As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW [Chat]: What will Drysc do?

• SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    shadowane wrote: »
    I can understand not having them pre-BC. They were expensive and not really needed as much since by 60 you had flight points and didn't need to run anywhere. But there was so much travel in BC that it would have been awful.

Epic flying mounts are the same way. They are awesome but not entirely necessary. I happen to have one on both of my 70s and they are awesome, but they aren't necessary.

I would generally agree on the epic flyers, except, questing at 70 is awful without them. But why would you quest at 70? To get an epic flyer. D:

I need a smileyface orobouros.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Just like how I'm farming to get my epic flyer. Man, sure would be easier if I had an epic flyer.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I have a newfound obsession with leveling my lock since hearing that Destro fire may actually be OK... Spamming Shadowbolts? Not for me. But a path of fire.... Bring it on.

That and I want a 70 Prot Pally.

And I need a bunch of badges on my Priest for new lolsmite gear.

And I need a bunch of badges on my Druid for everything gear.

And I need to level my Shaman past 61.

And my Hunter still has a green chest of fail.

And my rogue.... Eh, I don't really play her.

Oh hey and we raid 4 days a week.

And I go out on Saturdays so I can lie to myself and my friends and pretend that WoW hasn't devoured my soul entirely.
    I need to quit my job and stop sleeping.

Edit: Forar, how the hell do you do it?

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    I have a newfound obsession with leveling my lock since hearing that Destro fire may actually be OK... Spamming Shadowbolts? Not for me. But a path of fire.... Bring it on.

Could you explain this? Two of my warlocks have been hit by this and I really don't understand it. They have thus far been totally disinterested in shadow destro, choosing to be affliction bitch and/or felguard for all of tier 6 content, because they claim shadow destro will put them to sleep. But now they won't shut the fuck up about going fire destro in 2.4.

Shadow destro: Curse, Shadowbolt
    Fire destro: Curse, Immolate, Incinerate

This is so much more engaging...??

riz on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    riz wrote: »

Could you explain this? Two of my warlocks have been hit by this and I really don't understand it. They have thus far been totally disinterested in shadow destro, choosing to be affliction bitch and/or felguard for all of tier 6 content, because they claim shadow destro will put them to sleep. But now they won't shut the fuck up about going fire destro in 2.4.

Shadow destro: Curse, Shadowbolt
    Fire destro: Curse, Immolate, Incinerate

This is so much more engaging...??

It's a path of fire! It's so pretty!

No really, that's it.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Haha. Well okay then.

Edit: The #1 advantage of fire over shadow is not having to spend so many shards for progression nights. Imp sacrifice > succubus!

riz on
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, there's really no gameplay difference, and shadowbolt is already the best looking nuke evar.

So anyways, lorelol etc: Why exactly does Kael need to use the Sunwell to summon Kil'Jaeden? Archimonde seemed to make it easily enough, and Kil'jaeden is no massively power Sargeras, so I don't understand the difficulty in him entering the world.

Edit: Nm, it did take some special finagling through Medivh's book to bring Archimonde over, didn't remember that.

Septus on
  • zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    There is the sidewinder-snake animation of Incinerate that beats Shadowbolt's animation.

zagi on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2008
    Wasn't Archimonde summoned through a huge spell that took a really long time to put together?

And I think Kil'Jaeden is much higher up on the food chain than Archimonde, being Sargeras' right hand man and all.

Unknown User on
    edited March 2008
    zagi wrote: »
    There is the sidewinder-snake animation of Incinerate that beats Shadowbolt's animation.

Oh I know about it, I think it's kind of meh.

Archimonde was Sargeras' left hand. He was the military leader, Kil'jaeden was the one who went about recruiting and corrupting demons. Kil'Jaeden may be more powerful, but they're still in the same league.

Septus on
    edited March 2008
    Ah, ok. My lore-fu is weak and I would never get accepted into that job they were hiring for.

I dono, maybe Kil'jaeden has grown stronger since he's the only one left. Also, if you haven't noticed, he's a huge fatty. Fatties need bigger portals.

Unknown User on
    edited March 2008
    Septus on
  • Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'd hit that

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
    edited March 2008
    What a porker. It must be that gruff smirk that he has in the loading screen. It's saying "I'm a badass but I still have a cute puppy that I take for walks in the park, and I love to cook and watch reality TV"

Unknown User on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    zagi wrote: »

Oh I know about it, I think it's kind of meh.

Archimonde was Sargeras' left hand. He was the military leader, Kil'jaeden was the one who went about recruiting and corrupting demons. Kil'Jaeden may be more powerful, but they're still in the same league.

Right, but keep in mind that Kael doesn't have access to the Book of Medivh and the magics within it. It wasn't exactly a trivial task for Kel'Thuzad. And while Kael is at least his equal as a caster, the Book of Medivh is an extremely powerful tool.

Thomamelas on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

Two things: been playing on the same server since release. Having over 2 years to get 8 classes to 60 wasn't that big a deal, due to #2:

Rested bonus abuse. Try not to level a character unless they have rested. Oh sure, if you're 2 bars from a level, feel free to knock that off before you park them, but try to avoid doing half a level or more without rested. Between good questing exp and the changed levelling curve, 1.5 levels (10 days worth, the max you can store) of rested exp will see you at least 2 levels, and sometimes 3, but that's usually pushing it.

So knock off 2 levels (pretty much wiping your rested), park 'em in a city, go level another alt.

It helps to have complimentary professions on some characters at least. Between my small army, I have one of each profession, and the rest are gatherers, so I usually have (or can make) most things needed for quests, and a little gear now and then to help alts level, along with some stingy AH surfing.

That said, even just doing 60-70 eight times was no easy feet, but again, doing it once with a "main" gives you an idea what quests are easy to pile up, which to avoid, and what instances to grind hard. Doing little things like grinding to honoured by running Blood Furnace and Ramparts a couple of times is way more efficient than questing as well as instancing, and then you've got a healthy jump towards revered. Of course, this only matters if you want honoured/revered rewards from said factions.

As always, I fall back on the slightly defensive statement that yeah, it takes a fair chunk of time, but not nearly as much as you'd expect.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Forar wrote: »

Two things: been playing on the same server since release. Having over 2 years to get 8 classes to 60 wasn't that big a deal, due to #2:

Rested bonus abuse. Try not to level a character unless they have rested. Oh sure, if you're 2 bars from a level, feel free to knock that off before you park them, but try to avoid doing half a level or more without rested. Between good questing exp and the changed levelling curve, 1.5 levels (10 days worth, the max you can store) of rested exp will see you at least 2 levels, and sometimes 3, but that's usually pushing it.

So knock off 2 levels (pretty much wiping your rested), park 'em in a city, go level another alt.

It helps to have complimentary professions on some characters at least. Between my small army, I have one of each profession, and the rest are gatherers, so I usually have (or can make) most things needed for quests, and a little gear now and then to help alts level, along with some stingy AH surfing.

That said, even just doing 60-70 eight times was no easy feet, but again, doing it once with a "main" gives you an idea what quests are easy to pile up, which to avoid, and what instances to grind hard. Doing little things like grinding to honoured by running Blood Furnace and Ramparts a couple of times is way more efficient than questing as well as instancing, and then you've got a healthy jump towards revered. Of course, this only matters if you want honoured/revered rewards from said factions.

As always, I fall back on the slightly defensive statement that yeah, it takes a fair chunk of time, but not nearly as much as you'd expect.

You forgot the masochism. I would image it would be at the "Christ, my ex hit me harder with a bullwhip then you can" level.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2008
    I think the extreme part is that not only do you have 9 70s, you have one of them in BT and raiding.

What's your collective playtime? (I promise to hold you if you want to cry)

Soviet Waffle on
    edited March 2008
    You also told me to save myself and not do it.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »

Oh yeah, this too.

But if you're already sitting on like 6 or more 70's, clearly you've got a grip on what you're getting into.

Forar on
  • formatformat Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I have a hard time leveling a second 70 on the same server around my raiding schedule, and thats only 3 days.

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
    edited March 2008

Oh yeah, this too.

But if you're already sitting on like 6 or more 70's, clearly you've got a grip on what you're getting into.

Well, you'd be the best person to ask.

What's the best class ever (No takebacks)?

Edit: Also no easy "Judging best class in different ways." I demand a gut reaction.

Soviet Waffle on
  • <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I can never level an alt pass 20.

<3 on
    edited March 2008
    For me, mid-30's and mid-50's are the worst.

Also,
    :rotate::rotate::rotate:

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2008
    :rotate::rotate::rotate:
    Oh god I'm bored

Soviet Waffle on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm scared of Silverpine and I'm bored of the Barrens, there are no trainers for my class in the Ghostlands.

If I was alliance I'd have Westfall, Redridge, Darkshore, Azuremyst, and Loch Modan to level in. :(

815165 on
    edited March 2008
    Scared of Silverpine?

All you ever do is fight Dalaran mages.

Soviet Waffle on
  • zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    For me, mid-30's and mid-50's are the worst.

I'm not looking forward to that chunk again. For alt... um, uh...4. Crap, wait... I'll get back to you on that.
    I think I'm going to need more coffee. O_o

zagi on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I hate all undead zones, they creep me out.

I haven't even zoned into WPL or EPL that I can remember.

edit: why cant there be a class trainer for every class in every city? :(

815165 on
    edited March 2008
    I can never level an alt pass 20.

I have a hunter at 40 that was started in 05. I just can't do alts. I've become so spoiled by being very hard to kill that being in anyway squishy frustrates me to no end.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2008
    I think that was worth the effort Thom, I can keep coming back everytime I'm bored if you want :rotate::rotate::rotate:

Soviet Waffle on
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    THEY STILL SPINNIN'

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
    edited March 2008
    I think that was worth the effort Thom, I can keep coming back everytime I'm bored if you want :rotate::rotate::rotate:

Feel free on one condition....my name is to never come up.
    The silly git asked to app to my guild....and I pointed him toward another guild...
    http://www.annuitcoeptisguild.com/viewthread.php?threadid=569

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, I was about to post that you sent me, but I decided that probably wasn't the best idea. Especially since Get Along Gang was spelled wrong.

Soviet Waffle on
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, I was about to post that you sent me, but I decided that probably wasn't the best idea. Especially since Get Along Gang was spelled wrong.

It's cool. We generally go by GaG anyway. :winky:

Thomamelas on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    My highest alt is 41. She was like, the 10th Dren on the server. I also have at least 4 alts between 23-25 who I just can't play because horde leveling around those levels sucks balls.

Tav on
    edited March 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »

The silly git asked to app to my guild....and I pointed him toward another guild...

There's no way that that's not a joke. :|

Tav on
    edited March 2008

Oh yeah, this too.

Well, you'd be the best person to ask.

What's the best class ever (No takebacks)?

Edit: Also no easy "Judging best class in different ways." I demand a gut reaction.

All of the... shit.

Okay, gut reaction? Druids. DPS (for solo'ing purposes at least) is acceptable, heavling is excellent AND I enjoy their healing style (as opposed to Paladins which are powerful healers but make me want to kill myself), they can stealth (terribly useful for farming/questing), have great pvp utility, and can tank with the best of them, with very few encounters being out of their reach, and most if not all of them found in the high endgame of 25 mans.

Also, flight form is fun.

Forar on
    edited March 2008
    oh god trying to name a new character is hard D:

Tav on
    edited March 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

There's no way that that's not a joke. :|

Oh I know it's a joke. But the guild in question is the "Scummy" raiding guild of the server and they tend to bitch about having a hurt peepee a lot.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.