As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Happy, Hoping, Hating, Bitching: Get off my lawn!

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm not quite sure: My mage is about to hit 45, but I'm after running out of rested xp. I'm loving playing an alt, but the idea of leveling without rested scares me. How quickly would it take to get my rested up to the point where I would have a full level of rested? *Looks at Forar*

Tav on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2008
    deowolf wrote: »
    meh: Having just dinged 28 myself, screw you guys for picking on Echo.

Old people unite!
    In the retirement home!

Echo on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Also, you could do what I did and roll an alt. If your answer was Prot spec warrior, roll a paladin because seriously who tanks with warriors these days.
    I play both but the only one I've taken to 70 is the Warrior, going to start my ele Shaman tomorow complete with whatever the fuck he wants off the AH.

I think Warrior tanking is more fun, if more tiresome too.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure: My mage is about to hit 45, but I'm after running out of rested xp. I'm loving playing an alt, but the idea of leveling without rested scares me. How quickly would it take to get my rested up to the point where I would have a full level of rested? *Looks at Forar*
    8 hours = 5% of a level rested, upto a maximum of 150% after 10 days.

815165 on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Happy: I log on my mage and am immediately invited into a Heroic Shattered Halls run.

Hate: The Savagery formula dropped and the person that got it only had his enchanting at about 100.

Hate more: My mage isnt my enchanter, my paladin is, and I specifically asked if I can bring her on that run because I have some quests to do there.

Massive >_< all day.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    riz wrote: »
    It's actually nice to know so many of us "old" folks are here. :rotate:

There are a few of us.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    poisnedcokepoisnedcoke Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's funny how old you have to be to be "Old" in this game. My new guild (Or rather my current guild), end game, we call a guy a dinosaur and joke about how ancient he is. Turns out he's only 33. In my old, casual fuck around and try to raid, guild we had an actual senior citizen (Well depending on how you count it) and a few people older than the oldest guy in this "omg super raid time" guild.

poisnedcoke on
    I'm trilltastic, trilldacious even!
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'll be 31 on sunday.

Goddamn twenty-somethings.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'll be 31 on sunday.

My entire life I grew up being the oldest person. I was the only sophomore in my class that had a car when the school year started. Everyone wanted a ride. It was cool.

However, the game makes me feel young because I know there are WAY more people who are older.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'll be 31 on sunday.

I'm 18 :rotate:

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Tav wrote: »

6-7 days for 1 level. Full rested takes 10 days.

Super Hate: An old enemy of my guild managed to weasle his way in and temporarily get GM by helping the real GM work on a project (long story). Needless to say, his disbanded the guild and destroyed our pretty hefty guild bank. The realm forums are a train wreck because of this, but I guess it's hard to tell the difference. I'd leave and try to find a guild that doesn't have to take this BS, but any other more progressed guild has mandatory raiding at times that don't work for me (I'm a college student, so my effective schedual changes weekly). I'd transfer off this hell-hole of a server, but I don't want to pay $75+ to transfer 3 characters.

TL:DR - The usual shenannagens*.

*Did I spell that right?

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'll be 31 on sunday.

I will be 32 on Saturday and I have to go to work :(

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I'll be 31 on sunday.

I will be 32 on Saturday and I have to go to work :(

:cry:

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's funny how old you have to be to be "Old" in this game. My new guild (Or rather my current guild), end game, we call a guy a dinosaur and joke about how ancient he is. Turns out he's only 33. In my old, casual fuck around and try to raid, guild we had an actual senior citizen (Well depending on how you count it) and a few people older than the oldest guy in this "omg super raid time" guild.

We had a grandmother in her 60's. The age spread can be fairly high.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'll be 31 on sunday.

:rotate:

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Raiding badly.

Seriously, there really isn't any other money sinks unless you try to get every rep to Exalted by buying your way there.

Raiding makes a good cash sink but if you're not doing that your money is going to pile up.

Fixed. I generally make money raiding, heh.

Happy: Finally got a group and tanked BRD. We did about half of it, only one dumb wipe with a patrol and another big group. I did not fuck up! And got a new tanking weapon. Good times.

Also: Damn kids.

riz on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Raiding badly.

Seriously, there really isn't any other money sinks unless you try to get every rep to Exalted by buying your way there.

Raiding makes a good cash sink but if you're not doing that your money is going to pile up.

Happy: Finally got a group and tanked BRD. We did about half of it, only one dumb wipe with a patrol and another big group. I did not fuck up! And got a new tanking weapon. Good times.

TIME TO PLAY HACKEY SACK ON YOUR LAWN, YOU'LL NEVER BRING US DOWN AND WE'LL NEVER GET OLD

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Happy: Nearly exalted with every reasonably farmable rep.

Hope: That I'll get my alt resto up to 70 soonish so we can start farming MC with me tanking and healing >.>

More hope: That I can convince some people to come join me in BWL so I can get the head from broodlord and start on Norzdormu >.>

Hate: Someone who uses my account to farm destroyed 250 Deadwood Headdress Feathers because he thought they were junk :'(

Junpei on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hate: Did a PuG Gruul's friday night, the first pull, felhounds weren't sent to Olm, and the Mage tank died.
    Second pull, Mage tank died, but felhounds were sent to Olm.

Happy: I chewed out the shitty Mage tank that wasn't using spell steal enough that he quit the raid!

Happy: We brought in a new Mage, and after one failed pull, downed Maulgar.

Awesome: Stupid rogue started Gruul when we weren't ready. With 1 person dead, and 3 people locked out, we got Gruul down to 3%. If I'd left my prot gear, the OT might've made it long enough for the rogues to get that 3% off.
    We killed him next pull.

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hate: Very mediocre Hyjal/BT raid today that started over an hour late and had an unnecessary wipe on Anatheron. Supremus has yet to show us any loot besides Legionkiller for th 4th week in a row and some other epic that got sharded.

Also Hate: Still haven't been able to find a gemcutter with +10 hit. I know who one is but he hasn't been online whenever I'm online.

Hope: Guild bought a 3/4 TK instance to attune a few new recruits which I hope goes well, and that we dont spend hour wiping after not having done the fight for a good 6 weeks.

Happy: While farming mats for my alt's Frozen Shadoweave and Spellstrike sets I had the pattern for Potent Noble Topaz drop. Why hello 400g and another 10 pieces of Spellcloth.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hate: Other Horde players while I'm levelling as my Prot Pally. Look, I realize that the entire horde population on Ravenholdt (except those in Beasts) fucking suck. But that doesn't mean that you have to insist, to the point of being offended when I tell you I really don't need the help, upon killing my mobs the instant you see me. I'm a prot pally. I grind by fighting 4+ mobs at once. This does not mean I'm in trouble and need to be 'saved' as if I'm some invalid just because you happen to be a twink/level 70 dipshit/etc. I get it, you're l33t: please do me a favour and fuck off so I can level in peace.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I find it so annoying how crappy world pvp is. I would love it if you had the odd battle with a close to evenly matched player, someone at least around the same level. That would be awesome.

But it never happens. Ever. World pvp is completely limited to you getting killed by people with either a massive level advantage or a group of people killing you. Fair fights are completely nonexistent. And it's a little sad, because real competition out in the world would be so much fun. Instead I only ever get fights that inspire apathy.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    What crafting proffession is very worthwhile for a tank (bearing in mind I won't be killing shit for mats prolly)? That's a good money sink!

815165 on
  • Options
    poisnedcokepoisnedcoke Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    What crafting proffession is very worthwhile for a tank (bearing in mind I won't be killing shit for mats prolly)? That's a good money sink!

Engineering goggles are pretty bad ass, the weapons from blacksmithing aren't bad tanking weapons (The sword especially is nice), The new alchemists stones coming in 2.4 will be decent for a tank (55 defense rating and the health pot bonus), and jewelcrafting has some decent trinkets.

It really all comes down to what you need in certain slots, but I'd defintely pick up the engineering goggles.

poisnedcoke on
    I'm trilltastic, trilldacious even!
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Raiding badly.

Rubidium Hammer?

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hate: Netherwing Ledge, it's my first day there and I'm already bored of it.

Go kill loads of lvl 67 mobs in SMV for 12 30% drops. Go plant them. Go mine 40 ore. Go kill more fucking mobs only actually on the ledge now so that you can't share it with the earlier grind to get 40 drops. Go kill a shitload of rare-ish flying mobs for 10 drops at 40%. Go do all this killing as prot and try to not want to kill yourself. Go fuck yourself, Netherwing.

Keep your fucking dragon, I don't want it anymore.

Does the ore at least mean I could mine 80 on one day and have 2 day's worth of quests complete? I'll prolly do the daily egg and mining but fuck killing all those mobs for random drops.

Does it get interesting?

815165 on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Hate: Netherwing Ledge, it's my first day there and I'm already bored of it.

Go kill loads of lvl 67 mobs in SMV for 12 30% drops. Go plant them. Go mine 40 ore. Go kill more fucking mobs only actually on the ledge now so that you can't share it with the earlier grind to get 40 drops. Go kill a shitload of rare-ish flying mobs for 10 drops at 40%. Go do all this killing as prot and try to not want to kill yourself. Go fuck yourself, Netherwing.

Keep your fucking dragon, I don't want it anymore.

Does the ore at least mean I could mine 80 on one day and have 2 day's worth of quests complete? I'll prolly do the daily egg and mining but fuck killing all those mobs for random drops.

Does it get interesting?

the booterang is nice

yes, you can do the mining whenever you like, you can stockpile it

the netherwing mines are an interest thing

to be honest i never did the poison quests

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The mine is huge, kind of annoying having to run around it.

815165 on
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    hate: I'm a Tree of Life and alot of badge gear doesn't have 'spirit' :S

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    happy: heroic BF (daily), heroic Bot, heroic SP cleared. started drinking halfway through Bot

hate: forgot how to tank halfway through the Heroic SV we started

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Aegis wrote: »
    Hate: Other Horde players while I'm levelling as my Prot Pally. Look, I realize that the entire horde population on Ravenholdt (except those in Beasts) fucking suck. But that doesn't mean that you have to insist, to the point of being offended when I tell you I really don't need the help, upon killing my mobs the instant you see me. I'm a prot pally. I grind by fighting 4+ mobs at once. This does not mean I'm in trouble and need to be 'saved' as if I'm some invalid just because you happen to be a twink/level 70 dipshit/etc. I get it, you're l33t: please do me a favour and fuck off so I can level in peace.

Hahaha yes. Do they not realize how hard it is to round all that stuff up sometimes? And then they steal some!

riz on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Hahaha yes. Do they not realize how hard it is to round all that stuff up sometimes? And then they steal some!

yes totally

i dont mind if they help after i drop the first consecrate

btu before that

raargh

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Normally I'm not so phased by them, but the last few days have been inundated with people trying to help me to the point it's absurd. I've even had a warrior that was 1 level higher than me whisper to me that I could have the opportunity of 'tagging' the level 40-41 raptors (I was 39) while he went ahead and killed them for me so I could have the XP. O_o

At the very least, as a paladin, when they do not take no for an answer, and still wail on my mobs I have the option (which I did apply to said warrior) of running around the area a bit, picking up 5 more mobs/raptors and bubbling.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

yes totally

i dont mind if they help after i drop the first consecrate

btu before that

raargh

That is why you use consecrate as you gather them, it keeps them coming while you move further away from their spawn.

Seg on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Happy: 8th Primal Nether collected, Lionheart Blade upgraded to Lionheart Champion and reenchanted with Savagery.

Hope: That, because I've spent money on this upgrade, the patch will arrive this Tuesday, thus invalidating my investment once the vendor that sells the 134 DPS axe is unlocked.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Confused: Ran a Karazhan where there were some mess-ups, but almost all clean, all bosses one-shotted in 2.5 hours.

After the raid the leader, a friend of mine who I respect but comes off as a hard-ass sometimes. I ask him jokingly if 2.5 hours to clear Kara was too slow for him.

Totally serious, he responds, "We should have been done in 90 minutes man."

O_o

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Dkarrde wrote: »
    Confused: Ran a Karazhan where there were some mess-ups, but almost all clean, all bosses one-shotted in 2.5 hours.

After the raid the leader, a friend of mine who I respect but comes off as a hard-ass sometimes. I ask him jokingly if 2.5 hours to clear Kara was too slow for him.

Totally serious, he responds, "We should have been done in 90 minutes man."

O_o

Sounds like me : b

We can clear up to Teron and kill him in just under an hour these days and I still like to see if we can trim time off >.>

Junpei on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hate: I just spent 2 hours fishing to get 75 points or so. I fished out over 350 fish...

shadowane on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    How do you pronounce your name?

Soviet Waffle on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Me? Uh, Shadow followed by wane. Shadowane. Basically shadowbane without the b.

shadowane on
This discussion has been closed.