As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kael to drop licorice and Montys in 2.4 -- SE++ Wow

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Dely Apple wrote: »
    I try to hop on at 5:30 and it's not even remotely up

They lost our server, didn't they

DID CARMEN SANDIEGO TAKE IT

No, it was the Hamburgluar, all stealin' our mans.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    damn the server isn't up

Its almost nine o'clock here

fuckballs

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    SA wrote: »
    damn the server isn't up

Its almost nine o'clock here

fuckballs

Seriously

I've been fiending all day and now I don't get to play for another three hours 'cus of my lady

I NEED TO DO DAILIES

GOLLLLLLLLLDDDDD

[edit] So due to my total lack of funds, I'm considering dropping Enchanting and levelling Herbalism. I imagine I could do it with a minimum of effort in Azeroth with my epic mount, and then with slightly more effort with my regular flyer in outlands. How long would it take me to get it to 375? Is this a financially viable endeavor? I seriously need to make some gold, since I'm hovering pretty much constantly around 50g, and at this rate I'll never afford my epic flyer.

And I really want a fucking Nether Ray.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    mine better be up, I gots me a vashj to kill

Grath on
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm considering jumping on Dark Iron and getting into a pug raid.

:(

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well she sneaks around the world
    From Kiev to Carolina,
    Shes a sticky finger filcher from Belin down to Beniese
    Aww she'll take you for a ride on a slow boat to China.
    Where in the world is,
    CARMON SANDIAGO!

Bucketman on
    edited March 2008
    I remember thinking Carmen Sandiago was kinda hot

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited March 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I remember thinking Carmen Sandiago was kinda hot

Well yeah. Tall mysterious and clad in red. Sexy lady.

The thing that pisses me off isn't that the server is still down. Its that there is no posts or anything on the forums even aknowlaging it. I mean on the Relm Status forums. And I cannot find a single blue post about it on the Cho'gal forums.

Bucketman on
    edited March 2008
    Well, it's on the list of servers that are down when you log in, but what irks me is the total lack of an EST and the fact that they've been down for like twelve hours

I really have no problem with the tuesday matinence and I'm not even that annoyed, I just wish I had gotten time to do some stuff today :(

But I agree entirely, a blue post would be pretty fucking nice

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited March 2008
    well from what I can read on the battlegroup forums there where a ton of servers down eariler, but Rampage seems to be the last battlegroup to get fixed up. So I guess where just unlucky.

Bucketman on
  • Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So my friend and I went 24 and 7 and got to 1850 in 2s with hunter / paladin, without ever having done 2s with each other. :D

...then realised that I'm 100 points short of my bow, and doing more 2s means I risk losing my rating, so I have to do 3s on a just-for-points team to get points this week which won't get me near as many points as my 2s would D:

But no more Sunfury bow :D

Airking850 on
    edited March 2008
    I find the arena system incredibly confusing.

I did a few arena matches with Mindtrip and pretty much died instantly, leaving him to actually win the fight. It seems to be so different from anything I've experienced I don't know how to approach arena as a holy priest.

Seems to me like Discipline would be the ideal spec for arenas.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Let's call it 7PST official start time, and if it at least gets up before 8 we'll try to do something.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    edited March 2008
    As of 5:30 PDT (I have no clue what time zone that is....I slept through most of Geography) they had no new news and had been working on the problem they had identified for over an hour. It is now almost 8:30 server (Central) time. Now assuming PDT is the same time zone LD is on (the raid times) that means that the servers have been being worked on for about 2 hours now.

Not that it matter. Just keeping you informed.

Bucketman on
    edited March 2008
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Let's call it 7PST official start time, and if it at least gets up before 8 we'll try to do something.

I'll probably be able to login around 7:30 or 8:00 again tonight, so that'd be cool.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Until you get basically a full set of Gladiator gear from BGs, arenas are just 100% awful and frustrating

Then they're still not really fun until you have all your Vindicator stuff, your trinkets, and a few pieces of S3 gear, and you find a well-matched team that you like playing with and are also competent players

Once you get all that, though, there's a ton of fun to be had strategizing for all your different matchups and seeing those strategies through.

Then you get 2k rating, buy sweet gear that other people don't have access to and stand around Orgrimmar for hours at a time talking about how the other people with 2k ratings really aren't that good because they got their rating with a druid and come on, druids are so flavour of the month.

Airking850 on
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Wait, it's not letting me dl the patch... weird.

Sami on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Servers are back online.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
    edited March 2008
    hey buckethead, you and/or fern going to be coming tonight?

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    God damn it!

I still can't take flight points!

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I find the arena system incredibly confusing.

I did a few arena matches with Mindtrip and pretty much died instantly, leaving him to actually win the fight. It seems to be so different from anything I've experienced I don't know how to approach arena as a holy priest.

Seems to me like Discipline would be the ideal spec for arenas.

A couple of things go through my mind when I see holy priests in arena.

The prevailing thought is "awesome".

The exact opposite happens when I see disc. One is PVP, one is PVE, it's that simple.

AkimboLegs on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=KE1TGCw2k6g

Fury of the Sunwell trailer.

Probably won't see anything surprising if you've kept up on the PTR news.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    the arena is balls

alright let's get rid of objective based pvp in favour of mindless deathmatches

oh shit wait this game is almost entirely based on gear

might as well just give us a rock paper scissors interface and save us all some time

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    the arena is balls

might as well just give us a rock paper scissors interface and save us all some time

you had me at balls jim <3

Dhalphir on
  • DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    That's pretty much what I thought when I heard they were adding the Arena, the arena realm seems even more bizarre, but at least people will be on an equal footing.

It's also weird that any time I go looking for infomation about talent specs any spec labled PvP is pretty much completely designed around the arena. Do people even do BGs anymore?

While gear always makes a difference in PvP the effects of good gear always seemed smaller when you had a good team working together toward an objective.

Drool on
    edited March 2008
    I do plenty of BGs still

but you pretty much have to play with honour farming tards who refuse to engage in any actual pvp lest their honour train gets slowed down

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    We did like a semi Org pvp last night where it was just me and 4 other guys in a BG.

It's a lot more fun than doing a full Org. Cause in an org you just rush everything just to farm honor.

But this, it was winning and kicking ass at the same time.

Sure, we may not get the best honor/hour, but fuck we actually got to kill some mans.

<3 on
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    the arena is balls

No its more of a "lets get rid of distractions and focus on actual pvp"

If you think you're hot shit but your gear just doesn't back up your skill go play in the 3v3 tourney. It will have a level gear playing field.

Grath on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    I do plenty of BGs still

but you pretty much have to play with honour farming tards who refuse to engage in any actual pvp lest their honour train gets slowed down
    yes, this
    they make getting honor even more tedious by not even bothering to try and win

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    I dunno. A night or two ago I became embroiled in some wsg honor farming and had a bit of fun. I wouldn't want to make a career out of it, but it was a nice diversion

futility on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Grath wrote: »
    the arena is balls

If you think you're hot shit but your gear just doesn't back up your skill go play in the 3v3 tourney. It will have a level gear playing field.

Any system that lets the strategy of dance around the pillars = skill be the key to victory is borked. The arena is currently favoring HoT and DoT classes, or Spamstring warriors. Several classes are left out in the cold with the current system.

Now, if you made the arenas an open area with no geometry to exploit around and about 1/2 as large as it currently is, then you would see some great PvP.

Hunter on
  • DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    No not really, if they added player collision large group PvP would be interesting more, but I get the feeling arenas will always be kind lame.

Like a less interesting/balanced version of Guild Wars. I haven't tried it yet though so maybe it's super awesome, who knows.

Drool on
  • RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Where did you guys end up in Kara last night?

Also, how was curator without a mana battery?

Ranx on
    edited March 2008
    Ranx wrote: »
    Where did you guys end up in Kara last night?

Also, how was curator without a mana battery?

Harder but still pretty doable. The only key for me was to pop my two-minutes extra early and shadowfiend on the second evocate for a whole mana bar.

[edit] We did Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, and Aran then stopped

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    i'm like half a bub away from 69

someone motivate me to 70

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited March 2008
    At 70 you get to play with me, Lord Dave.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    edited March 2008
    Hunter wrote: »
    Grath wrote: »
    the arena is balls

Any system that lets the strategy of dance around the pillars = skill be the key to victory is borked. The arena is currently favoring HoT and DoT classes, or Spamstring warriors. Several classes are left out in the cold with the current system.

Now, if you made the arenas an open area with no geometry to exploit around and about 1/2 as large as it currently is, then you would see some great PvP.

oh cool 2 rogues, or maybe druids or OH SHIT STEALTHED NIGHT ELF'S AND CATS AND PETS AND TREES AND OMG WHY DOES IT HURT SO MUCH!

futility on
    edited March 2008
    fallout when you hit 70 you can focus on gearing up!!

ha ha shit

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    fandy died like a hundred times

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited March 2008
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    At 70 you get to play with me, Lord Dave.

Don't Forget... Lord Dave don't roll wit' da lowbies!

futility on
This discussion has been closed.