As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW [Chat]: What will Drysc do?

• Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Agreed.

But only if they're still down once I get home in about 45 minutes.

The QQ'ing on the forums from all the people (kids and adults alike) who have today off or free always makes me smile. Their tears only feed my power.

Yes I always enjoy this. Especially on patch days, when I want to be home crying about my broken addons and lag too. Still an hour of work to go. :cry:

Looks like you may have a chance today. ED and Sarg still aren't on the server list

Edit: Sarg is up, wee.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Agreed.

But only if they're still down once I get home in about 45 minutes.

The QQ'ing on the forums from all the people (kids and adults alike) who have today off or free always makes me smile. Their tears only feed my power.

Yes I always enjoy this. Especially on patch days, when I want to be home crying about my broken addons and lag too. Still an hour of work to go. :cry:

Did I miss something and they're patching 2.4 today? O.O

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    No patch.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    No patch.

Bah. What the hell do they do on all their tuesday maintenance days if they aren't patching anything?

Combining the collective several hundred servers into a superfarm that they rent out to Nasa for CPU time? I mean seriously...

Hey look guys, no patch today, but we have decided to give you a special treat of not changing anything but bringing down the servers for regularly scheduled rental time. Thanks for your $15.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think my boyfriend likes to taunt me by telling me the heroic daily & then doing it because he's home, & I'm at work.

Oh no, he thinks I don't know he is. But I have a special informant! ^_^

And he's not checking on my hearts of darkness auctions. He could make himself useful while he's there.

Two & half more hours to go. *sigh*

zagi on
    edited March 2008
    The QQ'ing on the forums from all the people (kids and adults alike) who work today or are stuck at school always makes me smile. Their tears only feed my power.

Soviet Waffle on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So at what level am I supposed to head over to the new and improved (and supposedly awesome) Dustwallow? 34 now.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I hate having Tuesday's off for this very reason. Stupid servers.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2008
    The QQ'ing on the forums from all the people (kids and adults alike) who work today or are stuck at school always makes me smile. Their tears only feed my power.

Why would they QQ about being stuck at work when they can't get on and play anyways because the servers are down?

Septus on
    edited March 2008

Why would they QQ about being stuck at work when they can't get on and play anyways because the servers are down?

Shut upppppp

Soviet Waffle on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ha ha, Waffle got owned.

reVerse on
  • LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    So at what level am I supposed to head over to the new and improved (and supposedly awesome) Dustwallow? 34 now.
    I just hit 39 and I headed over to Brackenwall last night (for the FP). Things I passed on my way in were around 36-37ish. So I would guess around level 35ish you could probably get in there. Though you might want to wait a few more levels.

LineNoiz on
    edited March 2008
    reVerse wrote: »
    Ha ha, Waffle got owned.

:cry:He got me, there's no denying that.

:rotate:

Soviet Waffle on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »

You can wait until 35 or 36.

Seg on
    edited March 2008
    35 is a perfectly viable level to go there, 34 would work as well(with varying success depending on class). I would recommend going sooner rather than later, if only to speed your way to lvl 40 and whatever awesome talent you might get there as well as your mount.

Septus on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I hate having Tuesday's off for this very reason. Stupid servers.

Seconded. Starting next month, this will cut my playtime in half.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    No patch.

Bah. What the hell do they do on all their tuesday maintenance days if they aren't patching anything?

Combining the collective several hundred servers into a superfarm that they rent out to Nasa for CPU time? I mean seriously...

Hey look guys, no patch today, but we have decided to give you a special treat of not changing anything but bringing down the servers for regularly scheduled rental time. Thanks for your $15.

Server maintenance, it seems. They've needed it since day one, and while we've gotten lucky with the occasional rolling restart week, apparently they do in fact need 6+ hours to tidy shit up. Hell, if they could guarantee a smooth week by keeping 'em down another couple hours, I'd support that too (ignoring that I, of course, am not playing until 6 or so anyway due to work + travel time).

I don't see why this is surprising. It's part of the deal. We've known it was part of the deal since they released the game. Suck it up, accept that Tuesdays are probably a lost cause until the afternoon and go do something! Laundry! DVDs! Read a book! Go fall in love (or just enjoy lust for a couple hours with someone fun)! Something, anything! It's not the end of the World... of Warcraft.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fall in love?! But I'm married!

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I am really curious what they do during the maintenance periods just from a curiousity standpoint. I can't think of a reason they'd need to be down for more than a rolling restart unless they were patching something in. Maybe they store a bunch of temporary data on hard drives that need to be erased on a weekly basis?

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    If this allows them to put Spinebreaker back on solid hardware so I can go back down to 100-200ms instead of 400-600, by all means take 12 hours to do it.

While I'm at work.

Bwahahahahaha.

In other news, I got my 5th 70 two days ago. Good times had by all. I was a bit worried about doing Arena's with my BE mage since I had been tortured in BGs by fear and was cursing not rolling an Undead, but then I ran 10 matches, only got feared twice, and used my extra silence pretty much every match to shut down a healer.

I am king! KING OF THE NEW PAGE! BEHOLD THE GLORY OF POAST!

JAEF on
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    ban jaef

wait no

that's not harsh enough

kill jaef

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
    edited March 2008
    If we kell Jaef then how can he hear us laughing at his banning?

Soviet Waffle on
  • suttbeckssuttbecks Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    someone convince me to roll on their server and play with them (preferably horde)

I'm a handsome, well endowed man looking for a home

suttbecks on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    deowolf wrote: »

Have you tried divorce? It can clear that problem right up.

Thomamelas on
  • Chad SexingtonChad Sexington Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Server message said that Dark Iron was down... but I tried logging anyway and it worked! Wonder how long it's actually been up...

Chad Sexington on
  • zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Crushridge's gone down a few times already. *crosses fingers & hopes for stability by raid time*

zagi on
    edited March 2008
    suttbecks wrote: »
    someone convince me to roll on their server and play with them (preferably horde)

Ravenholdt is your best bet for people here who play. Arygos is pve with two or three people from the guild, but Sargeras and Ravenholdt have the most, and Ravenholdt will be much smoother levelling with the imbalance of Horde to Alliance.

Septus on
    edited March 2008

Ravenholdt is your best bet for people here who play. Arygos is pve with two or three people from the guild, but Sargeras and Ravenholdt have the most, and Ravenholdt will be much smoother levelling with the imbalance of Horde to Alliance.

that's what I thought too, but I've been checking the server out the last few days and there has never been more than 4 or 5 people on.

suttbecks on
    edited March 2008
    Sargeras isn't too big. People who use the forum and are in OS:
    projectmayhem (Deca)
    Me (Jundia/Vantha)
    Wulf (Dhavlesh/Dhaval)
    That's about it. Problem is it's very cliqued, and kind've hard to break into (With no one really levelling new characters)

Soviet Waffle on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I made a new character in Diablo during the server downage. It goes alot faster than I remembered, got all the way down to level 5 pretty quickly and got arkaine's valour.

Then I logged into wow and realised I didn't really feel like playing.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • lifeincognitolifeincognito Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

that's what I thought too, but I've been checking the server out the last few days and there has never been more than 4 or 5 people on.

What times do you check the server? I only ask because many of us don't keep normal hours as of the US time zones and those Australian folks who pull most of the weight in the guild.

lifeincognito on
    losers weepers. jawas keepers.
    edited March 2008

What times do you check the server? I only ask because many of us don't keep normal hours as of the US time zones and those Australian folks who pull most of the weight in the guild.

evenings, EST

suttbecks on
  • RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    shadowane wrote: »
    Actually it's his defense and spell window which is actually even more useless.

And Ryo what's your characters name? Is he in his bear gear?

Hello shadowane. This is your past. Your past come back to haunt you!

Bizkin

I'm resto right now, but I just logged in my avoidance set, I'll try to remember to keep the armory showing tank gear for a while. Keep in mind that I don't have 3% stats from survival of the fittest, or the other 4% dodge from the rest of the tree.

Ryokaze on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

Well you might as well just off yourself now.

Dhalphir on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

So go enjoy that "Lust" thing for a whi... oh wait, married.

Yeah, sorry.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited March 2008

I think it's the best you're gonna get for PA people. During prime time, Beasts will usually have about 7-10 people, a few more on a raid night.

And yeah, there's not really anyone to group with prior to 70.

This is the massive problem with the splintering of ruletype/factions/sheer number of servers in WoW.

Septus on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=KE1TGCw2k6g

Fury of the Sunwell Trailer.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=KE1TGCw2k6g

Fury of the Sunwell Trailer.
    drmnc2.jpg

SabreMau on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Why would you look at anything below the video?

You enjoy pain?

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

I think it's the best you're gonna get for PA people. During prime time, Beasts will usually have about 7-10 people, a few more on a raid night.

And yeah, there's not really anyone to group with prior to 70.

This is the massive problem with the splintering of ruletype/factions/sheer number of servers in WoW.

We're actually a medium-sized guild by most standards, we just don't show those numbers consistently. We do, however, almost always have enough to run an instance or PvP, and what else is there to do? There isn't really anyone to group with prior to 60, but there are a fair number of people 60-70 right now.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.