As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Yet Unnamed PAX Pub Crawl

• Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    McDonald's isn't Scottish?

WTF someone lied to me.

Irish food is the shit, but oh man will it stuff you and make you gain weight like no other. :P

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    It depends more on location, bar size, and turnout, but I wouldn't mind starting off at a place like Kell's. Assuming they can serve a proper pint of Guinness.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I will finally be 21 at PAX this year, fuck yes

Azio on
  • Options
    seraphexseraphex Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Monoxide wrote: »
    It depends more on location, bar size, and turnout, but I wouldn't mind starting off at a place like Kell's. Assuming they can serve a proper pint of Guinness.

O_o ....oh they'll pour you a proper pint, my friend. The question is can you handle a proper pint? Ok I'm through hijacking. Sorry for the diversion. I'll take my Kells love-fest elsewhere. :P

Ryan

seraphex on
    If I had talent, I wouldn't need all this money.
    Twitter - @papapwnsPAX
  • Options
    katherine_84fkatherine_84f Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    seraphex wrote: »

O_o ....oh they'll pour you a proper pint, my friend. The question is can you handle a proper pint? Ok I'm through hijacking. Sorry for the diversion. I'll take my Kells love-fest elsewhere. :P

Ryan

Apparently a "proper" pint of Guinness has to have a shamrock on the head, similar to those crazy coffee drinks with hearts and stuff like that in the foam on top. And that's the end of my threadjack.. looking forward to this pub crawl! Should we bring our games and consoles with us, and just plug 'em into the TV's at the bars? Ha, that would be awesome.

katherine_84f on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    At a minimum we bring the DSes and play drinking games using Mario Kart or whatever.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Imperfect wrote: »
    At a minimum we bring the DSes and play drinking games using Mario Kart or whatever.

NEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd.

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well yeah, but I'll drink YOU under the table.

...and if I don't? I STILL WIN! I'M DRUNK! AHAHAHAHAHAH!

whoooo.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2008
    If you don't drink him under the table, you'll be passed out, because you tried and failed. If you don't pass out/throw up, you weren't trying.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Shit, I'm pretty sure I can drink him under the table AND pass out/throw up.

I am a jerk of all trades, as it were.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I prefer NOT throwing up myself. Maybe it's a girl thing?

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    i'll so be there for this :D

Guek on
  • Options
    GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Shit, I'm pretty sure I can drink him under the table AND pass out/throw up.

I am a jerk of all trades, as it were.

It's on.

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    If you don't drink him under the table, you'll be passed out, because you tried and failed. If you don't pass out/throw up, you weren't trying.

and then i draw shit on you!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    As a local, I would suggest a Capitol Hill pub crawl instead of a downtown/Belltown one that the OP seems to be suggesting. Capitol Hill is on the East side of I-5.

Speaking very generally, Capitol Hill has more hipsters, and Belltown has more frat boys. Capitol Hill is where it's at if you want to see Seattle culture. Linda's is great, as is Six Arms. Cafe Metropolitan has a solid happy hour. The Elysian has some great brews, but their food is mediocre. The Barca Lounge is good, as is Chapel (they have more cocktails than beer, though). The Summit Public House is also good. The Satellite Lounge and the Comet are up there, too. Regarding the Comet, to quote Roadhouse: "It's the kind of place where they sweep up the eyeballs after closing," so we may want to skip that one. I really like Cha Cha, but that place is packed on the weekends, so getting a group in there is going to be rough. The Stumbling Monk has some really good Belgian brews.

My point is that a pub crawl on Capitol Hill would be more fun than downtown.

Doc on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I agree with a lot of what Doc is saying.

Also, it is a lot mure fun to stumble downhill than up.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, especially given how steep those seattle hills are. My back aches just thinking about that QFC walk.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Yeah, especially given how steep those seattle hills are. My back aches just thinking about that QFC walk.

and you're skinny, imagine how us fat people feel!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Since this is still unnamed...I have a suggestion for an idea.
    Incorporate Brawl somehow

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I mostly kept it downhill.

link to googlemaps-fu

I added Dick's Drive-in, even though it's not a bar because people will want food.

Doc on
  • Options
    MLORDMLORD Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I know I have been talking to a few of the local club nights around the area and found a DNB (Drum and Bass) night that happens every Saturday. Myself and a few other PAX goers will be performing the saturday evening of PAX this year. I am trying to work out discounts with the establishment to give specials to PAX badge holders. Plus side is this facility also holds pool tables and 2 floors of space down side is yes its all 21+ but thats kinda whats implied by the bar crawl I suppose heh Anyways i thought I would offer that cause ever since PAX last year I wanted to try and find a big place for people to go to drink with good vibes and music ;) Contact me by PM if you need more info

MLORD on
    M.LORD
    Staticwave Entertainment
    AIM DJMLORD2001
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    MLORD wrote: »
    I know I have been talking to a few of the local club nights around the area and found a DNB (Drum and Bass) night that happens every Saturday. Myself and a few other PAX goers will be performing the saturday evening of PAX this year. I am trying to work out discounts with the establishment to give specials to PAX badge holders. Plus side is this facility also holds pool tables and 2 floors of space down side is yes its all 21+ but thats kinda whats implied by the bar crawl I suppose heh Anyways i thought I would offer that cause ever since PAX last year I wanted to try and find a big place for people to go to drink with good vibes and music ;) Contact me by PM if you need more info

My guess is that this is in Belltown, is that correct?

Doc on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Seattle location temple billiards is the name of the venue I believe I am at work so cant look at exact details but yeah its worth the trip if you prefer the tunes pool and good drinks.

MLORD on
    M.LORD
    Staticwave Entertainment
    AIM DJMLORD2001
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    MLORD wrote: »
    Seattle location temple billiards is the name of the venue I believe I am at work so cant look at exact details but yeah its worth the trip if you prefer the tunes pool and good drinks.

It's downtown, just north of the sports arenas.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    yeah i played there last month and had a great time, night is called ONSET and has had a consistant following for awhile now, cool spot

MLORD on
    M.LORD
    Staticwave Entertainment
    AIM DJMLORD2001
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    Doc wrote: »
    I mostly kept it downhill.

link to googlemaps-fu

I added Dick's Drive-in, even though it's not a bar because people will want food.

Dicks is a must. They are the best when drunk.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Updated to add another bar:

Plan 1

Plan 2

Plan 2 leaves off Dick's as well as two bars, but it's an easier walk and people might not want to go to that many anyway.

It should be noted that while I'm happy to suggest places to go in Seattle, I have no intention of leading this group.

Doc on
  • Options
    DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I like plan two a lot better. Mostly because plan 1 basically leaves 30 minutes per bar. And if this is just a bunch of people going from pub to pub rather than an arranged pub crawl with the bars that is going to be a lot of cash in cover fees.

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    after walking everywhere in london for the past 2 months, i'd like to say neither of those is a "hard walk" :P

why not shave off F and E and just go directly to Dicks from C? The people that want to eat can split up and then meet up back with the group at pub B

Guek on
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    As a recent alumni of Arizona State University (graduated in December ^__^) I approve this crawl and look forward to drinking something other than bud light from a flat keg.

AltDelete on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    So I made some changes to Doc's route just as an example of what we would have to do to make this work out.

This is on an 8:00PM to 2:00AM time schedule making a six hour full crawl, with two 3-hour mini-routes.

Full route
    Pre-Dick's short route
    Post-Dick's short route
    (Note: I removed the Elysian for this example because 8 stops is one too many, but any other bar could be removed instead if that's more worthwhile)

If there's a big turnout, half of the people attending would be going backwards (Starting at Six Arms) and meeting up at Dick's in the center, so half-route people could choose a pass on either side, early or late.

That would basically make the schedule:
    (X:XX XX - Group A / Group B )
    8:00 PM - The Chapel / Six Arms
    8:50 PM - The Stumbling Monk / Linda's
    9:40 PM - Cafe Metropolitan / Barca
    10:30 PM - Dick's --Midpoint. People leave/arrive.
    11:20 PM - Barca / Cafe Metropolitan
    12:10 AM - Linda's / The Stumbling Monk
    1:00 AM - Six Arms / The Chapel
    1:50 AM - Crawl ends/Last Call

Throw in some extra minutes for travel time because they aren't equal distances and it sounds like it could work

Monoxide on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Also worth noting is that none of those bars should have cover.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

well then, that's perfect.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Dammit Doc, your map (while well done and probably a great idea) made me very sad.

No more Ileen's

No more Jimmy Woo's

If either of those places were still in existence they would be that final stop on any route. Intentional or not.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    MICROCORPMICROCORP Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I live on on capitol hill. I think I'll meet up at the stumbling monk. Jamison will be my drink of choice.

MICROCORP on
  • Options
    GbuttonGbutton Registered User new member
    edited April 2008
    Hey,

Admittedly, I'm not from the biggest town in the country but whenever we do manage to get a pub crawl going we call ahead to the bars a guarentee that they will get 30 customers buying drinks. 9 times out of 10 they will wave the cover charge. Now, I don't know how they do it in the big city but it might be worth a shot.

Gbutton on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Haha, cover charge. I will skip any bar with a cover on principle.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited April 2008

well then, that's perfect.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    Miss_CrystalMiss_Crystal Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh lord, count me in!

Hell, I'll even bring my boobs out for this occasion :)
    Nevermind...they're out for every occasion. That's practically how we shake hands in roller derby.

As long as I can stumble from one place to the next and not have public intoxication laws to deal with, like we do here in TexASS, I'll drink Guiness with y'all till the sun comes up :) and/or PAX opens.

Miss_Crystal on
  • Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

Hell, I'll even bring my boobs out for this occasion

I'll drink Guiness with y'all till the sun comes up :) and/or PAX opens.

That's my kind of woman.

Highfire on
This discussion has been closed.