asking what kind of idiot would wear that in a snowstorm. Plus, what's happening in Exiles right now? Is it still sucking?

Fencingsax on
    edited March 2008
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I thought Messiah Complex was awful? Have my peoples been lying to me again, or did my internet sarcasm detector just fail me?

Also that X-Factor cover? There is not a single redeeming feature to it.

Messiah Complex is the best X-event in a long long time. It was a lot of fun and really put the X-line in a great place going forward.

And there's no redeeming thing on the X-Factor cover, but there will be plenty awesome shit inside it.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2008

Now I can't get over asking what kind of idiot would wear that in a snowstorm. Plus, what's happening in Exiles right now? Is it still sucking?

Basically yea

They retired all the good characters and gave us a vanilla Rogue, a completely unsexy Mystique, a confused Psylock and an out-of-his-league Sabertooth

Scooter on
    edited March 2008

Basically yea

They retired all the good characters and gave us a vanilla Rogue, a completely unsexy Mystique, a confused Psylock and an out-of-his-league Sabertooth
    Another Sabertooth or same Sabertooth?

Fencingsax on
    edited March 2008
    Same Exiles Sabertooth

Scooter on
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So if DC's plan is to stick fill-in pencilers on books to keep them shipping on time then I'm guessing that Marvel's plans is for some books to, on occasion, take months off and ship one-shots instead. Like what Thunderbolts does and what X-Force seems to be doing now. I think I'm okay with that as the plot sounds neat and I like Charlie Huston. However, that cover is....frightening.

ZombieAsuma on
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Who drew that X-Force cover, anyway? It looks like someone is taking a page out of Greg Land's book and using completely inappropriate facial expressions.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm fine with fill in one-shots so long as Christos Gage is writing. That X-Force fill in should be good with Huston and Aaron on the story.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Iroh wrote: »
    Who drew that X-Force cover, anyway? It looks like someone is taking a page out of Greg Land's book and using completely inappropriate facial expressions.

Glen Fabry, whose work on Preacher was really quite amazing, so I have to wonder what happened.

DarkPrimus on
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    2 things:

1) Whoever that woman is with Daredevil is absolutely screwed.

It's Dakota North! You really need to read that book.

I'm somewhat amused by the Ghost Rider story. The Ghost: Inside and Out?

Desktop Hippie on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Basically yea

And yet it's still better than 80% of my pull list.

Maybe that's why I'm keeping that, Cap, IIF and GL; and dropping everything else.

wwtMask wrote: »
    I'm fine with fill in one-shots so long as Christos Gage is writing. That X-Force fill in should be good with Huston and Aaron on the story.

I'm torn. I could give a shit about X-Force. But it's Huston.

So... Why not just wait until tomorrow when both sites have the full solicits and none of this mix and match shit?

Crimsondude on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Will I buy any comic with Kitty on the cover with a sword?

Probably.

august on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So if DC's plan is to stick fill-in pencilers on books to keep them shipping on time then I'm guessing that Marvel's plans is for some books to, on occasion, take months off and ship one-shots instead.

Yeah.

Some of the fill-in art on Sinestro Corps was so insulting I just bought the issues with the good art.

Not that I missed much anyway.

august on
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I wasn't aware there was Sinestro Corps fill-in art. However, I've only read the Cyborg Supes, Prime, Ion, & Parallax one-shots along with the Green Lantern issues. I didn't get any of the GLC issues because my shop can't get my folder right.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Does the New Exiles cover make anyone else feel like they are watching a rave?

Mr Pink on
  • Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    full solicits are up

they're finally bringing the usm game into continuity... by rewriting it

Diablo Fett on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You mean the game that was supposed to be in continuity already.

Wow.

Furu on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    ironfistv216rd1.jpg
    IMMORTAL IRON FIST #16
    Written by MATT FRACTION
    Art & Cover by DAVID AJA
    “Happy Birthday, Danny” Part 1 of 1
    In the wake of THE SEVEN CAPITAL CITIES OF HEAVEN, Danny Rand has been busy reinventing and rebuilding his life. Who is he, as a man? As a hero? What does the Iron Fist legacy really mean in this day and age? Where does Danny Rand go next? And just what exactly is up with him and Misty? Are they, like, a thing, or, or what? And why might the 33 candles on Danny’s cake mean the end for the Immortal Iron Fist?

So Fraction is making Danny 33. So I guess Spider-man, DareDevil etc would be about the same, if this is applied to the MU. I imagine it is a good story first, overall Marvel continuity second thing, and I am ok with that.

DouglasDanger on
    edited March 2008
    Spider-Man's about 26 (10-11 years since the start of the MU, Spider-man started at 15, the original X-Men started at 18-20).

Scooter on
    edited March 2008
    Oh man I was totally right about the Fantastic Four SI mini

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2008
    Whoah whoah whoah whoah whoah!

sinvasion003.jpg

...when did this happen???

Desktop Hippie on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    That tree is a Skrull

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

sinvasion003.jpg

Since they first introduced the whole Secret Invasion concept? :)

As for what's on the cover? Well, hard times makes for strange bedfellows. Besides, it's not the first time Tony Stark's made it with a spider.

Owenashi on
    edited March 2008
    Owenashi wrote: »

Since they first introduced the whole Secret Invasion concept? :)

:P Smartarse!
    As for what's on the cover? Well, hard times makes for strange bedfellows. Besides, it's not the first time Tony Stark's made it with a spider.

...Tony and Peter? Seriously? Which comic was that in?

Desktop Hippie on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Holy shit! Did we know Fraction was writing the Kate Bishop issue of Young Avengers Presents? If we did, why did no one tell me!?
    yngavngrspr006_cvr_col.jpg
    YOUNG AVENGERS PRESENTS #6 (of 6)
    Written by MATT FRACTION
    Penciled by ALAN DAVIS
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    Kate Bishop wants to be a hero. Kate Bishop wants to be a leader. Kate wants to be strong, and proud, and true to her calling. Kate just wants to take care of everybody. Kate just wants to be friends. Kate wants to be stronger than all this. Kate Bishop never wanted anything more than she wants to be a Young Avenger. Kate Bishop wants to be Hawkeye. Here, she finally comes face to face with Clint Barton. Now Kate's gonna have to fight for each and every thing that she wants...especially her name. Wanting something can be miles away from actually earning it. By Matt Fraction
    (INVINCIBLE IRON MAN, PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL) and the legendary Alan Davis (CLANDESTINE, EXCALIBUR).

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited March 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Holy shit! Did we know Fraction was writing the Kate Bishop issue of Young Avengers Presents? If we did, why did no one tell me!?

Didn't know either, just spotted it. I'm so excited for that I can't even say.

Desktop Hippie on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    man what is up with all these iron man minis

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited March 2008

Jess and Tony smooching in a tree

It hasn't happaned yet