As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NFL

ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Social Entropy++
NFL-logo-793970.gif

Here's our new NFL thread since the last one broke 100.

Regular season is winding down, who's going to make it to the playoffs?

NFC is wide open right now

AFC is a little more clear cut.

Who's it going to be?

QcGKhPm.jpg
ShimSham on

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ravens, all the way. It is destiny. Rather watch a badass defense than a fancy offense any day of the week

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Do The Rams still suck?

Yeah?

Okay then, so you guys next year.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ravens, all the way. It is destiny. Rather watch a badass defense than a fancy offense any day of the week
    A couple of seasons ago I picked up the Ravens for my defense in Fantasy Football, and they were pretty nuts with earning me points. So many defensive touchdowns.

I haven't been watching the season at all this year. Did they pick up that routine again?

Henroid on
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    A couple of seasons ago I picked up the Ravens for my defense in Fantasy Football, and they were pretty nuts with earning me points. So many defensive touchdowns.

I haven't been watching the season at all this year. Did they pick up that routine again?

Lead the league in interceptions, top 5 defense combine that with a B-rated offense the Ravens are the most balanced team in the AFC.

If the Bengals do not make it into the playoffs there is no team that, to me, poses a real threat to the Ravens.

They have already beaten the Chargers, the Colts have almost no defense, the Patriots are NOT what they once were, the Broncos have been going downhill since they beat the Ravens earlier in the season.

The Bengals are the only team that scares me - other than that I am taking my blackbirds all the way this year.

Now, NFC - I'm going with a tossup between the Saints and the Bears. The Saints are playing like a team possessed and Bush has finally come into his own in the Big Easy.

Superbowl: Ravens v Saints

I would be happy no matter who wins that.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Saints... though I'll be damned if I know how they will beat the Bears.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    McNair in the hizzouse. Love the dude so much.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Why watch the NFL when you can experience it via Madden.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Jasconius wrote:
    Saints... though I'll be damned if I know how they will beat the Bears.

I lose faith in the Bears because Rex Grossman could have a bad day at anytime, for no apparent reason.

Meanwhile Brees, Bush and Colston have been nothing but cosistant and steady all year.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    FortyTwo wrote:
    Superbowl: Ravens v Saints

I would be happy no matter who wins that.
    That's a hell of a prediction. It'll be fun to watch though.

Henroid on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Lord Dave wrote:
    Madden is quite possibly the most annoying figure ever in sports.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:

In terms of Ravens I would sex, McNair definitely is up there, but Ray Lewis will always own my heart. Of course, nothing would be left of me afterwards, but I'm okay with that.

I'm just worried if McNair has enough in the tank for an extended playoff run. Its comforting to know that nothing short of a missing limb will stop him from getting on the field though.

lostwords on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:

In terms of Ravens I would sex, McNair definitely is up there, but Ray Lewis will always own my heart. Of course, nothing would be left of me afterwards, but I'm okay with that.

I'm just worried if McNair has enough in the tank for an extended playoff run. Its comforting to know that nothing short of a missing limb will stop him from getting on the field though.

I forget, are you a woman, gay or just SE++ gay. I mean I want to sex Callius up too, but Mrs. Callius? when did THAT happen?

oh yes and go Ravens.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Lord Dave wrote:
    Madden is quite possibly the most annoying figure ever in sports.

They're not gonna get a touchdown if they can't get into the end zone dyna.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    FortyTwo wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

I forget, are you a woman, gay or just SE++ gay. I mean I want to sex Callius up too, but Mrs. Callius? when did THAT happen?

oh yes and go Ravens.

Ambigiously gay? Titles from that silly change your title game thread. I should change it, but my heart says no.

Also, definitely go Ravens.

I was trying to buy tickets for a Ravens game this season, but once they started getting ridiculous, the prices sky rocketed. I don't even want to think about prices for the play offs.

lostwords on
  • Options
    cowmeetcowmeet Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Patriots will be there, guarantee it.

cowmeet on
    60555833fo7.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    cowmeet wrote:
    Patriots will be there, guarantee it.
    Yes especially after the way they've handled the rest of the AFC East.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    Lord Dave wrote:
    Haha, nice!

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I would like to think that San Diego will make it all the way this year but it seems unlikely that Marty will suffer a debilitating stroke prior to blowing it for them in the playoffs.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bears vs Hurricane Ditka.
    78 to 2 cause they'd get a safety cause it's Hurricane Ditka

No, I dunno, the Bears had a ridiculously easy schedule. The Cowboys could pull off an upset, or maybe the Aints will ride the Bush train all the way to the Superbowl. Then again the Giants could surprise everyone... I don't think the Seahawks will return... hell they may not win their division (ololl suck it!!)

jwalk on
  • Options
    The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    NINEEEEEEEEERS

(they sorta have a chance....sorta)

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yeah as much as I'd love to see them win the division, I doubt they have much chance to actually go anywhere in the playoffs (PLAYoffs???)

Besides, they have to beat both Ariz (possible) and Denver (hard) while Seattle only has to beat San Diego (hard) OR Tampa Bay (hahah). Any combo of a 9ers loss or Seatte win and they clinch.

The funny part is, if some miracle happens.. they end up tied with the same win/loss record, but the Niners win the division because they swept the season series... AAAHhahah!

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Ditka was probably the worst coach ever to win a Super Bowl.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I want the Bears to win the NFC because they have the best chance at holding LT short of 3 TDs in the Superbowl.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I want the Bears to win the NFC because they have the best chance at holding LT short of 3 TDs in the Superbowl.

Don't worry, the Ravens will take care of that when they knock them out of the playoffs.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I think Rex Grossman's 42 gunslings will prevent that come playoff time. Just a hunch.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    wombatwombat __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    San Diego Super Chargers!

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
    Vote for my film! (watching it is also an option)
    wii friend code: 7623 9955 2119 1775
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I think Rex Grossman's 42 gunslings will prevent that come playoff time. Just a hunch.

He had a good game last week. All he really has to do is settle down and cause less than 2 turnovers a game. He's practically guaranteed a defensive or special teams score against any NFC team. The only team Chicago really has to worry about is New Orleans. Hasselbeck's receivers can't catch and Romo can have as bad of habits as Grossman in big games.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    wombat wrote:
    San Diego Super Chargers!

FUCK THEM

FUCK THEM SO HARD

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    jwalk wrote:
    Yeah as much as I'd love to see them win the division, I doubt they have much chance to actually go anywhere in the playoffs (PLAYoffs???)

Besides, they have to beat both Ariz (possible) and Denver (hard) while Seattle only has to beat San Diego (hard) OR Tampa Bay (hahah). Any combo of a 9ers loss or Seatte win and they clinch.

The funny part is, if some miracle happens.. they end up tied with the same win/loss record, but the Niners win the division because they swept the season series... AAAHhahah!
    Right now I'd just be happy with a wildcard.

Just seeing the niners back in the playoffs in any form can do wonders for their team.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    GOJIRA!GOJIRA! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Watching the Monday Night game in StL this week was comical.

Every Bears possession seemed like they were playing at Soldier Field instead of the Jonesin' Dome.

Its a good feeling to be a Stl Cardinals / Bears fan. Best of both worlds.

GOJIRA! on
    "We are cursed," said Iyad Sarraj, a Gaza psychiatrist and a human rights activist. "Our leaders are either Israeli collaborators, asses, or mentally unstable."
    Sounds vaguely familiar...
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    GOJIRA! wrote:

Every Bears possession seemed like they were playing at Soldier Field instead of the Jonesin' Dome.

Ha ha! I'll bet.

Butters on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    GOJIRA! wrote:

Ha ha! I'll bet.
    It's really depressing when you love football, hate baseball, and your hometown is St. Louis.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    FortyTwo wrote:

Don't worry, the Ravens will take care of that when they knock them out of the playoffs.

oh man that is funny

hold on i can't tyupe i'm laughing too hard

lol

the wook on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    yeah that's ridiculous they'll be out of the playoffs way before they get to play baltimore

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    yeah that's ridiculous they'll be out of the playoffs way before they get to play baltimore
    Me and you have date New Years Eve... day.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ShimSham wrote:
    Me and you have date New Years Eve... day.

AS IF IT MATTERED

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    the wook wrote:
    FortyTwo wrote:

oh man that is funny

hold on i can't tyupe i'm laughing too hard

lol

Ravens beat the Chargers once already this year. LT - 98 yards, ZERO TDs

so yeah.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Guys I'm excited for my first NFL game sunday.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    edited December 2006
    JohnHam wrote:
    Guys I'm excited for my first NFL game sunday.
    Are you the kicker?

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    TalonTalon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    san-diego-chargers.jpg

Talon on
    cheesewhizsig.gif
This discussion has been closed.