As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW [Chat]: What will Drysc do?

• Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Gotta love the Scummy guilds. It's really funny watching the views go up and up.

Also, interesting read Forar. (Come to think of it, I don't think I've run into a druid that's really disappointed with his class, minus Feral in arenas.)

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    I hate all undead zones, they creep me out.

I haven't even zoned into WPL or EPL that I can remember.

edit: why cant there be a class trainer for every class in every city? :(

Yea it's a pain with that, I'm guessing your a shammy (If you're a warrior you can just use the teleport to UC for training won't take that much longer) the only thing that really helps is getting a portal to shattrah and setting your hearth there. Just makes everything easier on your alts, even just getting around

Although be warned even with hearthstone cooldown abuse call of water is still a massive pain in the ass (I just done it for second time and seriously how long did that use to take before shattrah hearths?)

Hitsuraptor on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Also, interesting read Forar. (Come to think of it, I don't think I've run into a druid that's really disappointed with his class, minus Feral in arenas.)

I enjoy being feral in battlegrounds, but know that it's not much of an arena spec. That said, I'm perfectly comfortable with the game design choice to not have every spec for every class viable in every game situation, so the whiney bitches can shut the fuck up over that issue, imo. I really enjoy being resto, but tanking is where it's at these days, and they're a fun tank style to play along with rez, heals in a pinch and dps available at the push of an (itemrack) button. Hell, you can even put on a full healing set and become a reasonably useful healer as long as the other healers are up to the challenge and just need a little insurance.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Before TBC I was in a guild with a Feral Druid who loved stealthing around AV hitting Rogues with faerie fire and then running away from them.

Seg on
  • pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Drysc wrote:
    There will be no changes to gear availability/rating requirement until Season 4 starts, which will not begin when patch 2.4 goes live.

When Season 4 starts here's what will happen:

* Season 1 removed
    * Season 2 moved to honor
    * Season 3 rating requirements and prices lowered

Shoulders : 1950 rating
    Weapons : 1800 rating

* Season 4 gear added

Season 4 isn't expected to begin any time soon, but as always we plan to give at least a two week notice before it does. Stay tuned to these forums or any of your fine local fansites as I'm sure the information will spread fairly rapidly once we do announce a Season 4 start date.

Season 3 prices and Season 4 rating requirements are not yet announced. All information contained herein is of course, as always, subject to change.

So in season 4, the season 3 gear rating requirement is lowered by only 50 points each, now why would someone waste the points to buy s3 gear when just for 50 more points they can get s4.

also the way its worded is that they haven't set in stone the point cost for it either.

polloface on
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm getting back into WoW, starting fresh as a new level 1, and I wanted to know if I should get Burning Crusade right off or if I won't be missing anything until later levels.

I used to be really big into the game and had a couple raiding level 60s, but obviously that was before the expansion.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    polloface wrote: »
    Drysc wrote:
    There will be no changes to gear availability/rating requirement until Season 4 starts, which will not begin when patch 2.4 goes live.

When Season 4 starts here's what will happen:

* Season 1 removed
    * Season 2 moved to honor
    * Season 3 rating requirements and prices lowered

Shoulders : 1950 rating
    Weapons : 1800 rating

* Season 4 gear added

Season 4 isn't expected to begin any time soon, but as always we plan to give at least a two week notice before it does. Stay tuned to these forums or any of your fine local fansites as I'm sure the information will spread fairly rapidly once we do announce a Season 4 start date.

Season 3 prices and Season 4 rating requirements are not yet announced. All information contained herein is of course, as always, subject to change.

So in season 4, the season 3 gear rating requirement is lowered by only 50 points each, now why would someone waste the points to buy s3 gear when just for 50 more points they can get s4.

also the way its worded is that they haven't set in stone the point cost for it either.

I'm guessing if the s3 rating requirements are going to stay almost the same, the s4 rating requirements are gonna be crazy, like 2000 for weapons and 2200 for shoulders.

DiscoZombie on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    yeah there's no word on whether the s4 stuff is going to have the same requirements as s3 does now

personally i'd like to see it higher

Dhalphir on
    edited March 2008
    I dont understand the reason the shoulders are so high, from what Ive seen they are not the most amazing blowjob giving item, I know its just high cause they want people to look like scrubs, but honestly, its a season behind so theres no reason to keep the shoulders THAT high anymore

weapons though, prolly a good reason for rating on those

polloface on
    edited March 2008
    The shoulders are so high because blizzard's art direction crew makes a big deal out of them, making them a piece visable at a distance and often with a neat visual effect.

Basically you're paying extra for "rp gear".

Forar on
  • Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    OremLK wrote: »
    I'm getting back into WoW, starting fresh as a new level 1, and I wanted to know if I should get Burning Crusade right off or if I won't be missing anything until later levels.

I used to be really big into the game and had a couple raiding level 60s, but obviously that was before the expansion.

Mmm, it'll give you some new levelling areas, so I'd say do it, since they haven't changed the first 20 levels

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Well, I normally recommend to people that they wait on the expansion to see if they like the game. However you apparently already know you do, so I have to say yes.

Horde? The BElf newbie zone is the best in my opinion; I've leveled 5 alts through it with amazing speed. Alliance? The Draenie newbie zone is pretty good and has a more coherent story than any of the other newbie zones (you feel like you're playing out your character's origin story). Both are better than any of the pre-TBC newbie areas.

Also, the new tradeskill in TBC is pretty good, benefits most classes, and is pretty reasonable to level up into the 200's (where mine is, I can't comment beyond that). You will need the expansion to start it.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I prepared for JC'ing pre-TBC, and because of that i can pretty much get to level 300 within about half an hour (factoring in the crafting times, recipe learning and any AH'ing needed). And since leveling 2 characters to 70, i have 20 of each uncommon gem and about 3-4 of each rare gem. Of course the problem is i'm incredibly anal about leveling a profession beyond it's character. My character?

Ret paladin O_o

:|

:(

:cry:

Euphoriac on
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thanks guys. I just saw there's a 10-day trial on Burning Crusade so I'm going to do that and then upgrade to the full expansion if I like my Draenei.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    I prepared for JC'ing pre-TBC, and because of that i can pretty much get to level 300 within about half an hour (factoring in the crafting times, recipe learning and any AH'ing needed). And since leveling 2 characters to 70, i have 20 of each uncommon gem and about 3-4 of each rare gem. Of course the problem is i'm incredibly anal about leveling a profession beyond it's character. My character?

Ret paladin O_o

:|

:(

:cry:
    A jewelcrafting Ret paladin could make use of one of these or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=35694 next patch, though.

SabreMau on
  • lifeincognitolifeincognito Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    WTB: Pictures of this Khorium Boar that fights for you.

lifeincognito on
    losers weepers. jawas keepers.
    edited March 2008
    on the subject of pet type things, I wish my hunter was one of the lucky ones who managed to tame one of these:
    wolf_ghost.jpg

that shit is so cool I would have made my hunter my main.

DiscoZombie on
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    A jewelcrafting Ret paladin could make use of one of these or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=35694 next patch, though.

Hurhk, i'll have to get my 48 pala up to 70 then, that truly does seem really good. Cheers for the incentive Sabre :^:

Euphoriac on
  • MephistophelesMephistopheles Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

I recently went through the same thing. I quit wow a year before the expansion came out, and just resubbed in January. I would highly recommend getting the expansion as well, as that will allow you to play the new races, and the new starting zones, which are incredibly awesome. Plus, you level hella fast there. I have a 20 Draenei shaman with like 10 hours /played.

I missed the LBRS discussion, but I'd just like to say that place was awesome. I had tons of fun 5-manning it on my rogue and druid. Way back when it was popular for druids to solo Smolderweb for some Wildheart.

And yes, you could 40 man alot of the old world instances, even in live WoW. I forget when they changed it (1.3?) but you couldn't do quests while in the raid. I never did it, but it was pretty popular for guilds to just steamroll some of them to blow off steam.

I think it is now possible for a few classes to solo Azuregos, although it is ridiculously slow (like 2 hours). I'm thinking SL locks were the one I heard of, not sure though.

Mephistopheles on
    "Friends are just enemies in reverse."
    - Gary Busey
    A Glass, Darkly
    edited March 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    The shoulders are so high because blizzard's art direction crew makes a big deal out of them, making them a piece visable at a distance and often with a neat visual effect.

but thats my point, when its a season below isn't it a little "outdated" for such a high rating?

polloface on
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    on the subject of pet type things, I wish my hunter was one of the lucky ones who managed to tame one of these:
    wolf_ghost.jpg

that shit is so cool I would have made my hunter my main.

Shit! You can't tame them anymore?! Ah well, not like I had the chance. And even if I did, too much hassle.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2008
    What about
    california-county-map.gif

My eyes were instantly drawn to "Butte".

Yes, I'm catching up on your damn chat thread.

Echo on
    edited March 2008
    polloface wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »

but thats my point, when its a season below isn't it a little "outdated" for such a high rating?

Hell, I think the weapons and shoulders from a season ago should require a 1600-1700 rating. A token amount of effort, but they're an entire season behind! The new stuff'll probably be, what, ilevel 151 or higher? 156? 106+ dps one handers? How the hell is it balanced to have people using weapons and an armour slot 2 seasons behind? The "2k+ teams" are just gonna burn up to that range again, upgrade their gear over a couple of weeks (because they're already making a killing in points for those ratings) and continue to maintain or even increase the edge they have over people who pvp but can't break the 1800 barrier?

Also: "in before 1800 is easy", WoW-General style.

Forar on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    1800 is... oh, damnit.

reVerse on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    reVerse wrote: »
    1800 is fucking laughable.
    Hahaha, way to force people to stop queuing up in the Arena, Blizzard. I guess those "best of the best" players will have fun fighting each other for 2k+ rated gear.

But hey, look at it this way: at least the queue times will be shorter for all brackets when there's only 10% of the current players queuing up.

Halfmex on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Meh. We did fail 5s last night, won a few against this one horrible team who was in similar gear as us and deserved to be in the 1500 bracket with us. But then of course we get the team of four people in full s3 and one scrub who is either gearing up a new character or paying them for rating/points, and we get rolled and lose a ton of points. That is so fucking frustrating yet I don't think they're ever going to fix it. Maybe if they could match teams based on the highest EVER personal rating of that character, for any team size. There has to be some way of keeping 2000+ players from ruining the 1500s.

riz on
    edited March 2008
    I have a love/hate relationship with the shartuul's teleporter event in blade's edge.

First 2 times, I failed legitimately. It was a learning experience.

Third time it bugged out and the Eye of Shartuul never spawned. I opened a ticket but didn't feel like waiting there for a GM for a couple hours so I just sucked it up and ate the wasted darkrune.

Fourth and fifth times, I beat the event with increasing efficiency.

Sixth time, it bugged out again and wasted my darkrune again. Me and some other guy apparently started the event at the same time. It gave control of the demon to the other guy but it forced me to watch from the demon's perspective. It reminded me of the end of Being John Malkovich, where he was inside the little girl's head but couldn't control her... anyway, the other guy was a total noob and wiped almost immediately... my darkrune is gone. opened another ticket, Im sure they won't reimburse me though. the worst part is, I'm pretty sure I can do it without even using any charged crystal foci at this point but I keep getting gypped out of my attempts.

DiscoZombie on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've still not bothered to do that event once, so bored of Ogri'la.

Still, 750 gold to go till epic flying!

815165 on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    There is: it's called removing the ratings requirement.

Think about it: how often did you encounter 2k teams in Season 1? Season 2? It never happened because the 2k teamers had no reason to do what they do today. They sold slots on their teams, sure, but it was so much less frequent than it is today because all it got you was more points per week, and that's it. The top tier teams didn't go trolling the lower brackets.

Anyone else remember what the reward for the top tier teams used to be? Oh that's right, a fucking 310% speed Armored Netherdrake. That's not enough of an incentive, I guess. Now they need to have access to all of the arena gear to boot.

Halfmex on
    edited March 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    I've still not bothered to do that event once, so bored of Ogri'la.

Still, 750 gold to go till epic flying!

it's really neat if you've never done it (and it doesn't bug out). you can get rewards that're worth 1.5k on the AH, so it's really worth giving it a quick try =p

DiscoZombie on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oh cool beans, I have the stuff for 3 attempts in the bank.

815165 on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    WTB: Pictures of this Khorium Boar that fights for you.

I fought one in the Arena. It died after one WW on the guy who summoned it.

Tav on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oh man, how did I ever miss the moonkin from the blizzcon cosplay photos?

http://www.blizzard.com/us/blizzcon07/gallery.html

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited March 2008
    I really wish they'd remove "/played". Mines making me depressed.

Tav on
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    On the discussion of Arena problems, I propose this in conjunction with the 2.4 change (at least, I think it's still in, if it's not they need to put it back in), of matching via the person with the highest personal rating on a team. If you get the S3 weapon(s), your Personal Rating is locked at 1850 minimum and can never go lower, if you have the shoulders, your Personal Rating is locked at 2k minimum.

That would completely eliminate this stupid drop team bullshit that I and most run into on a weekly basis. There are probably some problems with the idea, but eh, that's what the discussion is for.

Any thoughts?

Dranyth on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It would have to be across all brackets though, cos people could just get 2000+ on their 2s or 3s and then go rape unfortunate 5s teams.

riz on
    edited March 2008
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=15367

how come I never noticed this shield before, I'm in love!

polloface on
    edited March 2008
    Having it apply across all groups works for me.

Means the people with S3 weapons are now stuck with each other, and shoulders likewise.

Forar on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    I really wish they'd remove "/played". Mines making me depressed.

I have a fairly high /played number on my main (200+) but I manage to find people with more on a regular basis. It always makes me feel better about myself.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2008
    Tav on
This discussion has been closed.