As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] PhallisionK - Game Over! - There is only one true God-Emperor..

• FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Sorry about killing your seer Day 1. It seemed like a good idea at the time...

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This was definitely B:L's game.

Also, I approve of the result. If I can't win, nobody should win!

Shamus on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2008
    Ardor wrote: »
    Aroduc wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »

Maybe it was just the Descendants of PrecisionK. I know that I had pretty much nothing to do and nobody was talking on the boards, so I just got bored really really fast.

It might have been, Aroduc was pretty disenfranchised :)

Ya think?

I think the last time I remember you joining a game, it was the salem witch trials where you were a child and also did not have a vote heh.

You must have bad luck when joining these it seems.

I played in another on a different board. I was the only evil out of I believe 8 people. Then, on the day of my triumph, one of the mods accidently locked the thread for the last 12 hours so the guy running it declared that it a meteorite destroyed the planet and then another mod deleted the thread.

Yeah... I clearly pissed in the eye of the luck god or something.

I had managed to kill the seer on day 1 again too. :x

Aroduc on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Other than that, though, it was fun. And I will say this, we at least had it better than the traitors. I can't see how they ever could have won.

Seriously. I mean, I know I have a reputation for being able to pull off some crazy stuff, but getting two or three of us elected by other houses...well, maybe we didn't move fast enough to get the votes, but since two of our players were kinda new, and the majority of people elected were vets, and two of our three vets died right away...well, maybe we just had bad luck. But we had to find the true heir first, and since we only had two "shots" a night at that (and our seer was inactive night 1)...well, blah.

Of course, precisionk will likely demote me again for speaking ill of him this way.

Buzz Buzz on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    yeah... sorry for the inactive thing. it's the last week that my office is open, and they've been working us to death. I tried. But I shouldn't join a phalla that's not going to run on Pacific time.

i found the game to be slightly dull for me, but that's probably cause i wasn't around enough to get involved in all the backroom stuff.

lonelyahava on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    A few specific critiques, other than what I said earlier:

1) Too few traitors. Two per house would have been better.

2) The Senate bomb was absurdly unbalanced. For the cost of one normal house member, you kill everyone else in the Senate, and consequently you control the issue and GE votes as well.

3) Too many RNG deaths. Inevitably something awful happens (I.E. seer killed by RNG one night, the only seered player who would have survived who also knew the identity of the traitor killed by RNG the next), but you just feel bad because it's not as if you were defeated by a clever opponent, you're just fucked.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think you need to open the main forum on the senate boards, its still asking for a login.

Varcayn on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Varcayn wrote: »
    I think you need to open the main forum on the senate boards, its still asking for a login.

Done.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    edited March 2008

Hah, I have access to the Hand board faster than a Hand member themself!

One might say that I have the faster hand.

:winky:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited March 2008
    B:L wrote: »

Hah, I have access to the Hand board faster than a Hand member themself!

One might say that I have the faster hand.

ppfffftttt

I never claimed to be Fast.

Just Easy.

and yeah, i put that there before anybody else got the chance. take that snarkers.

or something.

lonelyahava on
    edited March 2008
    spectrum-green-armanimated.gif
    spectrum-black-animated.gif

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2008
    ummm Thorgot... ya dropped something there, buddy

lonelyahava on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's alright, Black.

I'll always forgive you.:whistle:

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • CoreGoonCoreGoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    A few specific critiques, other than what I said earlier:

1) Too few traitors. Two per house would have been better.

2) The Senate bomb was absurdly unbalanced. For the cost of one normal house member, you kill everyone else in the Senate, and consequently you control the issue and GE votes as well.

3) Too many RNG deaths. Inevitably something awful happens (I.E. seer killed by RNG one night, the only seered player who would have survived who also knew the identity of the traitor killed by RNG the next), but you just feel bad because it's not as if you were defeated by a clever opponent, you're just fucked.

I agree with point 1, there were seriously too few traitors. We could easily have done with a few more. Point 3 I agree with as well. RNG is seriously rotten. :P You don't feel like you get anything out of them and you don't really feel outsmarted if killed by one either.

As for point 2 I died and didn't pay too much attention to anything else. :P

CoreGoon on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2008
    thorgot wrote: »

prismrangersGO.gif

Aroduc on
    edited March 2008
    Somebody should throw a link up to the Disgaea for Aroduc and the others.

It is epic enough for a read through.

Also, the Spectrum 5 were awesome.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited March 2008
    thorgot wrote: »

prismrangersGO.gif

spectrum-go.gif

• AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2008
    Wh... where'd Prism Black go?

Aroduc on
    edited March 2008

He was a Traitor and had to...go.

spectrumfive.jpg

edited March 2008

He was a Prinny is disguise. He lied to us.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited March 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Then he exploded.

edited March 2008
    Look! Look! I'm active. don't kill me!

yes, i know it's too late.. blah. i'm bored.

lonelyahava on
    edited March 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Then he exploded.

Then we exploded. Well, I was thrown/banished into the item-world; the rest of you exploded though.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2008
    Great. Now I'm looking through all my old sprite avs and sigs.

sig1b.gif Run Udonge, run!

Good times with mah sprites.

Ahhhh I taught myself so much about gif compression in those days. I'm pretty sure ImageReady/Fireworks thinks that the smallest this one could be is around 250kb. Silly Adobe and their inability to compress gifs.

Aroduc on
  • Darkblade_1Darkblade_1 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Unlocked the Hand board..

Good game guys..

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    You're drawn to my eccentric Brawl Code: 4596 9143 4529
  • SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    FrostMist wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »
    FrostMist wrote: »
    CoreGoon wrote: »

strange that since the traitors shared loggin names and passwords!

seems borderline illegal

I have no idea - but that's how I got onto hakke ;)

The God-Emperor allows it...so it shall.

So Sepah, how did it feel when I called you out as the heir before the Hand figured it out? :lol:

Kind of resigned, really.

Did you tell Egos, and thats why he avoided voting me in the day before he died?

What gave me away, specifically? Was hoping to avoid suspicion by not pursuing the leader/GE throne early on, and otherwise keep my head down to avoid getting targeted early.

Whats funny is, it would've worked if it hadn't been for that damned Tax for a new Senate House bill not passing. Even after you knowing it, even after Toxic discovering it, still had enough votes to win.

Anyway, my power was the Veil of Greatness. Every other day, protect myself from Kill abilities.

Sepah on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Things that make me D:

1: Unhappy house powers. Yay to nay? While others could convert? ):
    2: Zan-Inactive git-matto
    3: RNG kills. The liars guild leadership dead in a single night thanks to the roll of the dice?
    4: Zan - how I play game? - matto
    5: Seeing other really powerful things happen in the thread and cry about them oh god the senate bomb
    6: Zan - where is reply button??? - matto
    7: The ambiguity of the issues. I mean, some of them allowed you to power play around them (Allow bodies to be identified? Vote now!) but some of them were just impossible to recognise death traps (Last stand?)
    8: Zan-If I hide amongst the inactives they'll never find me!-matto
    9: With the lack of personal powers, I would have had to go for leadership to have done anything with the people who promised to work with the cult of Thursday pregame and I couldn't have taken leadership from our seer without feeling guilty and I may just be saying this to fit another Zanmatto thing in
    10: Zan-Look at me I'm more inacitve then Zot during a TF2 tournament-matto
    11: Yea I'm just grasping at straws to fit in more Zanmatto hate
    12: Zan-WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-matto

But I did have fun while our house leadership was still alive and this game WAS a good one, but yea

RNG

):

Gumpy on
  • SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So wait, B:L, what were you exactly?

Sepah on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I had great fun in this game. My fun was only diminished by the fact that our house power was a complete joke and the item we got was only barely useful. I mean, what the hell? Other houses get extra kills and conversion powers, and we get to change one house leader's issue vote from Yay to Nay or vice versa at the cost of our kill? Due to this and random bad luck, the balance versus our enemy, the Descendants, was so lopsided that we only managed to stay even with them despite sitting like half the game in the G-E seat. Bleh.

Other crits:

RNG deaths are lame.
    Zanmatto sucks.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I may have missed it...but why didn't B:L die the last day again?

El Skid on
    edited March 2008
    What was our house gift?

Gumpy on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    What was our house gift?

A one-use item that allowed us to vote for ourselves for G-E, again at the cost of our house kill. :P

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I agree with everything Gumpy and Bliss said. Damn you Zanmatto and RNG.

Burnage on
    edited March 2008
    Evil people being evil are all fair and swell and normal, but hiding amongst the inactives just makes me rage ):

Gumpy on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    jdarksun wrote: »
    So, wait - if B:L didn't kill me, who did? The Traitors?

Frostmist/The Hand apparently killed you. If its any consolation he apologized 8-)

Egos on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Sepah wrote: »

Did you tell Egos, and thats why he avoided voting me in the day before he died?

B:L didn't tell me anything. To tell you the truth I just found it suspicious that it seemed like you were pointing out it was given both me and you are going to die- but suddenly and strongly wanted to be Baron.

By the time I did vote for I figured wtf- B:L didn't warn me secretly, it seemed like we already lost, you really seemed to want it :), and the Hand was on the verge of destroying us.

Egos on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I had great fun in this game. My fun was only diminished by the fact that our house power was a complete joke and the item we got was only barely useful. I mean, what the hell? Other houses get extra kills and conversion powers, and we get to change one house leader's issue vote from Yay to Nay or vice versa at the cost of our kill? Due to this and random bad luck, the balance versus our enemy, the Descendants, was so lopsided that we only managed to stay even with them despite sitting like half the game in the G-E seat. Bleh.

Other crits:

RNG deaths are lame.
    Zanmatto sucks.

It's funny that despite your house power, your house probably played the best game. Go figure.

There was a shit ton of ties when it involved seating for RNG. Had issues been passed or failed, game would have changed dramatically. RNG is the only fair way to determine random death or teams.

precisionk on