As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] PhallisionK - Game Over! - There is only one true God-Emperor..

• SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    What were the powers and so forth?

Savant on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    precisionk wrote: »

Game over! God-Emperor Precisionk wins! Due to the 10 day time constraint, you all have failed and forever will be labeled as failures in my book.

That was my plan all along. ;-)

B:L wrote: »
    My goal is to ressurect the God-Emperor.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    emperors hand had from the start atleast 1 kill, and 2 kills every 3 days

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • CoreGoonCoreGoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I have to say I STRONGLY disliked the Anarch conversion power but part of the reason was because they converted Buzz. That was the nail in the coffing for the Traitor Federation. :P

Also I don't acctually know what the liar power was...

CoreGoon on
    edited March 2008
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Gee, B:L was evil? If only someone would have told everyone on Day 1!

Hahah, oh Jdark, why must you be so suspicious?

http://anarchbarrens.proboards88.com/index.c.cgi

• VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Us Liars had one kill.

Or we could give up that kill and force someone to change their Yay / Nay vote to whatever we wanted on the issue.

Varcayn on
    edited March 2008
    Varcayn wrote: »
    Whichever RNG you used through the course of this phalla should be nuked from orbit.

That too.

CoreGoon on
    edited March 2008
    CoreGoon on
    edited March 2008
    CoreGoon wrote: »

strange that since the traitors shared loggin names and passwords!

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yay, everyone loses! :)

So, why did I defect? Well, when I chose to ask Egos to convert me, I figured the traitors didn't have a chance in hell of winning. We'd lost team members during each of the first two days with deaths. After finding the heir, we had to gain majority control of the senate and sit on the throne. We had three members left, and I didn't expect to find the heir before another one of us died. So I defected. Sorry traitor buddies. Buzz Buzz is sneaky. Plut and Hakkekage know this well from Salem Witch Phalla, and had they been alive, I probably wouldn't have defected, since they would have crushed me in an instant after the bull I pulled over there.

Things didn't go completely as I planned though. I had set things up somewhat so I'd be in the position of power in the Traitor house. zanmatto was mostly inactive at that point, so I figured I could influence his kill. CoreGoon, however, was more active and thus more difficult to influence, so he had to get offed.

If Crono hadn't set off his bomb on the day I died, things would have gone down quite differently.

Oatway, I believe, had a kill sent in for CoreGoon. Egos had been teasing him with the information about his team's traitor all day, and finally gave it to him later in the day. So CoreGoon would have eaten it.

However, in traitorland, trouble was a-brewin'. CoreGoon was told by pk that one of the traitors was no longer loyal. Thus began an argument between me and zanmatto about which of us had betrayed the traitors. I utilized my snake oil skills again. It was a lot of fun. In the end, CoreGoon sent in a kill for zanmatto.

I don't know how the Senate voted on that day, but if the bomb hadn't gone off, the motion may have been defeated and I might have lived. Then I would have been the Great Betrayer all by myself and could have given the Anarchs an additional kill each day.

Ah well. The best laid plans of bees and men, you know. What's even more humorous is that after I was converted, I was essentially a lone wolf. I had to die for the teams who had to kill traitors to win, and I could no longer win with the traitors. So the only way I could have won in the end was to kill everyone. That would have been some endgame...I would have had to sell so much snake oil. Probably best that it didn't happen, as I do have a life that needs attending to on occasion. :P

Good game everyone.

Buzz Buzz on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Game over! God-Emperor Precisionk wins! Due to the 10 day time constraint, you all have failed and forever will be labeled as failures in my book.

That was my plan all along. ;-)

My goal is to ressurect the God-Emperor.

You will always be the #1 failure in my heart.

BL.jpg

Frosteey on
    edited March 2008
    Also, for those interested...

http://timeforafight.proboards89.com/

Traitor boards. Should be unlocked, let me know if they're not.

Buzz Buzz on
    edited March 2008
    Frosteey wrote: »
    You will always be the #1 failure in my heart.

BL.jpg

I sold more to you than I expected to.

:winky:

• precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Direct PM's sent to house leaders:

Congratulation on your victory, Grand Admiral! You are now the leader of The Emperor’s Hand! You are now immune from all death abilities; however, you are not immune from items. You are to vote Yay or Nay on the issue the God-Emperor brings forth. Please PM me your response to the issue along with if you choose to use your powers bestowed upon you due to being House Leader and who you wish to target.

House Powers:

Soldier Attack: You may use this power every day and be allowed to select any member of any house (including your own) to kill.

Special Power:

Send in the Legion: You may dispatch a legion to take away and eliminate two people every 3 days starting with day 1. You cannot use Soldier attack if you use this power.

More powers may be available to you once the game progresses.

Congratulation on your victory, Baron of Anarchs! You are now the leader of The Anarchs! You are now immune from all death abilities; however, you are not immune from items. You are to vote Yay or Nay on the issue the God-Emperor brings forth. Please PM me your response to the issue along with if you choose to use your powers bestowed upon you due to being House Leader and who you wish to target.

House Powers:

Riot Attack: You may use this power every day and be allowed to select any member of any house (including your own) to kill.

Special Power:

Anarchy Rulez: You anarchist ways have convinced another disciple of the God-Emperor to follow the Anarchist’s ways. You may select any person (including your own) to convert to The Anarchists. This power can be used every 3 days, starting with Day 1. You cannot use Riot Attack if you use this power.

Congratulation on your victory, Saint! You are now the leader of The Descendants of Precisionk! You are now immune from all death abilities; however, you are not immune from items. You are to vote Yay or Nay on the issue the God-Emperor brings forth. Please PM me your response to the issue along with if you choose to use your powers bestowed upon you due to being House Leader and who you wish to target.

House Powers:

Righteous Attack: You may use this power every day and be allowed to select any member of any house (including your own) to kill.

Special Power:

Essence of Precisionk: The power of Precisionk is great and you have control of a vial of his essence that you can bless any two people and provide them with total protection from all abilities (not items). You may use this vial every other day starting with Day 1. You cannot use Righteous Attack if you use this power.

Congratulation on your victory, The Deceiver! You are now the leader of The Liar’s Guild! You are now immune from all death abilities; however, you are not immune from items. You are to vote Yay or Nay on the issue the God-Emperor brings forth. Please PM me your response to the issue along with if you choose to use your powers bestowed upon you due to being House Leader and who you wish to target.

House Powers:

Assassin Attack: You may use this power every day and be allowed to select any member of any house (including your own) to kill.

Special Power:

Snakes Tongue: You are so proficient in your lies that you can deceive one other House Leader of your choice and persuade them to choose the opposite response they have selected, thus turning a Yay into a Nay or vice versa. You may use this power every other day. You cannot use Assassin Attack if you use this power.

Congratulation on your victory, Malicious One! You are now the leader of The Tears of Retribution! You are now immune from all death abilities; however, you are not immune from items. You are to vote Yay or Nay on the issue the God-Emperor brings forth. Please PM me your response to the issue along with if you choose to use your powers bestowed upon you due to being House Leader and who you wish to target.

House Powers:

Berserker Strike: You may use this power every day and be allowed to select any member of any house (including your own) to kill.

Special Power:

Redemption: Years of anger, vengeance and well placed contacts in the universe have allowed you to order a counter-strike of any guild that attacks you this night. Any houses attacking you allow your house to have a 75% chance of causing casualties on those who have attacked you. You can use this power every 3 days, starting with day 1. You cannot use Berserker Strike if you use this power.

Congratulation on your victory, The Great Betrayer! You are now the leader of The Traitor Federation! You are to vote Yay or Nay on the issue the God-Emperor brings forth. Please PM me your response to the issue along with if you choose to use your powers bestowed upon you due to being House Leader and who you wish to target.

House Powers:

Traitorous Backstab: You may use this power every day and be allowed to select any member of any house (including your own) to kill.

Congratulations God-Emperor! You have taken claim of the greatest position in the Universe! Your enemies fear you and your people adore you. Now enough with the congratulations and on with business:

precisionk on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    So how did everyone like this phalla?

Likes?

Dislikes?

For normies early in the Phalla this was horribly dull. No powers, and it was too early to see how the vote would affect things. Unlike a vote power where you can actually vote against people you dislike and bluff people out, there just wasn't much to do.

This was a bad thing.

Apparently it was pretty fun for people who could do stuff and survived to the point where we could actually have some friggin' intrigue, though.

Well that was the difference with this phalla. People weren't going to be handed powers on a silver platter like everyone phalla ever created. People had to earn them. The people who were the most active in the game, is shown to have been House Leaders as well as God-Emperor.

This was intended. Separates the men from the boys.

The thing that slowed down this phalla and what I was disappointed was the lack of participation. Truly shows that participation can make or break a game and how people are effected by it. More then I expected rarely voted and or participated. Pissed me off quite a bit.

precisionk on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    FrostMist wrote: »

seems borderline illegal

Egos on
    edited March 2008
    Egos wrote: »

seems borderline illegal

I have no idea - but that's how I got onto hakke ;)

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited March 2008

seems borderline illegal

I have no idea - but that's how I got onto hakke ;)

:winky:

The God-Emperor allows it...so it shall.

So Sepah, how did it feel when I called you out as the heir before the Hand figured it out? :lol:

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Likes?

Dislikes?

For normies early in the Phalla this was horribly dull. No powers, and it was too early to see how the vote would affect things. Unlike a vote power where you can actually vote against people you dislike and bluff people out, there just wasn't much to do.

This was a bad thing.

Apparently it was pretty fun for people who could do stuff and survived to the point where we could actually have some friggin' intrigue, though.

Well that was the difference with this phalla. People weren't going to be handed powers on a silver platter like everyone phalla ever created. People had to earn them. The people who were the most active in the game, is shown to have been House Leaders as well as God-Emperor.

This was intended. Separates the men from the boys.

The thing that slowed down this phalla and what I was disappointed was the lack of participation. Truly shows that participation can make or break a game and how people are effected by it. More then I expected rarely voted and or participated. Pissed me off quite a bit.

Well, that sort of happens when you're given the grand total capacity to: Vote for someone else to get a power.

I mean, I'm fine with playing a villager, don't get me wrong. However, when you get a multi-team Phalla where everyone is split into tiny cliquish groups and your boards are almost dead(seriously the Descendants of PrecisionK board was ridiculously quiet while I was alive) then people are going to be inherently uninterested since there's nothing to do. My attempts to get involved and enjoy myself resulted in other people getting voted into power.

Maybe it was just the Descendants of PrecisionK. I know that I had pretty much nothing to do and nobody was talking on the boards, so I just got bored really really fast.

Rainfall on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Maybe it was just the Descendants of PrecisionK. I know that I had pretty much nothing to do and nobody was talking on the boards, so I just got bored really really fast.

It might have been, Aroduc was pretty disenfranchised :)

Egos on
    edited March 2008
    It's a healthy thing to have in Phallas. Or, it would be if it didn't always get me killed.

Kind of ironic.

Like how you were evil, but not on the Traitor's Boards.

yeah - sorry for killing you day 1 tho :P

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    durax on
    edited March 2008
    It's a healthy thing to have in Phallas. Or, it would be if it didn't always get me killed.

Kind of ironic.

Like how you were evil, but not on the Traitor's Boards.

The irony like an unchained melody for only you, as smoke gets in your eyes.

Anywho,
    Ardor wrote:
    I contacted him and Shamus about working together pre-game and only Shamus got back to me.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, Ardor. I sent you a reply but you never responded. O_o

edited March 2008
    Yeah, sorry rainfall, we probably would have elected you... it's just that you've been evil so very often.

Also, just to be clear, B:L was the true heir?
    Which house had to kill which other house?

durax on
    edited March 2008
    We are many guards of a precious gate;
    Sometimes we lean backward and sometimes we stand straight;
    Some of us are short and some are tall;
    We never quit the fight but we might fall;
    We wear war paint and cover in black;
    We always defend but never will attack.

Sooo... Uhm. What was the answer anyway? :P

CoreGoon on
    edited March 2008
    Eyelashes.

durax on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ahahah oh god the other house powers were so good. Changing one yay/no answer but giving up the house kill? No, thank you!

Also RNG kills can go straight to hell.

Liar board (with super secret seered section) - read for hilarious bad luck (all three seered people died the night after I did)
    Senate board (with super secret alliance section) - if you're into politics, I guess this might be interesting. Stopped being used after a while.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2008
    Gotta clear the permissions on the individual boards in the senate, thorgot. I wanna read the super secret alliance bit. :-)

Buzz Buzz on
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    durax wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry rainfall, we probably would have elected you... it's just that you've been evil so very often.

I swear that with a reputation like mine I should just not bother with the big phallas anymore.

But, y'know, I just look at it, and get all excited, and I just have to jump on it!

Goddamn my impulsive tendencies.

Rainfall on
    edited March 2008
    t precisionk: What were the items?

The only one I saw evidence of was the thermonuclearplasma bomb...

durax on
    edited March 2008

Hahah, no. I'm just the best Anarch. ;-)

Sepah was the true heir. It was pretty obvious even before the game mechanics revealed him.

As for the House kills, it was NOT a loop:

Emperor's Hand -> The Anarchs
    The Anarchs -> The Tears of Retribution
    The Tears of Retribution -> Emperor's Hand
    The Liars -> The Descendants
    The Descendants -> The Liars

edited March 2008
    The descendants had to kill the liars.
    (And if we could have, we would have elected Sepah...)

durax on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oh, funny story. I didn't get a role PM at first (just a "You are also... a seer!" PM), leading to a pretty hilarious conversation with my house Day 1.

Also, I totally rigged the "unriggable RNG" so only seered people were selected.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2008

Hahah, no. I'm just the best Anarch. ;-)

Sepah was the true heir. It was pretty obvious even before the game mechanics revealed him.

As for the House kills, it was a loop:

Emperor's Hand -> The Anarchs -> The Tears of Retribution -> The Liars -> The Descendants ->

thought the tears where killing the hand.

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2008

Ya think?

Aroduc on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Aroduc wrote: »

Ya think?

I think the last time I remember you joining a game, it was the salem witch trials where you were a child and also did not have a vote heh.

You must have bad luck when joining these it seems.

Ardor on
    edited March 2008
    Oh, and this game introduced a new contender for the worst proboard theme award. Courtesy of FWD and myself. Apologies to Spectrum Green.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2008
    thorgot wrote: »
    Oh, funny story. I didn't get a role PM at first (just a "You are also... a seer!" PM), leading to a pretty hilarious conversation with my house Day 1.

Also, I totally rigged the "unriggable RNG" so only seered people were selected.

I really enjoyed it when I came across that convo, because Buzz Buzz was one of those who was missing from the original PMs, and he was a traitor. :lol:

• FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

Likes?

Dislikes?

Our house power was total shit, and we got raped through the pants by the RNG despite our excellent play; did you see how many times we managed to talk our way into the GE seat? Oh, and our house traitor embodied the very essence of non-participation, yet outlived almost all of us.

Other than that, though, it was fun. And I will say this, we at least had it better than the traitors. I can't see how they ever could have won.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited March 2008
    Aroduc was the only one on our team who was dedicated to finding the traitor in our ranks.
    He played the thankless role that caused led him to make the unwelcome suggestion of killing our own.

I can respect that. I think if our traitor (plutonium), or our seer (DA) had lived past day one, we would have thanked Aroduc with Sainthood.

durax on