As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] PhallisionK - Game Over! - There is only one true God-Emperor..

1495051525355»

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Right, but the whole point is that random death is lame and no one likes them.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Especially when those random deaths without fail manage to kill our team's most important members. D:

After reading through the DoPK boards; damn you for killing me, VisibleHowl. And apparently Plutonium has a random grudge against me?

Burnage on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So... were all of those seers random or were they killed by a very lucky group?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, don't take me wrong, it was fun. As soon as I saw our House roster I knew we'd have an awesome time, and thorgot put some effort into getting everyone involved right from the start so vanillager apathy never set in in our house.

I guess I'm just pissed that we were so phenomenally unlucky. I think we only had two succesful kills the entire game. VH in particular just refused to die no matter what.

And for the record, I felt sorry that we killed DA on the first day (again). That he turned out to be their seer makes it even worse. :)

edit: or maybe not. Being the only house with a hidden seer at one point was definitely an advantage.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited March 2008
    The Anarchs' forum color scheme rivals our fake Liars' forum in hideousness.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Sepah wrote: »
    So wait, B:L, what were you exactly?

The bestest Anarch. And perhaps you have heard B:L's Theme before?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited March 2008
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    The Anarchs' forum color scheme rivals our fake Liars' forum in hideousness.

That was Jdark's selection. :P

And I was just doing my villager duty of calling out suspicious people. You can't blame me that you were suspicious for the wrong reasons, and your reaction sure didn't help. :lol:

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So who do I have to hate forever here? I lost track of this game after I was brutally murdered right as I was getting interested.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited March 2008
    So who do I have to hate forever here? I lost track of this game after I was brutally murdered right as I was getting interested.

http://theguildisalie.proboards88.com/index.c.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1205465759&page=3

You'll need to hate yourself for being next in line and too popular. :P

edited March 2008

Well we wanted to kill the leading candidate for your house leader seat and it happened to be you. Can't remember who suggested it first.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Huh, missed that. It wasn't on The Hand boards.

Why'd ya target me, Frostmist? :?
    there was too much talk, had no idea what was really going on in the start and thus you stood out, and that's what got you killed. Also killed Plutonium day 1, but that's a different story :P

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited March 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    http://theguildisalie.proboards88.com/index.c.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1205465759&page=3

You'll need to hate yourself for being next in line and too popular. :P
    Right, Burnage is the first person I see mentioning it so I blame him. Eternal punishment, fear my wrath, so on and so forth. That's done then.
    I highly doubt that DA will fail to vote now that B:L has pointed out that clarification.

Awww...I feel touched.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited March 2008
    I feel lonely and confused without an ongoing Phalla.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited March 2008
    I think I'll hijack this thread and make it about my Phalla. What's the general consensus, do people prefer to go back to more traditional Phalla with nothing terribly fancy except maybe having more than one bad guy faction, or would something resembling Phalla Royale be more welcome? I lean towards the latter, if only because I want everyone to have something useful and fun to do.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'd say the later as well. I tend to like it when the outcome (kill these specific members/namely mafia) isn't as engraved in stone.

Egos on
    edited March 2008
    Honestly I find the traditional phalla's more engaging than some of the phalla royale stuff. In PR odds are you're going to die without accomplishing much. You might kill somebody but you don't have any reason to and the only reason to kill people is because you have nothing else to do. It's a bit like the Prisoners Dilemma writ large but typically without the "cooperation" option.

I'm really starting to miss the traditional phalla dynamic of a large uninformed group trying to work up a consensus to do something with a minority of people attempting to exert negative influence on the group consensus while trying to remain hidden.

There the challenge is always generated by other players and the entertainment is pretty purely a product of the effort you put into it.

I am a curmudgeon lately though.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited March 2008
    The idea I have in mind for the Bioshock Phalla is to divide the game board into sections representing the different zones in the game. Contrary to Phalla Royale, the goal would be to kill the bad guys, but this would have to happen Phalla Royale style. There would be a red vote, but it would not directly kill the player voted: instead he or she is declared an outlaw and will be attacked by the security systems of Rapture until s/he dies. There would be ways to dodge or hack the security system. The individual abilities of the players would be necessary to ensure that the suspected bad guys die. All ability uses would be restricted to the zone the player is in, and there might be zones that are only available to specific players.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Is HP going to be calculated ala Phallout or no? And will it be an sign that you are a powerful member (mafia or good(if there is a good side) if you survive an attack from the security bot- or will everyone have a chance to evade depending on what plasmids or abilities they chose?

Egos on
    edited March 2008
    I think I'd like to give everyone access to the same special abilities. The bad guy minority would have an additional power they can use collectively, to balance things out.

edit: undecided about HP. On one hand, tracking HP would be the best for the game I think, but on the other hand I do care about my own sanity. I've been thinking along the lines of "daily HP". You die if you take enough damage to bring your HP to 0, but everyone's health is reset to max at the end of the day if they live.

edit2: also, apologies to PK and everyone else if it's considered rude to start this discussion here. I just didn't want to clutter the official phalla thread, and it seemed the post-game discussion was drying up here so.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Bliss just remember

HP and such in Phallout nearly killed Drez

Gumpy on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I feel lonely and confused without an ongoing Phalla.

Now C'mon!!!! I can understand the confusion, but is there any reason for you to NOT keep your hands to your self.

HMPH!

:-P

sorry, couldn't help it.

lonelyahava on
    edited March 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Bliss just remember

HP and such in Phallout nearly killed Drez

Keeping track of money alone was hard enough in DMC. I cannot imagine the mental hell that Drez went through trying to work out HP and money of 100+ people a night.

Burnage on
    edited March 2008
    Do you think it was coincidence that Drez got iller as the game progressed?

Gumpy on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You guys should see the emo house board color scheme. I wasn't an admin so I can't open it up though.

Savant on
    edited March 2008
    Regarding this Phalla, the spin I've decided to put on this is that everyone wins.

And it was somehow my doing.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited March 2008

Of course.

I've also just realised that this is the second main phalla in a row where everyone loses. Let's, uh, try to do better in the next one?

Burnage on
    edited March 2008

I thought it was Ardor sucking out Drez's strength.

In a manner of speaking.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited March 2008
    In the next Phalla

I will lead the cult of Thursday to victory

I am for not doing things with you guys who loved me during this phalla but it was a team game and don't make me feel guilty i don't like that ):

Gumpy on
    edited March 2008
    I know you're not talking about my reaction being overblown.

B:L: "Hi Jdark."
    jdarksun: "I JUST WANT MY SPACE!!!"
    B:L: O_o

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    FrostMist wrote: »
    Huh, missed that. It wasn't on The Hand boards.

Why'd ya target me, Frostmist? :?
    there was too much talk, had no idea what was really going on in the start and thus you stood out, and that's what got you killed. Also killed Plutonium day 1, but that's a different story :P

I owe Ardor an apology, then. I sent a kill order in on him, when I was House Leader. It didn't go through thanks to the Day 2 Peace.

Shamus on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You know... I haven't been able to tell Ardor yet, but I've been thinking about ideas for Phalla Royale III recently, and have been seriously considering adding a Hit Points system to the game. Don't worry! I know what I'm doing!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I am the god of spreadsheets, and will prove it to you by making a system so complex only I have the ability to comprehend it, much less implement it!

Go nuts, Blarney :P

El Skid on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I thought the game was interesting, but it might've been nice as a normal player, to have the ability to do something other than vote for a house leader. Maybe if the house leaders were able to dole out abilities to 1-2 house members or something each night, that would've been neat.

I don't recall the 10 day thing in my win conditions in the OP or role PM though. Did I miss it somewhere that we only had 10 days to win or lose?

Ardor on
  • SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The op.

Sepah on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oops, I guess I didn't realize that meant 10 days or bust.

Ardor on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    You know... I haven't been able to tell Ardor yet, but I've been thinking about ideas for Phalla Royale III recently, and have been seriously considering adding a Hit Points system to the game. Don't worry! I know what I'm doing!

Guu~

Frosteey on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I would definitely have liked to share my abilities. A rotating seer would have been WONDERFUL, although mechanically I don't know how that would have unbalanced things.

Maybe this was addressed before, but did every house seer come out to the rest of the house on day 1, or was it just coincidence that they all died?

Quoth on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The only thing that springs to mind at the moment is that for those of us who aren't in favourable timezones there was no point in pushing to be elected House Leader, as the one-hour turnaround for the issue voting meant I'd have to be online at something like 4 in the morning, which just cannot be done during a working week. That's why my semi-push to get elected in the first day or so petered out, as I figured I wouldn't be able to actually fulfil the requirements of the position.

Quoth, did you scan any of the other Hand members for disloyalty? If so, were there any secret discussions?

Wildcat on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I scanned all the Hand members that I could, and when I died I believe I had formed a network of three. Alas, Egos PMed me at the last minute to say that our house was clean, but I couldn't tell anyone because I was dead. And he might have been lying anyway, but of course he wasn't. So yeah. :(

Quoth on