As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW [Chat]: What will Drysc do?

• JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Cool. Just hopped on Dark Iron, joined my old raid guild's nightly raid and killed Rage Winterchill, Najentus and Supremus while Spinebreaker was down.

Little Jim you wouldn't be spouting those hateful words if you knew what it felt like to be killed.

/sniffle

JAEF on
  • Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I HAVE COMPLETED THE HARDEST QUEST LINE.

Horde Onyxia Quest Line? Easy.
    Priest Epic Weapon? Cake
    Hunter quest? Tricky, but shit is easy son.

CALL OF WATER HORDESIDE? WORST CHAIN EVER.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Priest Epic Weapon? Cake

Besides all the running around, what was so bad about it?

Seg on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Seg wrote: »

Priest Epic Weapon? Cake

Besides all the running around, what was so bad about it?

the running around

Dhalphir on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So, nothing really.

You get to complete it by the sweat of your own brow. But the Onyxia quest line spawned a thousand curses against the ultimate idiocy of your teammates.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited March 2008
    I think I spent more time trying to clear the rings in BRD for the Jail break for my Dwarf then I did running my Tauren Shaman around for his Call of Water quest.

Seg on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Jail Break is probably the single worst quest in the game.

reVerse on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    reVerse wrote: »
    Jail Break is probably the single worst quest in the game. And the fucking devs who decided BRD didn't need fucking wings deserves to spend the rest of their lives being gang raped by angry gorillas.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2008
    Oh the 4+ hour BRD runs, how I miss thee. Not.

reVerse on
  • DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Jail Break is probably the single worst quest in the game. And the fucking devs who decided BRD didn't need fucking wings deserve to spend the rest of their lives attempting to solo the Jungle Fever quest in Stranglethorn, in its original form, over and over.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Except they nerfed the shit out of the jungle fever quest. It's one gorilla then another gorilla then... another one. So very lame.

-SPI- on
    edited March 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Except they nerfed the shit out of the jungle fever quest. It's one gorilla then another gorilla then... another one. So very lame.

Feral Druids never had problems with that quest because they can tank five (5) gorillas.

reVerse on
  • DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Yeah, I swears I had intended to put what I most certainly did not just edit in there originally. If, in fact, I had ever not put it in there. Hypothetically.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I was so disappointed after running into the cave with my druid the other day, all ready to solo the impossible Jungle Fever quest.

- Alright, so, I have 10 gorilla fangs and a pile of druid hax ready to go!
    - Oh, only 1 gorilla fang needed to start the quest now. Well, more vendor trash for me I guess.
    - Fully buffed, bear form and ready to spam swipe!
    - *one gorilla*
    - Ok, well, I can just kitty form this.
    - *one more gorilla, with a name*
    - *one last gorilla*
    - Shit.

Coconut Monkey on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Feral Druids never had problems with that quest because they can tank five (5) gorillas.

But if they try and pet a kitten, they crush it.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Dyscord wrote: »

not if that kitten is crushing immune.

Kartan on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Kartan wrote: »
    Dyscord wrote: »

not if that kitten is crushing immune.

Any kitten with 490+ defense is a kitten that does whatever it pleases.

(That'd be crit immune, wouldn't it? Oh well, it sounded funny in my head)

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well the kitten would only need 415 if it specced into Survival of the Fittest, as all kittens should.

riz on
    edited March 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Well the kitten would only need 415 if it specced into Survival of the Fittest, as all kittens should.

Are you assuming that all kittens are druids now?

Sounds kinda racist to me.

Forar on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2008
    I remember going through both BRD and Scholomance in beta (I was in the first group to clear Scholo ever, atleast on PvP beta), it was like zen raiding shit. The best part of those dungeons though was bringing a whole raid of 40 people and just splitting off into groups to the different bosses depending on who needed what.

Unknown User on
  • dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Wait, Scholo used to be 40 man? I remember 10 man, double the chances of people standing in the clouds, but never heard of a 40 man scholo. That probably was before they even added the good drops on the 8 minibosses, too.

dojango on
    edited March 2008
    Well the good drops happened waaay later. The 40 mans didn't really last beyond the spring of '05 I think.

Septus on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2008
    dojango wrote: »
    Wait, Scholo used to be 40 man? I remember 10 man, double the chances of people standing in the clouds, but never heard of a 40 man scholo. That probably was before they even added the good drops on the 8 minibosses, too.

It used to be 5 man if you wanted loot, and it was hard as balls. The first room respawned in like 20 minutes, and the pathers in the rooms after it had like 10 minute respawns. Wipe recovery at the end was freaking epic. If we wiped at the mini bosses we would have to slowfall a priest from the bridge at the beginning and hope he didn't pull aggro. If your group wasn't warrior, priest, mage, warlock, (priest or rogue) you were basically not finishing the instance.

Unknown User on
  • Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Call of Water isn't hard, it's just a pain since it involves running to places I'd usually just breeze by on a mount later.

Jail Break was easy as long as people took the time to clear ahead, which I'll admit half the time PuGs didn't do.

Horde chain was much harder, since it required a full clear of LBRS 5-man, which was a pain if the group wasn't that great (Heh, usually took people 2 runs since it took so long to clear everything).

The good ol' days...

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Man fuck LBRS. Almost as bad as BRD, and less interesting to boot.

captaink on
    edited March 2008
    For some godforsaken reason, Drakkisath became a high impossible boss for all my pug runs in the last 6 months of vanilla WoW.

I just could not get attuned.

Septus on
    edited March 2008
    Forar wrote: »

Well they are either a Druid or they have to have a shield, and a Kitten with a shield is pretty silly.

Seg on
    edited March 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    For some godforsaken reason, Drakkisath became a high impossible boss for all my pug runs in the last 6 months of vanilla WoW.

I just could not get attuned.

as I recall, we had one or two hunters that could kite drakk... the rest would all die before they even got out of his room. Made things a bit hairy, sometimes.

dojango on
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fuck LBRS. I hated that fucking place.

shadowane on
    edited March 2008
    I never got the LBRS hate. I did it a few times 5man way back when, and it never caused any serious trouble.

reVerse on
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    shadowane wrote: »
    Fuck LBRS. I hated that fucking place.

I loved LBRS... But then again, the best times I had in there were on my warrior when I was fully DPS specced. This was before they nerfed windfury totems, and WF procced off of special attacks. I'd use berserker stance the whole time, and between cleave and whirlwind, I'd never run out of rage due to endless WF procs.

And I'd spank any "real" DPS class in damage dealt.

Ahh... those were the days...

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
    edited March 2008
    I never got the LBRS hate. I did it a few times 5man way back when, and it never caused any serious trouble.

I would compare it to shattered halls. Not so bad if you have a good group.. but pretty hellish if you've got a few careless or unskilled people. Used to run it a lot, because our hunters (we had tons) could never seem to get the beaststalker shoulders to drop.

dojango on
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

It was just boring and could be kind of long. Mostly boring.

shadowane on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Pretty much. And can we all agree that DM is an awesome old world instance?

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2008

Which DM?

reVerse on
    edited March 2008

Which DM?

I was going to guess Dire Maul, but Deadmines is pretty damned good too.

Forar on
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I just duoed dm west for enchanting mats. the warlock summoned dreadsteed boss was fun with just 2 people =p

also duoed 45 minute strat. too bad my argent dawn rep has been maxed out forever

DiscoZombie on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »

Well they are either a Druid or they have to have a shield, and a Kitten with a shield is pretty silly.

In before someone Photoshops this. (Bulwark of Azzinoth plz.)

Man, all this talk of old instances is making me all weepy and nostalgic. I ran into fake-Rexxar on my paladin last night and was ranting about how I miss the whole fiasco of having to find him wandering around, and people told me I was crazy. But some of that old annoying stuff is just good memories, y'know?

riz on
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I want to find a good 3 other people to farm Ony with every week. It would feed the nostalgia and also net us about 50g a pop for 10 minutes' work.

DiscoZombie on
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I want to find a good 3 other people to farm Ony with every week. It would feed the nostalgia and also net us about 50g a pop for 10 minutes' work.

It would only take you 10 minutes to clear the entire zone and kill all 3 phases of Onyxia? O_o

Man, I gotta get on that!

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
This discussion has been closed.